Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/16, 05:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I sure as hell didn't do it. ****ing pissed right now.

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-13077046_1252391134789226_1657161462032535911_n_66e02835a2531804f5fc32240cabfa2182783fd0.jpg
Old 4/22/16, 05:14 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Where is that at on your car Nathan?
Old 4/22/16, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Where is that at on your car Nathan?
Top crease of the driver's door.
Old 4/22/16, 05:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,691 Likes on 1,209 Posts
WTF?!?!?!?
Where did this happen Nathan?
Old 4/22/16, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
WTF?!?!?!?
Where did this happen Nathan?
I think it happened at walmart. Was there for no more than five minutes. Parked a good ways away from everyone else, but when I came back there was a white kia with black plasti-dipped wheels parked to my left rear. I think he pulled next to me, opened his door into me and pulled forward. I didn't notice it until I was leaving work. Want to kill someone right now.
Old 4/22/16, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Top crease of the driver's door.
****, sorry to see that. Do you know where it happened or who did it? I'm guessing it was a bad surprise.
Old 4/22/16, 05:44 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I got 'er cleaned and detailed for my clubs All Ford show on Sunday and put it under cover to lessen garage dust. I won't be home tomorrow until after midnite so there'll be no time to do a pre-show prep and dust-off.

Almost embarrassed to admit this, but I tried Turtle Wax liquid carnuba for black paint. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It does cover-up chips, not completely, but they become less noticeable. The best part is that the black wax does a beautiful job on plastic trim like the belt moldings and mudflaps....better than Back to Black. No buffer this time, all by hand. I'm curious to see what it'll look like in direct sunlight.
Old 4/22/16, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I think it happened at walmart. Was there for no more than five minutes. Parked a good ways away from everyone else, but when I came back there was a white kia with black plasti-dipped wheels parked to my left rear. I think he pulled next to me, opened his door into me and pulled forward. I didn't notice it until I was leaving work. Want to kill someone right now.
I agree, those type need to die and they shouldn't breed. I know some will think that's extreme, but in my book they rank right there with a thief.
Old 4/22/16, 07:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

My DD is so banged up its hard to believe! I bet I've got at least 5-6 different paint colors scratched into it and dents from others! I'm always thinking if you had something nice it would be dinged parking amongst everyone everyday. I honestly don't understand what people are doing these days? My DD is a beater and I still am very careful when getting in and out everyday everywhere!
The following users liked this post:
Coyote5-0 (4/25/16)
Old 4/22/16, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
My DD is so banged up its hard to believe! I bet I've got at least 5-6 different paint colors scratched into it and dents from others! I'm always thinking if you had something nice it would be dinged parking amongst everyone everyday. I honestly don't understand what people are doing these days? My DD is a beater and I still am very careful when getting in and out everyday everywhere!
Same here, I drive an 03 Grand Prix and I'm always careful getting in and out of it. Only thing I don't like is when I park next to a nice car and I wonder if the owner of that car thinks I might have dinged it since I drive a beater. Lol
Old 4/22/16, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Nathan i know those feels.

The very first day when i got my 2011 mustang i left the dealership and went to cosco with a buddy for a slice of a pizza. Parked far away and some whale parked her toyota corolla right next to me and one of the snot lockers she had in the car seat managed to put a ding in the side of my then brand new car when they were getting out.

Basically the solution is to park far away, and if you come back and see somebody parked next to you... always inspect your car and do a walk around... doesnt hurt to take your phone out and snap a pic of their license plate just in case you need to phone insurance

Last edited by xtc.inc; 4/22/16 at 09:58 PM.
Old 4/23/16, 06:59 AM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
woooooow no invite. I see how it is...
Obviously your reputation gets around!!
Old 4/23/16, 08:19 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

F*cking sucks bro!
And people wonder why I don't take my car to car shows or leave it parked unattended. People f*cking suck, that's why!! That sucks bro. Good luck going forward Nathan.
Same thing happened to my Monte Carlo SS way back. I was parked all by myself. Me, my girlfriend and her friend came back to see this big ding and paint missing from my driver's side door! I wanted to kill! After, I promised myself,...never again!!

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I got 'er cleaned and detailed for my clubs All Ford show on Sunday and put it under cover to lessen garage dust. I won't be home tomorrow until after midnite so there'll be no time to do a pre-show prep and dust-off.
Almost embarrassed to admit this, but I tried Turtle Wax liquid carnuba for black paint. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It does cover-up chips, not completely, but they become less noticeable. The best part is that the black wax does a beautiful job on plastic trim like the belt moldings and mudflaps....better than Back to Black. No buffer this time, all by hand. I'm curious to see what it'll look like in direct sunlight.
I bet she looks killer bro! Awaiting pics.
Old 4/23/16, 08:27 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
People do suck. I won't take my car anywhere I know people can park next to me. That's for my 2002 Taurus.

Oh and I've done nothing to my car for days now because the **** thing is still at the dealer having the harness and firewall padding replaced. I'm hoping I don't find any dings or scratches from the dealer. I really should have opted for the 3 year 36k miles therapy package.
Old 4/23/16, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by esir_spd
****, sorry to see that. Do you know where it happened or who did it? I'm guessing it was a bad surprise.
Definitely a surprise. Really don't know for sure who did it. I just remembered I had an open spot next to me at work yesterday morning. I normally park between my sister and another lady (who adores my car and has a mustang of her own) but my sister had her car in for an oil change. Could have happened then too.
Originally Posted by Blown CS
I agree, those type need to die and they shouldn't breed. I know some will think that's extreme, but in my book they rank right there with a thief.
Not extreme at all. Want to do horrible things to people who can't respect other people's property.

People are too caught up in their own superficial lives to care about anyone else. It's just a car. A machine to get from point A to point B. Don't think they'd appreciate it if I walked into their living room and dumped a bucket of red paint all over their furniture and left. Same exact thing.
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Nathan i know those feels.

The very first day when i got my 2011 mustang i left the dealership and went to cosco with a buddy for a slice of a pizza. Parked far away and some whale parked her toyota corolla right next to me and one of the snot lockers she had in the car seat managed to put a ding in the side of my then brand new car when they were getting out.

Basically the solution is to park far away, and if you come back and see somebody parked next to you... always inspect your car and do a walk around... doesnt hurt to take your phone out and snap a pic of their license plate just in case you need to phone insurance
That freaking sucks. I made it almost two years without any dings, but on the first day? People like that need to be burned at the stake.
F*cking sucks bro!
And people wonder why I don't take my car to car shows or leave it parked unattended. People f*cking suck, that's why!! That sucks bro. Good luck going forward Nathan.
Same thing happened to my Monte Carlo SS way back. I was parked all by myself. Me, my girlfriend and her friend came back to see this big ding and paint missing from my driver's side door! I wanted to kill! After, I promised myself,...never again!!
Ugh. What's so hard about leaving a note and taking responsibility for themselves. At the very least an apology to acknowledge that they screwed up. The fact they can't even take responsibility just irks me even more.
Originally Posted by VidPro
People do suck. I won't take my car anywhere I know people can park next to me. That's for my 2002 Taurus.

Oh and I've done nothing to my car for days now because the **** thing is still at the dealer having the harness and firewall padding replaced. I'm hoping I don't find any dings or scratches from the dealer. I really should have opted for the 3 year 36k miles therapy package.
Heck, I park my crappy '01 Explorer far away from other cars as well. Thing is dirty and is starting to get some decent rust spots, but I still can't find the courage to park next to some "whale" and her feral children.
Old 4/23/16, 12:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Feral children Nathan!
Old 4/24/16, 05:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Installed new lightweight 2-piece rotors! See my test thread over in the motorsports forum! I'll be testing these at the track over this spring and summer

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image_58455e2a877c8b49a3cae0bc6fc5ab515bdc8b87.jpeg

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image_390c5848749786c903b774b9b1f83b2fb9e2658f.jpeg
Old 4/24/16, 06:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Installed new lightweight 2-piece rotors! See my test thread over in the motorsports forum! I'll be testing these at the track over this spring and summer
Nice. How much weight savings?
Old 4/24/16, 06:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Nice. How much weight savings?

8 lbs per rotor. Very significant. And improved cooling capabilities. I might not have them out to a track day till May 13, but it'll come soon!!
Old 4/25/16, 06:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
How many miles until those things warp?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?