Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/13, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TWSS
Old 1/29/13, 11:53 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
they may as well just re-design the lot with angled parking. At the very least it would make maneuvering a vehicle into the spot since it appears everyone is entering from the same direction. Does everyone exit the lot to the "left"?
Just beyond the fire hydrant is the only entrance/exit to the lot. They just don't care how they park.
Originally Posted by svopaul

If they did that then these idiots still wouldn't park within the lines....you just have to understand the area to understand why they are stupid. There is plenty of room to park straight just like any other parking lot, it's the people....
You are right, you've seen this parking lot. There is plenty of room to park straight and I think they would still screw it up if the spaces were angled.
Old 1/29/13, 12:01 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts
So nice out today! Hard to believe we woke up to freezing rain and sleet yesterday morning. I think tomorrow is going to be even nicer

Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2067861968.jpg
Old 1/29/13, 12:03 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

So can you ....I've driven in my share of ice and snow....You just need to learn how to do it right

If you are going to make a habit of driving your Mustang in the snow and ice I would suggest a set of Bridgestone Blizzak tires....they are a great winter tire for that stuff. I had a set on my 7up car years ago and they worked great for my wife to commute in that mess.
On glare ice, it doesn't matter if you hit the brakes or not. You're going to keep going. If you're lucky the car may eventually lose momentum.

Make a habit? I've been driving my GT during the winter for five years. And I would love some snow tires but I just can afford them right now. I'm hoping I can get some before next winter or else get something with 4wd for the snow.
Old 1/29/13, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
So nice out today! Hard to believe we woke up to freezing rain and sleet yesterday morning. I think tomorrow is going to be even nicer

Why does MN have to suck so bad? We're looking at a high of 1 for Thursday.
Old 1/29/13, 12:07 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It's 75 here today and I'm loving it.
Old 1/29/13, 12:17 PM
Service Manager

Received 439 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
On glare ice, it doesn't matter if you hit the brakes or not. You're going to keep going. If you're lucky the car may eventually lose momentum.

Make a habit? I've been driving my GT during the winter for five years. And I would love some snow tires but I just can afford them right now. I'm hoping I can get some before next winter or else get something with 4wd for the snow.
Learn to drive ....it's not just about brakes and you can still use them, just knowing how helps greatly

I had a set that I used each year, put them away during warmer months. You could have had a set over the past 4 years if you put aside a dollar or two here and there

4wd isn't going to help you any in the ice...it will be just like the Mustang except you will have the thought in the back of your head that you are better off with a 4wd. I once passed a 4 Runner upside down in a ditch just past Sidling hill mountain...he looked puzzled as to why a 5.0 Mustang was just driving along with no problems...I hit the horn and waved as I went by...he wasn't amused

I also once was on ice on the B'more beltway...watched a car try to pass me, turn sideways and cause a huge pile up behind me....

probably didn't hurt that every chance I got once I got my license I was in the Naval Academy stadium parking lot throwing the car around in the snow
Old 1/29/13, 12:36 PM

Learn to drive ....it's not just about brakes and you can still use them, just knowing how helps greatly

I had a set that I used each year, put them away during warmer months. You could have had a set over the past 4 years if you put aside a dollar or two here and there

4wd isn't going to help you any in the ice...it will be just like the Mustang except you will have the thought in the back of your head that you are better off with a 4wd. I once passed a 4 Runner upside down in a ditch just past Sidling hill mountain...he looked puzzled as to why a 5.0 Mustang was just driving along with no problems...I hit the horn and waved as I went by...he wasn't amused

I also once was on ice on the B'more beltway...watched a car try to pass me, turn sideways and cause a huge pile up behind me....

probably didn't hurt that every chance I got once I got my license I was in the Naval Academy stadium parking lot throwing the car around in the snow
I know how to drive. And I know that 4wd still isn't perfect. I just want something that I can actually use when we get a foot of snow. My car is too low as it is for driving over the huge chunks of frozen crap in the road. Plus I'm sick of seeing it go to hell from driving it in the winter.
Old 1/29/13, 12:40 PM
Service Manager

Received 439 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I know how to drive. And I know that 4wd still isn't perfect. I just want something that I can actually use when we get a foot of snow. My car is too low as it is for driving over the huge chunks of frozen crap in the road. Plus I'm sick of seeing it go to hell from driving it in the winter.

Mine never went to hell....just clean it thoroughly. I put mine through more crap than it was ever designed to....I plowed a lot of snow with it... That's why the Fox is my favorite, that car held up to the abuse I gave it and never gave me a problem....
Old 1/29/13, 12:49 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Went to a tavern right down from the office for lunch. Great food btw. Taco Tuesday, had some killer fried crawfish tacos. The funniest thing however was the 3 catholic priest that walked in and sat down across from our table. Had one of them ordered a longneck I would have lost it. The Budweiser happy hour as in the middle of thier table was good tho.

Food ****:
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-497008775.jpg  
Old 1/29/13, 01:02 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Fried crawfish on a taco. Huh. Doesn't look bad at all.
Old 1/29/13, 01:03 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I was skeptical, but it was cheap and i haven't had it in awhile. whatever batter they used and the sauce on the tacos had a tad bit of zing to it as well. I could have eaten another 2 lol.
Old 1/29/13, 01:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow - this reads like a movie. First read it on Drudge but then Kudlow carried it last night too. This from today.
excerpts:
New details surface on Iran nuclear explosion

According WND’s source, a member of the security forces protecting Fordow, 36 North Korean technicians and military officers arrived in Tehran Jan. 15 and 17 and subsequently visited two Iranian nuclear sites under heavy security. One site, still unknown to the West with its vast installation of centrifuges, will be revealed soon by WND. At the other, the Fordow site, the North Koreans were to witness the start-up of six cascades of 174 new-generation, speedier centrifuges.

Hamidreza Zakeri, a former member of the regime’s Intelligence Ministry, said 17 technicians and two military supervisors are stationed at the secret site, and 14 technicians and two military officers were at Fordow.

The source said a log on closed-circuit cameras installed by the regime to monitor the site’s three centrifuge chambers and two highly enriched uranium reserves gave this account:
  • On Jan 21, 14 members of the North Korean team and two military officers now stationed at Fordow along with Iranian scientists started the process of feeding uranium gas into the newly set-up cascades at 9:15 a.m. Tehran time
  • At 10:43 a.m., due to a drop in power pressure, system warning signs went off, but everything went back to normal after two minutes.
  • At 11:36 a.m., five explosions occurred concurrently in the centrifuge chambers, two explosions in the uranium reserve enclosures and a subsequent explosion in the main hallway close to the exit.
  • At the time of the explosions, a very bright red and purple light distorted the image and an extremely loud noise could be heard. Before the explosions knocked out the cameras, interior walls could be seen coming down within the centrifuge chambers. All the explosions seemed to have been initiated from the ceilings.
  • All cameras on the lowest floor (about 300 feet deep under a mountain) and the floor above it (about 250 feet deep) were knocked out, and only two cameras above the installation where security personnel are stationed were working.
  • Security forces immediately informed their superiors, who ordered them to remain in the monitoring room and avoid further communication with the outside world until counterintelligence forces arrived. Twenty-one personnel were gathered in a conference room to await further instruction.
  • Security forces were then told to close down all surrounding roads.
  • Approximately two hours after the explosions, counterintelligence agents arrived and, after interviewing personnel and reviewing tapes, initially concluded that explosives may have been placed in ceiling lamps with some kind of trigger mechanism controlled by a power voltage frequency.
  • The last images show eight personnel in anti-radiation clothing trying desperately to secure one of the rooms.
The regime believes the technology used with the explosives is unknown to their forces, the source said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/new-detai...RYHKJ1D04qG.99
Old 1/29/13, 01:10 PM

Mine never went to hell....just clean it thoroughly. I put mine through more crap than it was ever designed to....I plowed a lot of snow with it... That's why the Fox is my favorite, that car held up to the abuse I gave it and never gave me a problem....
My front end desperately needs a repaint.
Old 1/29/13, 01:12 PM
Post *****

Same here but roads are dry....dam supercharger!
Old 1/29/13, 01:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
so who ever sold them the ceiling lamps knew they would blow up ?
Old 1/29/13, 01:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Scothew
The funniest thing however was the 3 catholic priest that walked in and sat down across from our table. Had one of them ordered a longneck I would have lost it.
My dad was pretty friendly with the Monsignor. He was always up for a couple of Manhattans. lol
Old 1/29/13, 01:19 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by HOSS429
so who ever sold them the ceiling lamps knew they would blow up ?
Talk about a mole deep in the supply chain...

And then to be able to screw with the power - which either set a trigger or started a chemical reaction of some sort.
Old 1/29/13, 02:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-orgasms.html

Go get em Nathan!
Old 1/29/13, 02:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If Nathan is representative of the male student population, its no wonder they need to have a program like that.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast