1974-1978 Mustang II Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

*Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/08, 10:22 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yeah, I think he said that they'd have a pro take pictures later, send 'em in!
There's nothing wrong with being an attention **** sometimes.
Old 2/22/08, 11:57 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Or all the time

Old 2/22/08, 01:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
here's an idea....put some white vinyl stripes on the bullitt...??just see how they look....I think it would be worth a shot...kinda pricey just for the hell of it though.. http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...products_id=43

Notice this!! Attention *****!!

**PICTURE is actually the 9 inch kit with pinstripes - we do not presently have the correct photo because YOU have not sent it yet.... be the first to submit a photo and your car will be featured here.
Old 2/22/08, 06:53 PM
Post *****

The real Bullitt is staying as understated as possible :P
Old 3/3/08, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arin, I think that your II in Bullitt guise would be one of a kind and in my opinion, much more fetching than going with stripes.

I wonder if B-Man could do a chop to see what it would look like?
Old 3/10/08, 08:20 PM
Post *****

An update. We went to the dmv today to change it to antique registration so that I wouldn't have to smog it anymore. I'll only be allowed to drive it to shows and parades and such, but thats not a big issue. It's not a DD, and everywhere I go is a parade of sorts already, so I'm good

I'm waiting on new plates from Sacramento and on acceptance of my statement to ensure I don't have to make it take the smog test. Right now I can drive it with no plates since they have me the 6 month exemption thingy.
Old 3/10/08, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Sweet!!!
Old 3/11/08, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I did a hobbyist plate here in Wisconsin and what is nice is we can drive any time except January. And hobbyist is for not completley original. I dont know what the exact rules are but I think the police have more to do then to worry about the handful of people who drive modified cars, especially if you are sensible about it and do the doughnuts and squealing in less populated areas at the time lol.
Old 3/11/08, 06:52 PM
Post *****

I really don't think the local law enforcement will notice or have a problem with me taking out the II for a spin every now and then, I'll just always carry a camera and say I'm going to have a photoshoot with the car for something or other.

I've never heard of that hobbyist plate before, interesting..
Old 3/12/08, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

It is Wisconsin's modified car plate , otherwise we have collector plate for original restroed cars. The Plates cost 3 times the reg plate cost for the first one and then each one after is 2 times but never expire but you can not drive in the month of Jan unless you buy a permit, In Wisconsin the land of snow and ice no one would want to drive then.
Old 3/12/08, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Grell
It is Wisconsin's modified car plate , otherwise we have collector plate for original restroed cars. The Plates cost 3 times the reg plate cost for the first one and then each one after is 2 times but never expire but you can not drive in the month of Jan unless you buy a permit, In Wisconsin the land of snow and ice no one would want to drive then.
Amen brother!! I got the collector plate because personal plates are expensive and like you said, they never expire so we figured in the long run it was worth it.
Atleast some of the snow is melting but there's gonna be major flooding.
Can't wait to see your ride on the road!!
Old 3/12/08, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by future9er24
I really don't think the local law enforcement will notice or have a problem with me taking out the II for a spin every now and then, I'll just always carry a camera and say I'm going to have a photoshoot with the car for something or other.

I've never heard of that hobbyist plate before, interesting..
We have plates for EVERYTHING
Old 3/12/08, 10:10 PM
NTTAWWT

those hobbyist plates sound cool. I dont think SC has anything like that, but I know NC has plates for Antique Autos, we should know, my uncle has about 8 of them, on 8 classic cars. Pretty cool when you can see your cars used in movies, just because of their age.
Old 3/13/08, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Minnesota Street Rod Association got together and made a street rod plate for Minnesota. It is amazing what some common sense does.
Old 3/13/08, 05:40 PM
NTTAWWT

Here in SC, if you can get like 15 people signed up for a specific plate, you can have it made. I think it's 15 anyway.
Old 3/13/08, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

wow that is cool.
Old 3/13/08, 09:10 PM
Post *****

Yeah, it really is
Old 3/23/08, 01:46 AM
Post *****

Very interesting day today...

So Peter (not the one here) and I went to the junkyard today to find a V8 fan. We didnt find a good one, but we did get a cooler `74 grill, which is deeper and has cooler bezels for the turn signals.

Afterwards, Brian and Cammy came over and we tried to do some electrical work. We started with fuses, which meant we had to find the fuse box. Its under the dash... on the drivers side way the hell in there, behind the pedal assembly for the accelerator. Very convenient All this time, Cammy and Peter refilled th front tires with air

I also remember that one two fuses had fallen out way back when. I went and found the console in the garage (took it out ages ago) and found em. Looking at the box there was only one space to put a fuse so we stuck it in. Its round and cylnderical, maybe an inch in diameter, with the prongs in an L pattern. Well, that got the radio to light up again. We then went to get fuses from the kragen and when i got back, it was getting dark.

I proceeded to move the II into the driveway so we could set up lamps and stuff.

Now HERES the fricking wierd part...

THE STEERING WAS JUST FINE. Last week I needed to call upon the strength of three bull elephants to make a right turn. today, I'm sitting still and brought the wheels to full lock with almost no effort. Its like a normal car... only we heard no noises from the power steering unit. I was confused as sin! still am. I refuse to look at it though, for fear that it might stop working. This car has a mind of her own. I touched nothing in the engine compartment!!!!

also, i found that if i jiggle my seatbelt before i try and take it out, it comes out. so my seatbelts work too. Factor in the steering and the radio, which i plugged my zune into since i have no antenna, this car feels like it did when i first drove it.

We did some late night cruising too. filled her up with some 91 and then hauled *** out of the station. there was a few small powerslides on abandoned roads and we romped on it on 280. no idea how fast we were though, the interior lights and speedometer still dont work lol. The car still overheats a bit after a hard drive like we gave it, so at the first stoplight after, which was on an incline, she died. happed one or two more times, but since its an old car, i can just start it in drive

I am so ludicrously happy right now. Fiona feels so alive. I think shes just glad we were giving her so much attention. Thre car guys and a beautiful young woman showing her some love really brought her back to life

edit: forgot to add... once Fiona was feeling better again, Cammy noticed a couple lights on her car were out. I think, in addition to absorbing love, my car stole some of Lola's (the VW bug vert) life energy. When this theory donned on me I kissed my car

Last edited by future9er24; 3/23/08 at 01:49 AM.
Old 3/23/08, 02:01 AM

And my car is the Mustang that defies all science? Weird... Good, no, GREAT, but still weird...
Old 3/23/08, 02:12 AM
Post *****

lol its so awesome dude. And driving her around, blasting rob zombie with the windows down hauling *** every which way at like midnight in the only II in redwood city is god **** freaking insane

Quick Reply: *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup