Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/12, 10:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Anyone seen Contraband? Watched it last night on Cinemax. Decent movie.
Old 10/20/12, 10:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Skinimax
Old 10/20/12, 10:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Always preferred my thumpers (4 strokes). But then again, I rode and raced enduro mostly, and they suit that much better.
Mine were 70's era enduro. Lights and all. 2 stroke. Lots of overnight trail stuff too. It was that Bronson thing with a sleeping bag on back to set up camp - then race. lol Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning with a camp fire.

Then 4 strokes were dogs. I understand they're much improved.

My only street bike was a Suzi 380 3 cyl. Mini Kawa 750.

Everytime I run a chainsaw it makes my heart race for the good ol days in hs.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/20/12 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10/20/12, 11:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Pulp Fiction is on HBO.
Old 10/20/12, 11:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Mine were 70's era enduro. Lights and all. 2 stroke. Lots of overnight trail stuff too. It was that Bronson thing with a sleeping bag on back to set up camp - then race. lol Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning with a camp fire.

Then 4 strokes were dogs. I understand they're much improved.

My only street bike was a Suzi 380 3 cyl. Mini Kawa 750.

Everytime I run a chainsaw it makes my heart race for the good ol days in hs.
My first bike that I owned was a 1970(?) Suzuki TC 90. Rode the wheels off of that thing in the woods as a kid. I could barely reach the ground on it when I got it, lol.

Like this, but most of the street stuff was gone off of it by the time I got it.

Saved up all my birthday, Christmas, etc. money, plus all the money I made doing chores for people. I think I gave $150 for it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/20/12 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10/20/12, 11:30 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that exhaust looks like a leg burner!
Old 10/20/12, 11:32 PM
GT Member

I've been wanting a motorcycle for a while now. I don't know anything about them though I just think it would be awesome to be able to ride and feel 'free' for a while. What's a good choice for a newb?
Old 10/20/12, 11:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
that exhaust looks like a leg burner!

Still got scars, lol.
Old 10/20/12, 11:39 PM
NTTAWWT

depends on what kind of bike you want. That feeling of freedom will be taken away quite soon though, and replaced with a feeling of "holy **** ***** on a phone, ****ing pay attention to what the **** you're doing and stay in your own ****ing lane, mother ****er!"
Old 10/20/12, 11:48 PM
GT Member

depends on what kind of bike you want. That feeling of freedom will be taken away quite soon though, and replaced with a feeling of "holy **** ***** on a phone, ****ing pay attention to what the **** you're doing and stay in your own ****ing lane, mother ****er!"
Hahaha. Your the second person to tell me that... I want something fun that can get me around cheaper than a supercharged v8 will too. I thought about getting a commuter but I've always wanted a bike and they're fairly cheap too. Been thinking of a ninja 500r
Old 10/20/12, 11:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by vinnygt
Hahaha. Your the second person to tell me that... I want something fun that can get me around cheaper than a supercharged v8 will too. I thought about getting a commuter but I've always wanted a bike and they're fairly cheap too. Been thinking of a ninja 500r
I rode and raced bikes for decades, but with the way people drive now, and the cell phone/texting craze, I wont get on a streetbike nowadays.

If you get one, be sure to check the organ donor card on your license, someone will need them, and it wont be you. And let your family know the area you're riding in so they can get there quick to pick you up with a sponge and some trash bags.
Old 10/21/12, 12:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

"I gotta stab her 3 times?"

"If you're alright, say something"

"Something"

Old 10/21/12, 12:18 AM
Post *****

Yeah it is.
Old 10/21/12, 12:20 AM
Post *****

My first bike that I owned was a 1970(?) Suzuki TC 90. Rode the wheels off of that thing in the woods as a kid. I could barely reach the ground on it when I got it, lol.

Like this, but most of the street stuff was gone off of it by the time I got it.

Saved up all my birthday, Christmas, etc. money, plus all the money I made doing chores for people. I think I gave $150 for it.
Wow - same here. Mine was a 71 green straight stripes. Loved the low range like the Honda trail 90. Then went to a Suzuki 185 blue. Always wanted the 250 next but the old man .

He didn't know about the street bike.

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-suzuki-tc90-blazer-green-1972.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-suzuki-tc90-blazer-yellow-1971-l-cls.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-suzuki-gt380-sebring-73.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/21/12 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10/21/12, 12:22 AM
GT Member

I rode and raced bikes for decades, but with the way people drive now, and the cell phone/texting craze, I wont get on a streetbike nowadays.

If you get one, be sure to check the organ donor card on your license, someone will need them, and it wont be you. And let your family know the area you're riding in so they can get there quick to pick you up with a sponge and some trash bags.
****, the deeper I look into it the more people tell me it's a bad idea. My mom nearly had a heart attack when I told her right now. Haha. Maybe ill just buy a Honda, ill never go fast enough in one of those to hurt my self. Lol.
Old 10/21/12, 12:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Wow - same here. Mine was a 72 green. Loved the low range like the Honda trail 90. Then went to a Suziki 185. Always wanted the 250 next but the old man .

I loved that kick lever that you can see on the crank case to switch it from low range to hi range. Cool feature for that time period.
Old 10/21/12, 12:29 AM
NTTAWWT

Originally Posted by vinnygt
****, the deeper I look into it the more people tell me it's a bad idea. My mom nearly had a heart attack when I told her right now. Haha. Maybe ill just buy a Honda, ill never go fast enough in one of those to hurt my self. Lol.
it really has just gotten too dangerous. There's tons of people that ride, and love it, but honestly, its not your own riding that'll be the problem. I'd venture to guess that more serious accidents are caused by other drivers rather than lack of rider skill (not counting the wheelie-ing, 100+ mph riders that are just asking for it to start with).

I know how terrifying it can be driving in heavy traffic with my Mustang, and its just a lowered vehicle, I get nearly run over multiple times a week with people just not paying attention to what they're doing, and you'll be even less visible on a bike. Its a damned shame, really.

Last edited by StangMahn; 10/21/12 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10/21/12, 12:32 AM
Post *****

I loved that kick lever that you can see on the crank case to switch it from low range to hi range. Cool feature for that time period.
Part of the sales pitch to my old man (no wonder I went into sales) was that we could use it for hunting (even though it was money I earned like you). So here I am this little featherweight 14 yr old with my dad on back, rifles slinged on both of us, and I'm trying to keep the front end down on old logging roads and trails.
That low range at least allowed me to slow things down but keep in the power band. Felt like I was doing a trials course! lol
Old 10/21/12, 12:39 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Part of the sales pitch to my old man (no wonder I went into sales) was that we could use it for hunting (even though it was money I earned like you). So here I am this little featherweight 14 yr old with my dad on back, rifles slinged on both of us, and I'm trying to keep the front end down on old logging roads and trails.
That low range at least allowed me to slow things down but keep in the power band. Felt like I was doing a trials course! lol
I think I was about 9 when I got mine, so you can imagine me riding that thing. But I was a big boy for my age.
Old 10/21/12, 12:42 AM
GT Member

it really has just gotten too dangerous. There's tons of people that ride, and love it, but honestly, its not your own riding that'll be the problem. I'd venture to guess that more serious accidents are caused by other drivers rather than lack of rider skill (not counting the wheelie-ing, 100+ mph riders that are just asking for it to start with).

I know how terrifying it can be driving in heavy traffic with my Mustang, and its just a lowered vehicle, I get nearly run over multiple times a week with people just not paying attention to what they're doing, and you'll be even less visible on a bike. Its a damned shame, really.
I agree. About 3 bike riders from my school have been hit and 1 was killed within the past 4 years I've been in high school. I was there for one of the accidents because it happened outside of my house. It was pretty crazy listening to the guy scream for help. His bike was completely destroyed. He was hit at a freeway exit by a limo driver who wasnt paying attention.

The guy that died had ran a red light leaving my school and was hit from the side by an oncoming car at around 45mph. They said he died instantly. Sad to think about

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast