Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

The TMS Dog Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/13, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I know they're just animals, but it's tough to read stuff like that. You treat a dog with love, discipline and respect and they absolutely will give their life for you and will remain loyal to their dying day.
Old 7/2/13, 04:37 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I buy him tons of toys but his fave is this
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-image-1106969320.jpg  
Old 7/2/13, 04:38 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Originally Posted by StangMahn
poor guy!

What an incredible thing to happen though. As if you needed anymore, just another reason to love dogs.
Originally Posted by houtex
Man, that's awesome and tragic all in the same space. RIP Chief, you did good.
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I know they're just animals, but it's tough to read stuff like that. You treat a dog with love, discipline and respect and they absolutely will give their life for you and will remain loyal to their dying day.
I agree with all y'all
Old 7/3/13, 10:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
here's my 11 mo. old rolling over and sayin "kizzz me"

Both boys tonite after the heatwave.
Old 7/4/13, 06:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 7/4/13, 09:52 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
here's my 11 mo. old rolling over and sayin "kizzz me"

Both boys tonite after the heatwave.
How can you not kiss that face

They look like my boys lol
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-image-3296642004.jpg  
Old 7/4/13, 11:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Have you all seen that video going around on fb - the police - rott shooting? So stupid. And hurtful to watch. Dumb idiots all around - the guy videoing and the police too.
Old 7/4/13, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My puppy...

Name:  Athena1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  301.4 KB
Old 7/4/13, 01:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Have you all seen that video going around on fb - the police - rott shooting? So stupid. And hurtful to watch. Dumb idiots all around - the guy videoing and the police too.
Horrible. Police state.

It is not illegal to video public officials. The article read that he was compliant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-justice.html

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/4/13 at 01:44 PM.
Old 7/4/13, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Horrible. Police state.

It is not illegal to video public officials. The article read that he was compliant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-justice.html

You're right, but it was unnecessary. I don't get the point of maliciously agitating the police, even if you ARE within your rights. Nothing good ever comes of it.

And look at his lovely laundry list - albeit some of them may have been harassment. Just pointing out that it's obvious this guy has a problem with doing what he's told and following the rules. Either way, the shooting was completely uncalled for and ridiculous. The dog did not appear aggressive AT ALL. The one officer looked like he was going for his leash and the dog backed away, he didn't lunge forward. Again, idiots. All around.

Last edited by laserred38; 7/4/13 at 03:19 PM.
Old 7/4/13, 03:47 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
You're right, but it was unnecessary. I don't get the point of maliciously agitating the police, even if you ARE within your rights. Nothing good ever comes of it.

And look at his lovely laundry list - albeit some of them may have been harassment. Just pointing out that it's obvious this guy has a problem with doing what he's told and following the rules. Either way, the shooting was completely uncalled for and ridiculous. The dog did not appear aggressive AT ALL. The one officer looked like he was going for his leash and the dog backed away, he didn't lunge forward. Again, idiots. All around.
I understand this guy had prior's, and has a pending case against police. Perhaps that's why he was compliant. But regardless of priors, police should have dealt with him in his current state - where he went to turn down his music and complied when they took him into custody (without cause apparently).

I respect your position. And I respect police that serve the public and use reasonable and necessary force to calm a situation. I'm sure you will be that type of officer.

But sadly, in incident after incident across numerous cities, too many police treat the public as their own personal shooting gallery, emptying magazine after magazine by every officer on scene, using outrageously unreasonable and unnecessary force. It is like they are being taught "dead men leave no witnesses".

And although that faction remains in the minority, it is now a large enough contingent - from police to Napalitano's Homeland Security and their amassing of hollow point ammo, riot gear, checkpoints, etc.; - that it truly has become "us against them", citizens vs uncontrolled, unConstitutional use of force by those abusing their authority and the public's trust.

Police video us for their protection. It unfortunately has come to the point that it is time for us to video them for our protection. Because we all know that in many instances, police will do whatever is necessary to protect their 'brothers'. A video is the only tool citizens have to insure an accurate witness for our day in court. Assuming we citizens live to get to court.

IMO Sorry for the off topic. But it is the day US Citizens celebrate Independence from a tyrannical government.
Old 7/4/13, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was sad!! Poor Rottie!!
Old 7/4/13, 04:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nya and Curtis in the pool.

Nya has been afraid to go in, but now that she's finally tried it, she keeps jumping in on her own!

Old 7/4/13, 06:34 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Originally Posted by denlem
Nya and Curtis in the pool.

Nya has been afraid to go in, but now that she's finally tried it, she keeps jumping in on her own!
That's awesome!
Old 7/4/13, 06:36 PM
Post *****

Old 7/4/13, 07:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

I understand this guy had prior's, and has a pending case against police. Perhaps that's why he was compliant. But regardless of priors, police should have dealt with him in his current state - where he went to turn down his music and complied when they took him into custody (without cause apparently).

I respect your position. And I respect police that serve the public and use reasonable and necessary force to calm a situation. I'm sure you will be that type of officer.

But sadly, in incident after incident across numerous cities, too many police treat the public as their own personal shooting gallery, emptying magazine after magazine by every officer on scene, using outrageously unreasonable and unnecessary force. It is like they are being taught "dead men leave no witnesses".

And although that faction remains in the minority, it is now a large enough contingent - from police to Napalitano's Homeland Security and their amassing of hollow point ammo, riot gear, checkpoints, etc.; - that it truly has become "us against them", citizens vs uncontrolled, unConstitutional use of force by those abusing their authority and the public's trust.

Police video us for their protection. It unfortunately has come to the point that it is time for us to video them for our protection. Because we all know that in many instances, police will do whatever is necessary to protect their 'brothers'. A video is the only tool citizens have to insure an accurate witness for our day in court. Assuming we citizens live to get to court.

IMO Sorry for the off topic. But it is the day US Citizens celebrate Independence from a tyrannical government.
I agree. I think we're thinking the same thing, I'm just thinking that opinion from the police side, and you're thinking it from the victim's side. Either way, it wasn't handled well, at all. My point was that it was unnecessary for the guy to even be there, especially (like you mentioned) with a pending case against them. He wasn't a part of the investigation that was taking placed - no reason for him to be filming, hoping to catch them mess up so he can sell his footage to the news.
Old 7/5/13, 01:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I was in the driveway working on my cars until it got dark, and as I'm putting tools away, I hear the pitter-patter of paws walking up to the front of the car, with fireworks going off I'm the distance. I stop and look up into the darkness and see the silhouette of a pit bull, ears and tails up as if she's very curious why I'm not cowering in fear from the loud booms going off every few minutes.

At first my heart skipped a little, as I was quite taken aback by a pit walking right up to me in the dark, but then as I stuck my hand out, she licked it and jumped in the back seat of my GT! I'm like uhhhhh?? She was probably about 6-8 months. So sweet, and she wouldn't leave my side after I continued putting tools away. I wanted to keep her so bad. Animal control wasn't even working tonight either, so an officer came by to pick her up and keep her at the station until they can bring her to the shelter in the morning. After I got her out of my car, she followed my gf around and jumped in the back of her car, and then wouldn't leave for anything, until the officer got there.
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-image-3736568778.jpg   The TMS Dog Thread!-image-3389964985.jpg  
Old 7/5/13, 01:56 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I had one tonight too that I think was scared by the fireworks going off. A redbone coonhound (one of my favorite dogs) came through the yard, sniffing around where all the rabbits usually eat in the field. She (I assume) had on a pink collar and a pink leash dragging behind her. She was way off in the lower part of the yard. I tried to call her, but she was skittish and ran off into the woods. I hope she is alright and made it home to her people. I love those dogs so much. I wish she would have come up to the house so I could take her home.
Old 7/5/13, 02:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Love those dogs so much. (Yes, Where the Red Fern Grows was one of the first books that I fell in love with as a little boy, and sparked my love of reading and literature, that may have something to do with it).

Every time I see one all I can think of is Old Dan and Little Ann.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/5/13 at 02:33 AM.
Old 7/5/13, 08:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Awww poor puppy I swear I have more compassion for animals than I do for people...

Quick Reply: The TMS Dog Thread!