Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/12, 07:17 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul

I'll see if I can find that out....

Yup, but Unions historically allow people to keep working that don't deserve the job...that's been proven time and time again. It's kind of like a male dog mounting a female dog...once your in, your stuck.... That's good for the guys that should be fired, not good for the guys who actually do their job because the reputation gets applied to everyone.
You are absolutely correct. It's something that has to be handled on a facility level though. And it can be handled. It's just not usually. Bad unions. Bad leadership. Bad attitudes. Expecting more for less. Yep it happens everywhere. But it all can be fixed even with unionization. We have local companies that praise their unions for doing such a good job and having really good relationships between both parties. But it only takes a couple bad eggs to ruin everything. So all unions look like what the UAW is portrayed to be.
Old 10/23/12, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

No... they should expand your route and get a full days work out of your deadbeat butt - without overtime.

If I were a UNION guy, I could easily just slow down and the company would have a ****. They would have to take off half my route and hire another driver to cover it, but I'm not like the other guys, I want to live my life and not spend it half working, so I bust my *** and even though I complain to them on a daily basis about doing more than everyone, I still do it.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 10/23/12 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10/23/12, 07:21 PM

Going out on a limb here but I'm guessing that Joe doesn't put as many miles on his truck as other drivers do in more rural areas. He's probably delivering more that the majority but in way less time due to distances traveled. And I doubt if distances, package counts, and number of stops is all factored in. Probably just one or two of those.
Old 10/23/12, 07:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
We were talking about package drivers. Do you now want to talk about tractor-trailer drivers? They're two completely different things.
I included both in my reply. Don't shirk it. Drivers have to deal with weather, traffic, and other delays across the country and across the world. They simply can't stop because their watch says 8 hrs or whatever.

Look - you're all defensive - maybe you're taking me the wrong way. I'm sure you're well trained. But the company (therefore the shareholders since ups is public) has made a huge investment in you - training, pay, health & welfare bennies. They deserve a full days work out of you. Why don't you have a full route?? You know, a full days work?
Old 10/23/12, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Going out on a limb here but I'm guessing that Joe doesn't put as many miles on his truck as other drivers do in more rural areas. He's probably delivering more that the majority but in way less time due to distances traveled. And I doubt if distances, package counts, and number of stops is all factored in. Probably just one or two of those.
Everything is factored in.
Prelim truck time
Travel time to route
Miles driven on route
Stops made on route
Total packages per stop on route
Total packages on route
Travel time back to hub
Turn in time

EVERYTHING IS FACTORED IN
Old 10/23/12, 07:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Just take comfort in the fact that all of the *** busting hard work Joe does to make the union employee look better, is canceled out by ****ers like you that nap and watch movies all night.
Old 10/23/12, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdynaco

I included both in my reply. Don't shirk it. Drivers have to deal with weather, traffic, and other delays across the country and across the world. They simply can't stop because their watch says 8 hrs or whatever.

Look - you're all defensive - maybe you're taking me the wrong way. I'm sure you're well trained. But the company (therefore the shareholders since ups is public) has made a huge investment in you - training, pay, health & welfare bennies. They deserve a full days work out of you. Why don't you have a full route?? You know, a full days work?
This is where you're confused, I'm doing a full day and half. A full route, a full day is 135-140 stops a day. That is a full route, you know, a full days work. I'm doing 200 stops you know a full day and half
Old 10/23/12, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Just take comfort in the fact that all of the *** busting hard work Joe does to make the union employee look better, is canceled out by ****ers like you that nap and watch movies all night.
I don't work hard for the union, I work hard for my family because 95% of Ups drivers never see theirs.
Old 10/23/12, 07:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I don't work hard for the union, I work hard for my family because 95% of Ups workers never see theirs.
Maybe if you'd have been like the other 95% and weren't home so much, you'd still be married. Now I understand why she left.
Old 10/23/12, 07:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm with Charlie on this one. Every route I know of, in any industry is more than 4 hours/day, and I grew up around drivers and route workers.

and the only possible way I can see you getting finished and doing all the work like you claim you do is drive your truck and throw packages out. Maybe he has a package cannon...pulls up to a strip mall and launches those babies out there!
Old 10/23/12, 07:42 PM
Banned

Maybe if you'd have been like the other 95% and weren't home so much, you'd still be married. Now I understand why she left.
You guys don't know the real story behind our divorce, you guys only know what I tell you in jokes. Lol
Old 10/23/12, 07:44 PM

Lmao. Hey all of my works gets done every night. I am very good at my job and can get it all done and still have lots of *** time. Some days if the work load is high there is no *** time. But my job is different. Way more responsibly than actual working. I just have to know what to do if something goes wrong. As long as we're running good we Cadillac. And TMS and Netflix of course.
Old 10/23/12, 07:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You guys don't know the real story behind our divorce, you guys only know what I tell you in jokes. Lol
All I know is that if I had to put up with your *** for all but the 4 hours a day you were working, I'd not only leave, I'd probably kill you in your sleep.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/23/12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10/23/12, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10/23/12, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I'm with Charlie on this one. Every route I know of, in any industry is more than 4 hours/day, and I grew up around drivers and route workers.

and the only possible way I can see you getting finished and doing all the work like you claim you do is drive your truck and throw packages out. Maybe he has a package cannon...pulls up to a strip mall and launches those babies out there!
You're with Charlie on what one? Are you going to tell me about Ups too? That is funny what you said because they do make that same joke at work. I've also heard that I have all my customers trained and they all meet me at one location and pick up their own packages. LOL they also use the "check the dumpsters on my route for all the packages" I've delivered. Lol
Old 10/23/12, 07:48 PM
Banned

All I know is that if I had to put up with your *** for all but the 4 hours a day you were working, I'd not only leave, I'd probably kill you in your sleep.
I actually think we'd get along Lee. LOL
Old 10/23/12, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn

Nah man. I'm sure he has his own system set up to where he can get his job done in half the time. Just like every other ups driver has a set route. If he gave up his system to the company they would ask for double the work. Is that really fair? Some drivers I'm sure can do the same but decide to work slowly and stretch it out to a full day. Some would rather sprint to the door and sprint back to the truck to save time. Some days I get to work, get it all done quickly and chill for the rest of my shift. Some days I just stretch it out to make the time go by. But you turds just wouldn't understand because you see UNION only.

Last edited by AlsCobra; 10/23/12 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10/23/12, 07:51 PM
NTTAWWT

You're with Charlie on what one? Are you going to tell me about Ups too? That is funny what you said because they do make that same joke at work. I've also heard that I have all my customers trained and they all meet me at one location and pick up their own packages. LOL they also use the "check the dumpsters on my route for all the packages" I've delivered. Lol
read the second part of the statement. That any route I've ever heard was more than 4 hrs/day.

No, I'm not going to tell you about UPS, you work there, I don't. Just my observations.
Old 10/23/12, 07:57 PM
NTTAWWT

I just don't get it. How can you drive 90 miles in a freight truck, avg at most 45 mph...that's 2 hours in and of itself! Even if all 200 of your stops in in the same mall for instance, you're still averaging less than 40 seconds per stop. And that's only if you're doing one package per stop.

I bust *** to get work finished better than anyone, and I'd love to believe you, but something seems a bit out of whack. Not claiming you're fibbing, just saying.
Old 10/23/12, 07:58 PM
Banned

Nah man. I'm sure he has his own system set up to where he can get his job done in half the time. Just like every other ups driver has a set route. If he have up his system to the company they would ask for double the work. Is that really fair? Some drivers I'm sure can do the same but decide to work slowly and stretch it out to a full day. Some would rather sprint to the door and sprint back to the truck to save time. Some days I get to work, get it all done quickly and chill for the rest of my shift. Some days I just stretch it out to make the time go by. But you turds just wouldn't understand because you see UNION only.
You're exactly right. The route is driven the same way every day and after doing the route for as long as I have, I can drive it blindfolded. Ups customers are 90% repeat customers. I don't have to look at street names, street numbers, I know all of them by heart. and to exactly what you said, when I took my route it was 125 stops, the faster I got done they added stops. They've added 10 stops every year I've had the route and only stopped when the stop count was so high it was Ridiculous and they couldn't get it done when I took a day off.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast