Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/16, 06:40 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I swapped out the factory driveshaft for a shaft from a friend's '12 Roush

Mine had developed a noise in the rear section:

His was nice and solid:

The swap eliminated a clunk I was getting when putting a load on the driveline.
Noise gone, the car actually feels more eager to take off.
Can't wait to drive it again!!

Gabe, make sure you didn't DROP that shaft.
Old 9/8/16, 06:45 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Well, I can tell you that a stock Z06 will not in fact outrun my Shelby. Yes, I've had some work done on it of course, but when a ****ing whiny ***** comes up and says his stock '16 Z06 will take my built Shelby in a quarter mile by a car-length, them's fightin' words.

Ironically, I met two such individuals over the long weekend, but the other gentleman was at least considerate that my Shelby might in fact be able to beat him. The whiny ***** got a DPS friend of his to shut down a seldom-used road yesterday morning for half a mile for about five minutes while we raced.

Sure enough, he was sniffing my fumes three full car lengths behind me when I crossed the finish line with his friends laughing their collective asses off at him. As it turned out, it was only two tenths of a mile, not a full quarter--for which he should be very glad. It was bad. Ohhhh it was BAD. He gets out, walks over and accuses me of cheating. On a road he drives regularly, just outside of his hometown, with HIS friend the DPS officer putting his job on the line, he accuses me of cheating. What's cheating, I asked? "You ****in' did something, there's no way that piece of **** could outrun me if I wasn't being cheated against." Yeah, I did do something. I walked his ***. I repeated that he had roughly 400lbs of weight advantage on me, while I had over 130WHP on him. I told him that if he can't understand the difference in the power:wt, he needed to go back to college and take some math courses. I also reiterated that I wasn't on stock tires (he was), I smoked mine before we ran to get them sticky enough for the launch, he didn't, and oh yeah, I had 130WHP more than he did. I told him that I said Sunday night at the restaurant I was going to walk him, I tried to spare him from the embarrassment in front of his friends (who all showed up after he challenged me at the restaurant), who by the way were KILLING him for losing to me. Never shook my hand, cursed a bunch of times, swore I cheated, got in his car, spun his tires and overrevved his engine and took off. DPS guy comes down, tells everyone to clear out and then says to me, "Glad no one got hurt but I'm also glad you whipped his ***. He's been needing that ever since he bought that piece of crap chevy and won't shut the **** up about it. Thanks, you made my week."
Wow... you didn't make this up? Dang. This is classic! Love it man!
Old 9/8/16, 07:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe, make sure you didn't DROP that shaft.
I handle my shaft carefully.
Always have.
Old 9/8/16, 09:25 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
I handle my shaft carefully.
Always have.
Old 9/8/16, 09:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Wow... you didn't make this up? Dang. This is classic! Love it man!
Why the hell would I make it up? It's too funny to be a made-up story anyway.

The guy told me to be at a certain place the next morning, so I showed up. He and a bunch of his friends were there. True to his word, there was a DPS trooper there as well, told us we had five minutes to get this done. I got in, waited for all his friends to drive down to the other end of the "track," smoked the tires for a couple of seconds, took off and whipped his ***. Not really all that amazing or surprising...at least not down here in Texas.
Old 9/8/16, 10:12 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The guy told me to be at a certain place the next morning, so I showed up. He and a bunch of his friends were there. True to his word, there was a DPS trooper there as well, told us we had five minutes to get this done. I got in, waited for all his friends to drive down to the other end of the "track," smoked the tires for a couple of seconds, took off and whipped his ***. Not really all that amazing or surprising...at least not down here in Texas.
Old 9/8/16, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

This was actually not too far from your neck of the woods (literally): right outside of Sour Lake west of Beaumont, on Hwy 61 just south of 105 near the junction of 61 and 326.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 9/8/16 at 10:20 AM.
Old 9/8/16, 10:48 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Why is it when Matt and I get together all we do is eat Mexican food?
Old 9/8/16, 11:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Don't you mean Terry?
Old 9/8/16, 12:32 PM
I Have No Life

That is neat that you have cops willing to allow that. You have way cooler popo there than here. Literally here, it's a russian roulette type of even whenever I drive my car out of my neighborhood. My car is low key enough (thankfully) that it doesn't garner tooooo much attention, unlike my red RX7 and Z.
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 9/8/16, 01:14 PM

This was actually not too far from your neck of the woods (literally): right outside of Sour Lake west of Beaumont, on Hwy 61 just south of 105 near the junction of 61 and 326.
Back in the day we had a few officers that had race cars. We had grudge match races every weekend. Usually those guys were right in the middle of it. Had to shut it down when the idiots started bringing trailer cars there.
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 9/8/16, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the mid to late 70s the cops(a couple of them)let us mark the 1/8 and 1/4 mile on a road outside of town,was a Friday,Saturday thing. The road itself was about 6 sections before its 1st bend so it was used for top end runs also. Ahhhhhh the good old days gone by.
Old 9/8/16, 11:06 PM

Today I will be replacing the resonator with a H pipe and leaving axle backs on,want to see what it sounds like before I spend money on different axle backs.
Old 9/9/16, 01:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
We had BBQ last time. Your memory's shot old man. Too much estrogen.
Old 9/9/16, 01:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Don't you mean Terry?
Very funny. Now shut the **** up.

Old 9/9/16, 01:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

That is neat that you have cops willing to allow that. You have way cooler popo there than here. Literally here, it's a russian roulette type of even whenever I drive my car out of my neighborhood. My car is low key enough (thankfully) that it doesn't garner tooooo much attention, unlike my red RX7 and Z.
You have to understand, there's little to do in much of these parts, cars (and trucks down here) are something people gravitate toward and even the troopers and cops are understanding of things like this. Hell he thanked me for shuttin' that guy's *** up, and he didn't have to shut the road down for us at all. He's a car guy. I don't know what kind the guy likes, he was a bit younger than I was but he took one look under my hood and knew right away the Z06 never had a chance. It's a way of life in the small towns in Texas and at least some parts of Louisiana, with with local law's support or against it. It's what drives weekends when football isn't in season. What happened to me isn't uncommon down here at all.
Old 9/9/16, 01:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Back in the day we had a few officers that had race cars. We had grudge match races every weekend. Usually those guys were right in the middle of it. Had to shut it down when the idiots started bringing trailer cars there.
Always someone that's gotta draw attention to that kind of thing and when they do they ruin it for everyone. Things like this work only when they're unofficial, under the table, kept quiet and small. You start ****ing around and trailering in cars for that kind of thing, the wrong people are going to learn about it fast. I hate it when dumb ****s ruin things for everyone else because they can't stand for someone else to be a little better or faster than them.
Old 9/9/16, 07:59 AM

Always someone that's gotta draw attention to that kind of thing and when they do they ruin it for everyone. Things like this work only when they're unofficial, under the table, kept quiet and small. You start ****ing around and trailering in cars for that kind of thing, the wrong people are going to learn about it fast. I hate it when dumb ****s ruin things for everyone else because they can't stand for someone else to be a little better or faster than them.
If you've kept up with Street Outlaws last season, we also have "the pad" where all last season took place. It's a real place and it's fully prepped like a dang drag strip. People have been racing here forever. Cops really do know about it but it's gonna take a lot more officers to shut it down. Think it's probably the safest road around to race on so maybe this is why it's still going on. It's nothing to have 200 cars and trucks all parked along the road for this every weekend.
Old 9/9/16, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Very funny. Now shut the **** up.

Old 9/9/16, 12:24 PM

This just showed up,soon as my sons friends truck is out of the shop I'll get this installed.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?