Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/15, 07:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Some simple driveway pics. Detailed her in preparation for a 2 hour cruise to a car show tomorrow. My first big one this year. I haven't gone to this location all year. I'm just looking forward to some time alone with Marilyn…

I love my new garage "decal"… lol. Then coated her with Dodo Supernatural, which was on top of Blacklight and V7. Tried to squeeze all that in before the sun set, and before we went to the local high school football game.

And my favorite shot of the night was simple hood shot… gotta love the wet look of perfectly polished paint under a glaze, sealant, and carnauba.

Old 9/12/15, 08:07 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Beautiful car Burton.
Have fun bro!
Old 9/12/15, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good heavens, those wheels are to die for. So is the rest of the car, but I like the wheels especially.

I have the Niche Veronas on my shopping list but may go for yours instead, which are the Milans if memory serves. Did you agonize any about the color? Your wheels appear to come in "black" or silver only, though yours look lighter, like anthracite almost.

Anyway, I think they would look good on my red car. Enjoy the day!

Last edited by robjh22; 9/12/15 at 11:39 AM.
Old 9/12/15, 11:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for moi, I installed the Steeda Tri-X short throw shifter today and am very happy. Firestone was going to charge me $60 though it took two hours to install, so I paid them $100.

It is a much heavier and more substantial mechanism than the original, and it makes quite a noise if you slam it hard from first to second, but slamming it isn't necessary and in any even it feels much modem precise than the original. Shifting it gently is absolutely quiet.
Old 9/13/15, 07:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Took the kids to our local diner for hot dogs

The photo was taken by my 10 year old daughter. Not too shabby!

Name:  AE55%20Nelsons%20Diner%203_zpseauvizpn.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  183.9 KB
Old 9/13/15, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Not too shabby at all. That's a nice pic.
Old 9/13/15, 09:20 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Beautiful car Burton.
Have fun bro!
Originally Posted by robjh22
Good heavens, those wheels are to die for. So is the rest of the car, but I like the wheels especially.

I have the Niche Veronas on my shopping list but may go for yours instead, which are the Milans if memory serves. Did you agonize any about the color? Your wheels appear to come in "black" or silver only, though yours look lighter, like anthracite almost.

Anyway, I think they would look good on my red car. Enjoy the day!
Thanks folks! The wheels are a dark clear coat. I didn't really agonize over the color because I knew what I wanted from the get go.
Old 9/13/15, 11:09 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Great photo!
Old 9/13/15, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
No pic... but today, I went to work for a couple of server outages. Love that. Power goes out, long enough, weird enough, that these two *key* servers (DNS and Accounting System) won't come back up.

o.0

Stupid servers. Hit the power button, and all done. Took longer to get there than to fix it. Dunno how to fix that, when the batteries run out, they run out. *grumbling ensues*

---

So after that, I'm walking back out of the place, and I'm approaching Awesome...

Now, it's a beautiful day today here in the H-Town area. Clear blue skies, great temperature, a little breeze...

And as ticked off as I am at the stupid servers... seeing Awesome as I'm walking to her installs yet another of the many many giant grins that I get when I see that car.

So anyway, what I did today so far is yet again enjoy the fact that I have this car, and drove her about with the windows down for the first time in a looong time, which is one of my favorite things to do. Even if it is to-from work.

I am *so* ate up with that car.
Old 9/13/15, 12:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by houtex
No pic... but today, I went to work for a couple of server outages. Love that. Power goes out, long enough, weird enough, that these two *key* servers (DNS and Accounting System) won't come back up.
o.0
Stupid servers. Hit the power button, and all done. Took longer to get there than to fix it. Dunno how to fix that, when the batteries run out, they run out. *grumbling ensues*
LOL
I feel your pain. About a month ago we had a power outage at work that lasted 3 hours or so. All the battery backups on the presses and a couple on the servers were dead. Only good for an hour or so.
Good luck!
Old 9/13/15, 01:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lowblustang00
Not too shabby at all. That's a nice pic.
Great photo!
Thanks gents
Old 9/13/15, 01:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I washed, clay bared, and waxed my car today. It's my cars birthday month, so it had to be done.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo733.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo144.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo288.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. V; 9/13/15 at 02:05 PM.
Old 9/13/15, 04:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I washed, clay bared, and waxed my car today. It's my cars birthday month, so it had to be done.
Looks killer!
Good job.
Old 9/13/15, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks killer!
Good job.
Thank you!
Old 9/13/15, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I went for a nice long drive with some of my Honda S2000 club friends. The blue S2000 between the white one and my Mustang is the one I sold when I bought my Stang. The drive leader knew a great road where we could get in some spirited driving. My Mustang had no trouble hanging right with the S2000s. It got warm enough on the way home that the windows went down too.

Old 9/13/15, 08:06 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Took it to the track, finally. After blowing up twice was a little concerned about taking it WOT but we have been working on the tuning and figuring out what is causing the overboosting. Didn't get it to the track before because it blew up during tuning before I could get it there.

Not as quick as I wanted, yet. But as my friend John said "at least the car was able to drive home!"

The staff never said anything about my times and lack of a roll bar even though all 4 were quicker than 13.49 (rules require convertibles to have a 5 point once they are quicker than 13.49, unlike coupes that go a lot quicker). Best I could get was 12.5 today. The tune needs some tweaks, the shifts weren't nice and crisp and the 2-3 shift was "lazy" almost like it was hunting. I data logged each pass though and sent it and the time slips off to MPT along with my thoughts.

Name:  9-13-2015%20Lapeer_zpsyikycyck.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  96.9 KB

They run brackets on Sunday and test and tune is before they brackets start and then in between heats. But they ran brackets twice before letting us get back out again so I decided that 4 passes was sufficient for data logging.

I also was running with a full tank of gas, and couldn't get my front skinnies on the car. The passenger side gave me issues. One of the lug nuts was jammed in the wheel and would not thread or go far enough on even. So I need to pull it out of the wheel and figure out what is going on with that one. Had to run the stock front wheels and tires.

And on the stock converter I can't get enough RPM to build boost on the line. It comes on rather quickly at launch though with almost 5 lbs in the 60'. It spiked up to 8 lbs once, but usually was around 6 or 7 (still double the spring rate, but where I wanted the car to be).
Old 9/14/15, 08:32 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Rich, I love the simplicity of our 12's. Nice and clean and aggressive lines. Love your car. Nice job on the detail.

Originally Posted by tukatz
I went for a nice long drive with some of my Honda S2000 club friends. The blue S2000 between the white one and my Mustang is the one I sold when I bought my Stang. The drive leader knew a great road where we could get in some spirited driving. My Mustang had no trouble hanging right with the S2000s. It got warm enough on the way home that the windows went down too.

Tom... ah, now you're making me really want an S2K. Thanks for your posts on my other thread. I wish you kept your S2K and still got your stang
Old 9/14/15, 08:41 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by tukatz
That's a great photo.
Those little S2000's seem pretty cool.
Old 9/14/15, 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
The S2000s are VERY cool and I still get to go out and play with them and see the one I owned. Shortly after that shot I was chasing my old car through the twisties. I'm still a member of S2KCA and last year I planned the group drives for our annual gathering and led some in my Mustang. That works for me.
Old 9/14/15, 12:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I was planning on taking it out on my day off today, but the weather here isn't that great. More clouds than sun. So, no go. The rest of the week looks good, but there may be overtime at work and my workouts may cause an issue taking it out. We'll see.
But,..........I did write out a check for another 3 month payoff this morning. Next payment is due in December of 2018.
I decided over the weekend that am paying the total balance in full next month. I "should" have the title in my hands by mid-November.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?