Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/13, 01:00 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I don't know anyone that makes alcohol. People in the Appalachian mountains of the South have no concept, knowledge, reason, or desire to make their own alcohol or alcohol to distribute. Nope, we know nothing about anything like that. We just sit around on the porch and play banjos all day.

302 Found

It's pretty cool, haven't had a chance to actually go over when they have been using the distiller, but I have been able to help them make liquor, which they actually buy the alcohol for. They make the schnapps though, would be cool to witness some time.
Old 1/20/13, 01:02 AM
INKY

And I would have figured you would be making your own Shine. Last weekend my friend showed me how to make apple pie to. That stuff is pretty decent.
Old 1/20/13, 01:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
And I would have figured you would be making your own Shine. Last weekend my friend showed me how to make apple pie to. That stuff is pretty decent.
Nahh, these hillbillies are much to dumb to make likker, grow food in the garden, raise livestock, hunt wildlife, or anything else we need. We rely on the Yankee federal government to do our thinking for us and provide for us. We're too stupid to rely on ourselves for food, likker, "tobacco" etc.

I can't even keep a straight face while typing that.
Old 1/20/13, 01:46 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
oh ****. Had waaaay too much this evening. I think some sleep is shortcoming.
Old 1/20/13, 01:59 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
oh ****. Had waaaay too much this evening. I think some sleep is shortcoming.
What, 3 drinks? Lightweight *****.
Old 1/20/13, 02:02 AM
INKY

Just went out to clean the sidewalks and put more salt down. The snow/freezing rain has let up, but it's pretty slick out there still.
Old 1/20/13, 02:26 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Just went out to clean the sidewalks and put more salt down. The snow/freezing rain has let up, but it's pretty slick out there still.

They put gravel and salt down on the road in the county next to mine when we had ice the other day (I'm right on the line) but luckily the gravel was light and most of it got pushed off. There are still white spots where the salt was down.

I took the 500 out for a cruise today against my better judgement, but I couldn't resist as nice as it was. It did scare the poo out of me for a moment one time. I hit the on ramp to a freeway at about 50 in 3rd gear. Three lanes of traffic was moving at 70-80 mph and I had to merge into it. I matted it in 3rd and it was in a turn approaching a concrete surface bridge. I had the hammer down headed for the fast lane, when I hit the bridge in that turn at about 70 with the supercharger howling it broke loose and got squirrely for a second. Gave me a bit of an adrenalin rush till it came back in line. Might have been ugly if the TC/Stability control hadn't been on.
Old 1/20/13, 02:40 AM
INKY

They put gravel and salt down on the road in the county next to mine when we had ice the other day (I'm right on the line) but luckily the gravel was light and most of it got pushed off. There are still white spots where the salt was down.

I took the 500 out for a cruise today against my better judgement, but I couldn't resist as nice as it was. It did scare the poo out of me for a moment one time. I hit the on ramp to a freeway at about 50 in 3rd gear. Three lanes of traffic was moving at 70-80 mph and I had to merge into it. I matted it in 3rd and it was in a turn approaching a concrete surface bridge. I had the hammer down headed for the fast lane, when I hit the bridge in that turn at about 70 with the supercharger howling it broke loose and got squirrely for a second. Gave me a bit of an adrenalin rush till it came back in line. Might have been ugly if the TC/Stability control hadn't been on.
They use salt on the roads here too. Used Mag-Chloirde on the roads when I was in CO. Big reason I don't drive the Boss in the winter, don't want that salt getting all over the under carriage. Plus it's a decent break on my insurance for the holiday season.
Old 1/20/13, 02:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

They use salt on the roads here too. Used Mag-Chloirde on the roads when I was in CO. Big reason I don't drive the Boss in the winter, don't want that salt getting all over the under carriage. Plus it's a decent break on my insurance for the holiday season.
Our bad weather down here is so few and far between that I can pretty much drive it year round. Just a few occasions where things are to ****ty for me to get it out, so I have to keep insurance year round.

I did have to buy a tag sticker (or tab as Nate calls it) a few weeks ago. Bastards clipped me for a $450 ad velorem tax on it for the year.
Old 1/20/13, 02:53 AM
INKY

Our bad weather down here is so few and far between that I can pretty much drive it year round. Just a few occasions where things are to ****ty for me to get it out, so I have to keep insurance year round.

I did have to buy a tag sticker (or tab as Nate calls it) a few weeks ago. Bastards clipped me for a $450 ad velorem tax on it for the year.
Looking forward to getting back to that kind of weather. Nice thing about being military is we can often get out of paying some of the taxes for registration. CO and HI both waive the taxes, think it about $35/yr for tags!
Old 1/20/13, 03:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Looking forward to getting back to that kind of weather. Nice thing about being military is we can often get out of paying some of the taxes for registration. CO and HI both waive the taxes, think it about $35/yr for tags!
That's great. I bought tags (or tabs) for 5 cars a few weeks ago. It should have come with lube because I feel like I've been ****ed. Damned near $2K for some decal stickers to put on the tags.
Old 1/20/13, 03:13 AM
INKY

That's great. I bought tags (or tabs) for 5 cars a few weeks ago. It should have come with lube because I feel like I've been ****ed. Damned near $2K for some decal stickers to put on the tags.
That is crazy. Just hope I don't get slammed for taxes on the Boss. By the time I get it registered in HI I will have owned it for over 2 years though, should be safe.

I rememebr CA used to kill me for registration and that was 16 years ago, hate to think what they charge.
Old 1/20/13, 03:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Damned I've got some serious pains in my lower back, in the kidney area. I'm really hurting back there. You'd think it would be my liver that was acting up, not my kidneys.

Sonofabtich, I'm in pain. I'd almost go to the doctor if it weren't for the fact that I don't go to the doctor.
Old 1/20/13, 03:17 AM
INKY

Damned I've got some serious pains in my lower back, in the kidney area. I'm really hurting back there. You'd think it would be my liver that was acting up, not my kidneys.

Sonofabtich, I'm in pain. I'd almost go to the doctor if it weren't for the fact that I don't go to the doctor.
Been having a lot of back pain when I wake up in the morning too. Thought about going to the doc too. Not a big fan of the doctor when it comes to my back, they seem to think I need to stretch more.
Old 1/20/13, 03:26 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Been having a lot of back pain when I wake up in the morning too. Thought about going to the doc too. Not a big fan of the doctor when it comes to my back, they seem to think I need to stretch more.
Not even worth it for me to go to the doc for regular back pain. They know I've got herniated discs, spinal compression, fused vertebrae, etc.

But these pains are definitely not back related, they are internal organ type pains.

I know the pains you are talking about all too well. Some days I can't even get up, and I have to get someone to help me tie my shoes when its really bad because I can't bend over far enough to do it. Good think I wear flip flops most of the time and that I have a little guy that thinks its great that he can help daddy out by putting his shoes on.
Old 1/20/13, 03:33 AM
INKY

I would probably go to the doc if it felt like it was organ pain. Finally got them to do an x-ray on my back last year. Doc mentioned arthritis and degeneration, two words I didn't really want to hear. Then gave me the good/bad news. Good: Don't need surgery, Bad: Going to have pain the rest of your life. Almost would have rather him tell me they were going to do surgery, but it would take care of the pain.
Old 1/20/13, 03:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I would probably go to the doc if it felt like it was organ pain. Finally got them to do an x-ray on my back last year. Doc mentioned arthritis and degeneration, two words I didn't really want to hear. Then gave me the good/bad news. Good: Don't need surgery, Bad: Going to have pain the rest of your life. Almost would have rather him tell me they were going to do surgery, but it would take care of the pain.
Well I know the first thing they're going to say is "stop drinking, stop smoking, stop eating this that and the other" and on top of that I hate going to the doctor, I have to be on death's door or have bones broken before I go to the doc.
Old 1/20/13, 03:42 AM
INKY

They always ask us "Do you drink?" and the answer is always ocassionally. One or two a week, maybe. They get so hung up on if we drink it's crazy. Not a big fan of going to the doc anyway, but I have to think about when I retire too. If I actually have issues it needs to be in my records.
Old 1/20/13, 04:25 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm sure sitting at a computer all day long doesn't help things. See a physical therapist and get yourself on an exercise and stretching routine. Not so much a workout but just exercises keying in on your back. It helps.
Old 1/20/13, 04:27 AM
INKY

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I'm sure sitting at a computer all day long doesn't help things. See a physical therapist and get yourself on an exercise and stretching routine. Not so much a workout but just exercises keying in on your back. It helps.
Been there, done that a few times. The stretching helps some, this pain has been in a new area. And sitting all day doesn't help, especially for 12hrs. Getting ocassional spasms too, so much fun!!

Last edited by Boss 1409; 1/20/13 at 04:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast