Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/08, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Thanks David!
And, yeah Arin, that avatar is !?
Old 9/6/08, 10:06 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Congrats to your gf Eduardo! Now, if I could only be so lucky. I had an interview yesterday, but it's a 30 mile commute each way..........not sure it would be worth it.
Old 9/6/08, 10:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
OK crew I'm convinced. Car stays as is except for springs which I'm about to do, and the **** Shelby parts (brake duct kit, PIAA lights in lower grille) if they ever get made. I guess I'm on a waiting list somewhere. Saleen Stage 2 rom Brenspeed. I'll call them on Monday. I think that'll go great with the Kooks headers. I got 2 compliments on my car yesterday and 3 more this morning making a donut run. Mmmmm...donuts!!!!

I can always add the Boost-a-pump, or GT500 fuel pump, and HTO sparks plugs, aluminum driveshaft...etc. Then I think I'll replace my head unit and put this JVC unit in my DD truck and get something with a little better ipod interface and bluetooth interface.

Tom, if your out there I've got one question on motor mounts. IIRC you cut your prothanes down. How much did you cut off? I only want to do it once you know.
Old 9/6/08, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Don't give up Jill, you'll get one eventually that will be worth it.
And my gf says to you that keep going forward without looking back. If it's your destiny and God's will for you to work there, you'll know, if not, go somewhere else and try again. She'll earn a lo less $ now, but at least it's better than nothing. We both wish good Luck to you!
Old 9/6/08, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Tom, if your out there I've got one question on motor mounts. IIRC you cut your prothanes down. How much did you cut off? I only want to do it once you know.
About 3/8" of an inch...... You can cut them yourself, or buy them cut from JDM. www.teamjdm.com or if you ask Brenspeed about them, they can probably hook you up with some I would think.
Old 9/6/08, 10:31 AM
Post *****

Thanks Tom. I think I'll go with the JDM and sell these on TMS. They've got about 2000 miles on them. That way no down time while I'd be cutting these down or having them cut at a machine shop.

So um Tom, any dicsount codes for Brenspeed? Can you hook a brother up?

Just kidding. I know you get no special treatment.
Old 9/6/08, 01:40 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The avatar was NOT my doing

And jesus Scott, I had a new C/T yesterday, and ANOTHER new one today?!?!?!?!
Old 9/6/08, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
The avatar was NOT my doing

And jesus Scott, I had a new C/T yesterday, and ANOTHER new one today?!?!?!?!

Boy you get all the special treatment...... next up is a visit from RuPaul probably.
Old 9/6/08, 05:43 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
wth does that even say?
gary, make sure that you have the fuel pumps going before getting the blower on there
Old 9/6/08, 06:37 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Have a good birthday sunday. I'm heading north to lake superior for some cold wet weather camping.
HB Blue Notch.
Tell the smiley when to stop.
Thanks! Have fun.
Old 9/6/08, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by edumspeed
Yesterday I took my gf to an interview. She was so nervous that she couldn't sleep well watching the clock all night. There were at least three other applicants before her. She waited like an hour till it was her turn. Her interview lasted about 40 min! And, guess what, She got the job!!
Awesome!!
Old 9/6/08, 06:44 PM

The springs are still not it. Everything was going really smoothly until it came time to remove the strut. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get the DANG nut loose. So my dad and I went to the store and bought some air tools. An early birthday present!! When I got home, I had to leave for church soon, and it was about to rain, so I put it all back together, and backed it in the garage in hopes that I'll be able to work on it in there. I'll try to get it all apart tonight, and I think try and put the springs in tomorrow and back together again. Then on monday, I need to take it in and get my brake lines fixed. (YIKES, that'll be interesting) I also am going to have a few other things fixed, and hopefully I can get it back soon so I can go for a test drive!
Old 9/6/08, 07:09 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Don't give up Jill, you'll get one eventually that will be worth it.
And my gf says to you that keep going forward without looking back. If it's your destiny and God's will for you to work there, you'll know, if not, go somewhere else and try again. She'll earn a lo less $ now, but at least it's better than nothing. We both wish good Luck to you!
Thanks to you both. I'm definitely not giving up. I'm just frustrated cuz I've never been in this position before. This is the first time I've ever been laid off. I've always left any job voluntarily. I'm just feeling a little down cuz I was supposed to be leaving for St. Thomas for a week vacation tomorrow. But no job = no vacation...too scared to spend the money if I don't know how long I'll be out of work.
Old 9/6/08, 07:41 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
So on that Camaro...

It's a Z28 with the LT1 5.7L engine

As long as it hasn't sold tonite, then I'm in the running when I go over tommorow
Old 9/6/08, 08:28 PM

Awesome! Hope you get.
Old 9/6/08, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Thanks to you both. I'm definitely not giving up. I'm just frustrated cuz I've never been in this position before. This is the first time I've ever been laid off. I've always left any job voluntarily. I'm just feeling a little down cuz I was supposed to be leaving for St. Thomas for a week vacation tomorrow. But no job = no vacation...too scared to spend the money if I don't know how long I'll be out of work.
That was my situation about five or six years ago. I had a job at a auto parts & accessories store. I liked it very much since I was fresh from the Technical School. But then things started to get bad and they lowered my weekly hours from 25 to 12! Then they promised me that since I was such a good and loyal employee, they would relocate me. Eventually the store closed And everytime I called to the main offices they always took my message and promised to call back. I was calling everyday for a week, and went there two times to check my progress, same thing. Then one day I checked the mail and found a green card that I had a letter on the Post Office. Since I was waiting for a letter for the title transfer for a car I had at he time, I went to pick it up. But to my surprise it was from my employers. I was fired by mail! I couldn't believe it. They didn't have the ***** to tell me directly. So, I can understand you pretty well.
It's sad to cancel your vacation plans, but you've got to be prepared for anything. Painful but wise decision to hold your plans for the moment.

Last edited by edumspeed; 9/6/08 at 08:50 PM.
Old 9/6/08, 08:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

future9er24
सनसनीखेज़ सिनेमा < another one?

Arin
2001 DHG Bullitt, 1976 Cobra II
Redwood City, CA
Old 9/6/08, 08:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Awesome!!
Thanks Nathan
Old 9/6/08, 10:12 PM
Post *****

My springs are done. Wow it definitely dropped more with those FRPP springs. I was letting the jack down wondering if the car was ever going to stop droppping. I couldn't get the jack out from under the car, had to raise it up and put wood blocks under the tires to get jack out. Anyway it drives great. I can feel the drop and the springs ride less bouncy if that's even possible. But not too rough. I never scraped the front chin on the 20 minute drive I took, but pulling back into the garage a piece of the exhaust pipe hit a high point on the concrete going into my garage. I backed up and sure enough it did it again. Maybe a clamp turned down, or worse?

Decided not to use caliper paint. I took a long look at the car. It's strictly black and satin aluminum. I don't want to introduce another color. And I think it might actually be better than even black right now. Pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/6/08 at 10:22 PM.
Old 9/6/08, 10:19 PM

Awesome, you got them in! Impatiently awaiting pics!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast