Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/08, 10:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Good for ya Arin!
And congrats on 14k posts
Old 12/12/08, 10:17 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

i celebrated her return with torque
Old 12/12/08, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Old 12/12/08, 10:19 PM
Post *****

Old 12/12/08, 10:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Well, I'll catch some Z's see ya.
Old 12/12/08, 11:00 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Congrats Arin!!!

Old 12/12/08, 11:03 PM
Post *****

lata eduardo

thanks gary!
Old 12/12/08, 11:03 PM
Post *****

Wow 14k
Old 12/12/08, 11:05 PM
Post *****

lol at your PPDyou should be here in no time hahaha

sigh. (of relief)

im really glad cammy is back from london. it is so releiving that shes home. i put up with all the work of this week and all the BS at school by reminding myself "she'll be back friday arin"

the look on her face when i was unexpectedly at the airport was worth it
Old 12/12/08, 11:15 PM
Post *****

Why is cammy not YOUR girlfriend Arin? The way you speak of her it sounds like you might, you know,
Old 12/12/08, 11:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
haha, dont pick on the guy, I know the feeling

congrats arin!

sheesh, I really dont know how people on some forums have like 40k posts, wtf?
Old 12/12/08, 11:26 PM
Post *****

edit: thanks david

that is a very long epic tale Gary lol

there was some of that a while back. more coming from me than from her, but we were best friends first, and i fell for her later. i swore to never make any sort of advance while she was still dating kevin, who's my oldest friend. when their relationship fell to pieces in HS, i decided to not be a douche and swoop in, but rather to actually help the two of them get through the problems that ensue with a long relationship falling apart.

after that, my feeling still never went away but i never had the guts to do anything about it. we've been bestfriends nonstop, and we're closer than most couples are to begin with, but it just never got to that level. she also took a very long time to get over the whole drama of kevin, which also came at around the time of a bunch of family issues she had. the ex-bf troubles were something i was able to udnerstand and sympathize with alot bec i went through a very similar ordeal right before she did. both cases involved another person getting in the way and some measure of infidelity. hell, at the time the girl trying to steal her bf from her asked me to HELP split them up so i could date her and she could date kevin. even if i disliked her bf and he wasnt my friend, i could not have lived with myself if i had gone through with it, after being cheated on in the past

i thought about it alot and it did not feel right to make any sort of romantic advances-- i felt like id be taking advantage of the situation. and on top of that i regard her friendship as more important to me than any romance ive ever had. that sabotaged my love life a lot of times but i'd do it all again if i had the choice

truth be told im not sure if im over her yet, but shes dating brian, who is also a close friend of mine and they're a pretty **** good match. i have too much respect for her and myself and brian to ever try to get in the way.

i know i know... "arin you'r'e such a wuss" and all that. ive gotten that plenty of times, but im happy with our friendship. i'm pretty content with taking whatever other feelings i might have and sucking it up and dealing with it. ive done it before, i'll do it again. and besides, having her as a best friend is pretty fantastic. we recently got in a pretty big fight while she was across the pond and it came pretty close to falling to pieces. that really made me realize just how great our friendship is, and i couldnt imagine letting anything get in the way of that again

theres alot more to it than that.. there were even some "almosts" along the way but i fear i may be boring you guys... sorry for the longwinded reply lol, but hey you asked

Last edited by future9er24; 12/12/08 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12/12/08, 11:29 PM
Post *****

I've never been friends with a woman or girl that at some point I didn't want to be more than firends with. Prior to marriage of course. Now who cares. But when I was single and younger the idea of sex and possible love always got in the way of the friendship. I've always been more attracted to the ones that were friends because we got along so well. IDK

MY wife started as a friend. I worked for over a year on bcoming more than friends.

It's just my opinion that girlfriends that were once friends can be the best kind.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 12/12/08 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12/12/08, 11:35 PM
Post *****

it started as a platonic friendship. honestly it did. and right around the time she and kevin started having problems, just a little before that, i started falling.

i was determined not to be a "homewrecka!" in the beginning. and after that fiasco with kevin blew over, i just wanted to make sure she was happy, and if she wasn't interested in me the way i was with her, that was perfectly fine with me. shes happier for it, and thats what counts

and i still have the best best friend around, so i cant complain. 'sides, i have a baaaaad habit of failing at relationships. maybe it makes me a coward, but the thought of repeating something like that with her is sickening
Old 12/12/08, 11:35 PM
Post *****

Completely cool and thanks for the response Arin. You don't want to be a douche bag and it sounds like you've done everything on the up and up so far. If its meant to be it will work out. If not that special someone will come around.

"To thine own self be true."

That's all I got man.
Old 12/12/08, 11:37 PM
NTTAWWT

There was a girl that I had a huge crush on in HS, wasnt going so well, until I stopped liking her so much, she finally realized that I didnt want to date her; and she realized that she missed the great opportunity that her friends, and even her mother (as I found out) had been telling her about. Then somehow we became best friends for a long time. But we're both so busy anymore it's really hard to talk to each other, I've tried calling her a few times but I dont think I've talked to her since August.

I hated HS and all it's stupid drama. That's one of the reasons that I avoid the main fraternity and sorority on campus, they've got more drama than NYC and Hollywood combined. I laugh when I hear the rediculous stuff from one of my best friends.
Old 12/12/08, 11:38 PM
NTTAWWT

I get into the whole, we're friends, I dont really wanna go out thing too. I kinda hate it, but my friends are too good to maybe have something bad happen.
Old 12/12/08, 11:39 PM
NTTAWWT

and I can see tom's reaction to this..."jeez, you guys are a buncha women!"
Old 12/12/08, 11:40 PM
Post *****

thanks for being so cool with the responses. alot of people know i had a thing for her, but not alot of people know or understand/beleive me when i explain how much the friendship mattered to me. EVERYONE thought initially i was TRYING to steal her from kevin and that i was only friends bec i wanted to get some.

and going back to your wife being a friend first, we've actually had a few discussions about that. the "what if" ten years down the line sort of thing. we're pretty open about stuff like that, so it doesn't phaze us in the least lol. beleive me, i do like the idea, but its not something i cling to with false hope. just a "hey that'd be nice"

lol. thanks again for listening and for understanding. its definitely been one of the hardest things to deal with in my life so far (not that my life is all that hard, comparitavely to most of the world im living quite the life) the best part is that everything ive said now, she knows. we've been 100% open about all this since it first started, and its really helped the both of us

alright, i wont bore you guys anymore haha

how about them niners!
Old 12/12/08, 11:43 PM
Post *****

David, the #1 thing about college now is the lack of drama in my life. its now just me and the people that matter.

life is goooood

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast