2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/16, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2005 Ranger (have had it for the past 6 years) and have loved having a small truck... Now that we're in CO though, we'll probably be getting rid of it soon as it does not do well in the snow (RWD with no weight in the back makes for fun fishtailing at low speeds though)... We just need something better in the snow and more room (it's a regular cab) for friends when they visit... I'll be sad to see it go. I am not a truck person at all, but having a truck that wasn't the size of a state was pretty nice...

And I heard/saw the GT350 at a Cars & Coffee last month and I agree, the sound is amazing! I think my plan is going to be to wait a few years and see if I can pick one up on the used market... As soon as I saw (and heard) it, I wanted it.
Old 4/13/16, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
ugh.... trucks are so obnoxious. Especially to daily drive. I don't understand why ANYONE would want to drive a truck unless they absolutely needed it for the work they do.
My commute is 50 miles each way on a busy semi heavy highway, after seeing several fatalities in car vs. semi accidents, I decided to get something a bit bigger to make sure that I survive any encounter with the occasional sleepy Semi driver. Do i need a truck, probably not, but I do love breathing a lot, so I got one to insure I keep doing what I love

I also own a Fiesta for when I am not driving to work, and now I also own a Mustang for summer fun.
Old 4/14/16, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
ugh.... trucks are so obnoxious. Especially to daily drive. I don't understand why ANYONE would want to drive a truck unless they absolutely needed it for the work they do.
I love trucks because they are useful. I have an ATV I would love to pull around to go riding up in Ocala national forest. Also helps when it floods during the rainy season. Apparently it is my Spec stage 2 clutch causing the grinding noise. The Ford mechanic said there were chatter marks on the pressure plate. So I owe Ford $360 for pulling the transmission to tell me that. Now to figure out what to do from here and save up to have the A/C fixed.
Old 4/15/16, 06:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well i finished the full wrap yesterday. Car is all back together and drive able.

I had to order a new chin spoiler\splitter, went with the rtr setup i used to have. Ditched the one i bought last year since i did horrible prep on it when i painted it and trying to redo it all required patience i didn't have. So got that installed yesterday and got the splitter wrapped.

Also since my sparkplugs were 2 years old, swapped those out. My only issue is when i checked the gap was wayyyyy off, maybe thats why i was having issue. Put new brisk's in gapped to about .033. Car runs way better now.

After all said and done she's back on the street. Gonna be SUPER nice here in michigan so it was nice to get it running.

I'll have pics of the new wrap and name this weekend.
Old 4/15/16, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen.
The following users liked this post:
rmurer (4/15/16)
Old 4/15/16, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-20160415_193832_fe7cef1ab800128c66698488d55012cc4ac1e270.jpg
Old 4/15/16, 10:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
Well i finished the full wrap yesterday. Car is all back together and drive able.

I had to order a new chin spoiler\splitter, went with the rtr setup i used to have. Ditched the one i bought last year since i did horrible prep on it when i painted it and trying to redo it all required patience i didn't have. So got that installed yesterday and got the splitter wrapped.

Also since my sparkplugs were 2 years old, swapped those out. My only issue is when i checked the gap was wayyyyy off, maybe thats why i was having issue. Put new brisk's in gapped to about .033. Car runs way better now.

After all said and done she's back on the street. Gonna be SUPER nice here in michigan so it was nice to get it running.

I'll have pics of the new wrap and name this weekend.
sweet Russ! Definitely pics! If you had to do it again, would you pay someone? lol... I would.
Old 4/15/16, 10:43 PM
I Have No Life

Well, I drove Marilyn a lot today - but I also finally cranked open my GoPro. Figured out how to use it and download it Made a few vids. Forgive the "rattling". I didn't tighten/secure the ***** on the GoPro hinges Been wanting to get a good exhaust vid for a while. Corsa FTW.

Old 4/16/16, 12:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pitbull329
Which wheels are those?

Can you post more pics?
Old 4/16/16, 07:08 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Which wheels are those?

Can you post more pics?
Those look like the ever famous Milans!!! .
Old 4/16/16, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
They're Rovos Durbans.
Old 4/16/16, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
They're Rovos Durbans.
The R on the center cap was throwing me off big time ...
Old 4/16/16, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
The R on the center cap was throwing me off big time ...
You already know my opinion on those lol...doesn't mean I don't think they look good, because I do like them, but the amount of copies of the original Vossen CV3s is staggering.

On a different note, driving down to LA tonight for Fabulous Fords tomorrow! Can't wait to finally show my car.
Old 4/16/16, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You already know my opinion on those lol...doesn't mean I don't think they look good, because I do like them, but the amount of copies of the original Vossen CV3s is staggering.

On a different note, driving down to LA tonight for Fabulous Fords tomorrow! Can't wait to finally show my car.
Lol yeah I know.
And I'm not nearly as bad about it as you are ... while I don't see any other Mustangs around here with Niche Milans on it, IF I were to see one I wouldn't go and sell mine, lol

I just wish I could drive my car ... underhood parts are still out, and with some traveling planned for next week it's gonna be some time after that before I drive her again ...
Old 4/16/16, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol yeah I know.
And I'm not nearly as bad about it as you are ... while I don't see any other Mustangs around here with Niche Milans on it, IF I were to see one I wouldn't go and sell mine, lol

I just wish I could drive my car ... underhood parts are still out, and with some traveling planned for next week it's gonna be some time after that before I drive her again ...
Lol! It wasn't even a Mustang that copied my wheels hahaha. They're on my buddy's SGM 14 GT now though. The black chrome looks really good on his car. I have some pics I need to post.

Can't wait to see the other parts too. Those parts are officially my favorite part of your build. I think you should just skip painting the calipers and have them dipped the same way. Tie in the outside to the engine bay, but just a touch.
Old 4/16/16, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lol! It wasn't even a Mustang that copied my wheels hahaha. They're on my buddy's SGM 14 GT now though. The black chrome looks really good on his car. I have some pics I need to post.

Can't wait to see the other parts too. Those parts are officially my favorite part of your build. I think you should just skip painting the calipers and have them dipped the same way. Tie in the outside to the engine bay, but just a touch.
Now THAT is a sweet idea!
Old 4/16/16, 01:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm here all week...
Old 4/16/16, 01:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haven't even told you guys the nightmare I had with the rear Wilwoods. The kit was missing 1 brake pad so I had to wait for that to come in before I could install. Then as it was on the rack, they realize that it came with the wrong AN fittings to mate to the factory lines, AND wrong parking brake cables. It came with male-male fittings and should've been male-female; then there should be a driver's side and passenger side parking brake cable...the kit had 2 passenger cables in it. Everything was sealed in the package so it was clearly the idiot that packed it, not the guy I bought them from.

Luckily a local shop was able to make me a little splice of line with fittings that would work. But I have no parking brake at the moment. Luckily I can just air out and it won't roll. That said, Wilwood is letting me pick up the right parts at the show on Sunday. Still...that whole fiasco caused me to miss my long tube install!!!! Not happy about that. I really wanted those on for the show
Old 4/16/16, 02:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,697 Likes on 1,212 Posts
Haven't even told you guys the nightmare I had with the rear Wilwoods. The kit was missing 1 brake pad so I had to wait for that to come in before I could install. Then as it was on the rack, they realize that it came with the wrong AN fittings to mate to the factory lines, AND wrong parking brake cables. It came with male-male fittings and should've been male-female; then there should be a driver's side and passenger side parking brake cable...the kit had 2 passenger cables in it. Everything was sealed in the package so it was clearly the idiot that packed it, not the guy I bought them from.
Luckily a local shop was able to make me a little splice of line with fittings that would work. But I have no parking brake at the moment. Luckily I can just air out and it won't roll. That said, Wilwood is letting me pick up the right parts at the show on Sunday. Still...that whole fiasco caused me to miss my long tube install!!!! Not happy about that. I really wanted those on for the show
Man, that sucks! I hope you get it all sorted out soon Patrick.
Other than that, how do you like the Wilwoods? I know they have a great reputation and make a great brake set up.
Old 4/16/16, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Man, that sucks! I hope you get it all sorted out soon Patrick.
Other than that, how do you like the Wilwoods? I know they have a great reputation and make a great brake set up.
They're absolutely amazing. I was surprised the pedal was a little soft after I got them on, but after I bedded the pads, it's much firmer. The way they stop the car is unreal. Also, the car feels SO much lighter on its feet. I can't tell you how much the unsprung weight makes the car feel better. It was all rotational mass that was lost, so the car accelerates and turns sharper.

Well worth the cost, other than the issues. And they're beautiful to boot!
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/16/16)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?