Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/16, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Oh no worries at all. I was agreeing with you. The 6 ribs are puny and look as such. When I see my buddies/others cars with their whipple and a nice thick belt, I get envious. Reading that back, that could be taken out of context a whole different # of ways.
Yeah, I'm leaving that one alone....
Old 8/3/16, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Just got the driver airbag inflator recall done on the Shelby.
Took less than an hour, including the tech putting the car up in the air for the required multi-point inspection, hoping they'd find stuff to upsell me.
They found nothing.
Recall itself took about 10 minutes once the tech actually started it.

On the way there:

Old 8/3/16, 11:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Just got the driver airbag inflator recall done on the Shelby.
Took less than an hour, including the tech putting the car up in the air for the required multi-point inspection, hoping they'd find stuff to upsell me.
They found nothing.
Recall itself took about 10 minutes once the tech actually started it.

On the way there:

nice legs Gabe! lol. I couldn't hear the whine of the blower over the noise that your outfit made... hahahahahaa

kidding man.

Sounds good. Glad you had fun. Thanks for reminding me to get my recall done.
Old 8/3/16, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

nice legs Gabe! lol. I couldn't hear the whine of the blower over the noise that your outfit made... hahahahahaa

kidding man.

Sounds good. Glad you had fun. Thanks for reminding me to get my recall done.
Around the 37-second mark I wind it out, hit redline spinning 1st, then grab second and third ending up about 80mph ... it's so freaking easy to romp on that thing ...

Last edited by Gabe; 8/3/16 at 02:13 PM.
Old 8/3/16, 04:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,227 Posts
Around the 37-second mark I wind it out, hit redline spinning 1st, then grab second and third ending up about 80mph ... it's so freaking easy to romp on that thing ...
That is awesome bro! Love it it. Sounded like Jiffy Pop in my microwave,....only a lot meaner! lol
That's the TVS power for ya too! Tell Lisa that car is bad ***!
Old 8/4/16, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That is awesome bro! Love it it. Sounded like Jiffy Pop in my microwave,....only a lot meaner! lol
That's the TVS power for ya too! Tell Lisa that car is bad ***!
Lol, thanks Tony.

Today I started doing some work on my car, didn't finish since the rockauto shipment didn't arrive today as scheduled

But I got the new blower belt on, the new 170-degree Reische thermostat is in, the new hydro-dipped engine coolant tank is in, and I've removed the alternator belt and tensioner, they'll be replaced tomorrow if the new ones ever freakin' get here.

So, half way there:

Name:  20160804_tanks3.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  275.4 KB

Both tanks as I was picking them up from the hydro-dipper:

Name:  20160804_tanks2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  212.7 KB
Old 8/4/16, 07:42 PM
I Have No Life

Looking good Gabe! Sounds like you were having too much fun with the lady's ride! Lol
Old 8/4/16, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looking good Gabe! Sounds like you were having too much fun with the lady's ride! Lol
Lol ... when I got back home after having her recall done, she comes out to meet me in the driveway, she laughingly asks "how many times did you spin my tires?" ... "only once" was my honest response, lol ...
Old 8/5/16, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Lol ... when I got back home after having her recall done, she comes out to meet me in the driveway, she laughingly asks "how many times did you spin my tires?" ... "only once" was my honest response, lol ...
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
I love it.
Old 8/5/16, 06:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Took the green machine for a nice cruise after supper since it was really nice out. What a blast! Car runs and sounds amazing.
I may detail her tomorrow after beating my body up at the gym since we're getting some needed rain here. Sunday looks awesome, but I'm devoting "my free time" to washing the Ram Sport. She needs it badly.
Old 8/5/16, 06:13 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Been driving the ever loving snot out of my Mustang. If the road is dry the top goes down and the smiles go up. I start the Fusion once a week just to keep it fresh in case I need to use it. It gets no love.

Today was prep day for a show on Sunday. On Tuesday it joins me for an almost 3hr drive to the South Jersey Shore outside of Cape May. I'm visiting some friends for three days at their vacation rental near the beach and it'll be the first time the Mustang won't be garaged. But I've been itchin' for a long topless excursion down the parkway ever since I got it, and the days I picked look to be the best weather of the week. I'll deal with the ocean salt spray and dust when I get back. It'll be worth the effort.
Old 8/5/16, 09:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Installed the new belt tensioner that finally arrived today (rockauto order, went for the cheap DHL-involved shipping which turned out to be a cluster****, DHL delivering it to the local Post Office which then took 2 days to bring it to me).
Went to install the new main serpentine belt, it was over a foot too short.
What sucks is that I ordered the "main belt" as they listed, same part number that Tasca's site was also showing as being the main belt.
I didn't order the accessory belt, which I would think to be the belt that only runs the A/C compressor.
I'm now returning that belt and buying a Gates belt from the local O'Reilly in the morning, so I can finally finish putting the car back together

New belt inside the old belt:

Name:  20160805_belt2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  311.3 KB

Called the local Ford dealership, turns out the belt I need is a BR3Z-8620-D, not this BL3Z-8620-D, and that BR3Z part number came up after I told the part person the engineering part number that was on the old belt, BR3E-8620-KA
Tasca's screen, showing the belt I needed as being the part I ordered, which is stupid short:

Name:  20160805_tasca-screen.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 8/5/16, 10:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Installed the new belt tensioner that finally arrived today (rockauto order, went for the cheap DHL-involved shipping which turned out to be a cluster****, DHL delivering it to the local Post Office which then took 2 days to bring it to me).
What sucks is that I ordered the "main belt" as they listed, same part number that Tasca's site was also showing as being the main belt.
I didn't order the accessory belt, which I would think to be the belt that only runs the A/C compressor.
I'm now returning that belt and buying a Gates belt from the local O'Reilly in the morning, so I can finally finish putting the car back together

New belt inside the old belt:

Called the local Ford dealership, turns out the belt I need is a BR3Z-8620-D, not this BL3Z-8620-D, and that BR3Z part number came up after I told the part person the engineering part number that was on the old belt, BR3E-8620-KA
Tasca's screen, showing the belt I needed as being the part I ordered, which is stupid short:
LOL, yeah, that belt might not be tight enough to prevent slippage. I probably wouldn't order a belt online, I'd have to go and see it in person, compare it to the one I had. That's just me though.
Old 8/6/16, 06:58 AM
I Have No Life

Crappy pic time! From my iPhone before yesterday's date night for sushi, and a movie of suicide squad with wifey. No kids!!!

Marilyn had a coat of CG butter wet wax. First time I tried. Awesome stuff.

Kona blue when swirl free and lusciously wet? Game over.

Also include the sushi pics (of course!!!)
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo182.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo494.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo984.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo861.jpg  
Old 8/6/16, 07:03 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Been driving the ever loving snot out of my Mustang. If the road is dry the top goes down and the smiles go up. I start the Fusion once a week just to keep it fresh in case I need to use it. It gets no love.
Today was prep day for a show on Sunday. On Tuesday it joins me for an almost 3hr drive to the South Jersey Shore outside of Cape May. I'm visiting some friends for three days at their vacation rental near the beach and it'll be the first time the Mustang won't be garaged. But I've been itchin' for a long topless excursion down the parkway ever since I got it, and the days I picked look to be the best weather of the week. I'll deal with the ocean salt spray and dust when I get back. It'll be worth the effort.
Dynamite Tom!! I'm glad you're enjoying the beast! Have fun and be safe.
Hope you get her all back together soon Gabe.

Crappy pic time! From my iPhone before yesterday's date night for sushi, and a movie of suicide squad with wifey. No kids!!!
Marilyn had a coat of CG butter wet wax. First time I tried. Awesome stuff.
Kona blue when swirl free and lusciously wet? Game over.
Looks stupid clean and shiny Burton! That metallic flake though,.............
Old 8/6/16, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Tony.
Just got back in from working on her, got her all buttoned up this morning, new Gates belts, new Gates idler pulley to replace the Thump Racing pulley, topped off coolant systems, and ran her for probably about a half hour.
No leaks, and according to my Aeroforce gauge the coolant temp was staying right about 185-186 degrees, and that's without altering the fan settings, which I have yet to do.
Happy so far.
Still need to flush the brake fluid, and see if i can flush the clutch fluid somehow.

Pictures and video coming up!
Old 8/6/16, 09:28 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks Tony.
Just got back in from working on her, got her all buttoned up this morning, new Gates belts, new Gates idler pulley to replace the Thump Racing pulley, topped off coolant systems, and ran her for probably about a half hour.
No leaks, and according to my Aeroforce gauge the coolant temp was staying right about 185-186 degrees, and that's without altering the fan settings, which I have yet to do.
Happy so far.
Still need to flush the brake fluid, and see if i can flush the clutch fluid somehow.
Pictures and video coming up!
Very nice sir!
Old 8/6/16, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

New hydro-dipped tanks installed, video of it running again this morning:

And a couple of pics:

Name:  20160806_eng1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  264.1 KB

Name:  20160806_eng4.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  301.0 KB

Last edited by Gabe; 8/6/16 at 11:25 AM.
Old 8/6/16, 05:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Dynamite Tom!! I'm glad you're enjoying the beast! Have fun and be safe.

Hope you get her all back together soon Gabe.

Looks stupid clean and shiny Burton! That metallic flake though,.............
Thanks Tony!

I went out today with my Nikon this time, and took a few more. That's what I did today!!!

Enjoy.

Old 8/6/16, 05:32 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Went to a car show today.
What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo2.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?