Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/12, 01:41 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Erich get yourself back to the states before you become one of them.
Hawaii is a state, lol. If I end up heading there I will take 30 days on the mainland on the way over!
Old 10/24/12, 01:57 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I've spent my whole life trying to get into them.
Why do you want to get into a box??
Old 10/24/12, 01:59 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers

Why do you want to get into a box??
I'll take this one Lee.

The box that the cherry came in honey.
Old 10/24/12, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Hawaii is a state, lol. If I end up heading there I will take 30 days on the mainland on the way over!
Holla at ya boy when you make it back to the states.
Old 10/24/12, 02:00 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take this one Lee.

The box that the cherry came in honey.
The winky face means its something dirty huh?
Old 10/24/12, 02:02 AM

I give up.
Old 10/24/12, 04:34 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holla at ya boy when you make it back to the states.
Will do! Def gonna hit up Vegas for a couple days and stop in TX to visit the family. I'll go to CA too, probably end up flying out of LAX.
Old 10/24/12, 06:23 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
I've spent my whole life trying to get into them.

Double
Old 10/24/12, 06:31 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Sooooo I'm watching BET hip hop awards.. & it's so crazy to see the differences between cultures.
That is not culture. Unless you are comparing it to what grows in a petri dish. (talking about hip hop, not race)
Old 10/24/12, 07:07 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54

That is not culture. Unless you are comparing it to what grows in a petri dish. (talking about hip hop, not race)

glad you clarified that
Old 10/24/12, 07:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Fixed.

Have you never met Al?
Old 10/24/12, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

glad you clarified that
Dont want Lee posting this at me:

Name:  image-996994553.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  96.5 KB
Old 10/24/12, 08:17 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 10/24/12, 08:28 AM

Need five good reasons why ford is better than chevy...my sister's looking at new cars. Go!
Old 10/24/12, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Need five good reasons why ford is better than chevy...go!
1) Our tax dollars werent needed to bail out Ford

2) Mustang in continuous priduction since launch

3) Ford does not make the Volt
Old 10/24/12, 08:50 AM

That was three.
Old 10/24/12, 09:11 AM

That was three.
I wanted to leave room for others to contribute
Old 10/24/12, 09:47 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ugh... not ready for prime time yet.
Old 10/24/12, 10:04 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Must be way bigger than your stub route. I'd be embarrassed to wear the brown with such a small task.
My ups driver doesn't get here till 6pm after cranking all day. And that's in the summer before snow and tire chains.
I don't know ANY UPS employee(and I know a few) that works such a short day.

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I do more work than everyone in the center. There's not one route that has more work than my route. Next time you see your driver ask him how many stops he does and I'll laugh at it comparing it to mine.
In my experience those that brag about doing more work than everyone else is either arrogantly conceited or not being truthful. You may be a hard worker and MIGHT even be the hardest working but the doubt is against you.

People in that area must not order much **** to be delivered if you do more than anyone else there.
Something doesn't add up....he certainly can't have ANY pickups...that's for sure!

You can laugh all you want but your point is irrelevant.
You always brag about being done in 4 hrs. Granted you are in a heavily populated area so you don't have the miles that an outside route has. But 4 hrs?? That's weak for the route business.
If he isn't on Flat rate then he is lying....simple as that as a start.

I do 90 miles a day 200 stops a day 275-300 packages a day. Now takes these numbers to your driver and ask him how good I am. and yes that is done on route in 4 to 4 1/2 hours. And listen to your driver go GOD **** HE'S AWESOME or he won't believe it. I'll put this way, when I take day off, they have to break my route up because it takes a cover driver 14 hours to do it.
Nobody I talked to said you were awesome....they did laugh and say it was BS...but while it MAY be possible there is NO WAY you have any pickups on your route...because UPS has a policy to keep drivers out there so that all pickups can be made....if you rush through your day then it means those pickup customers must rush to meet your deadline and that just isn't realistic. If you are just leaving packages AND are on flat rate then this is possible. If you finish so early then you are not available for pickups...so unless there are no pickups, that is a red flag on the play here.

What about Lunch? It is a DOT requirement that you take a lunch....You could code 5 and do straight hours but UPS doesn't like that....so unless you have a "friend" who is allowing you to Code 5 your day then you MUST take a lunch per DOT requirements....UPS official policy is to require a lunch.

What is your SPOR?

Like I said - your point is irrelevant.
Every route I know is structured around 60 hrs a week. That's as far back as the 80's to current, Sacramento to Portland to Bend and routes in between. Beer, bread, coffee, soda, produce, wine & liquor, food service, janitor supplies, etc. - all business deliveries - some union many non. (Pity the poor Schwan's house to house - more like 80 hrs.)
Granted yours is not route sales just a delivery job. But even ups structures the route - delivery tme + miles - to be around 60 hrs/wk.
If Joe's day is accurate then there is NO room for error....traffic, flat, accident delays, etc.

WRONG
Ups routes are not structured around 60 hr work weeks. 9.5 daily hours. You've just been learned.
This is true.

Quit talkin smack Joe. You don't know crap outside of LA. There's a whole different world out there besides your driving down a couple of city streets and being done in 4 hrs. That is pathetic!
And shame on your mgmt for stealing from shareholders by paying you outrageous full union pay and bennies for a half days work.
If you had to keep up with route guys across the country you'd be whining about your sore back and legs like you did last xmas.
I still want to know how Joe's pay is set up....if it is flat rate then I don't have a problem with it if he gets the job done...much like a mechanic you are rewarded for being efficient. However...this type of pay is almost unheard of among the UPS guys I've talked to.

You're Batman.

Or full of ****.

He is not "Batman"....he is "BOXMAN"

Or just like a certain O person at a certain debate last night.

If it is repeated enough then it's true!

I KNOW Ups and you've never worked for Ups, so who knows more about Ups? Someone who hasn't worked one day for Ups or someone who's worked for Ups for 23 years? And by the way Mr. Knowitall, I save the company money, because they only have to pay me straight time and not overtime. The company saves 15 to 20k a year not having to pay me overtime.
The response I got to this was "Why would he do that? He is an idiot!...He can't be driving safe and there is NO room for error or unexpected delays"

It's your choice if you want to bust your **** to be done ahead of time but it's a personal choice for you and not because you are "saving the company money" unless you were on some sort of bonus reward program.

They didn't get delivered because Joe was out that day and the 5 drivers it takes to cover his route still couldn't get it finished.

I know dozens of route guys from Sac to Portland like I said - incl ups - going back 30 yrs. What do you think - when the clock says their little 8 hr day is over - and they're stuck at Crater Lake putting chains on - that their day is simply over?? What about the transport guys that get stuck on the Siskiyou's when the pass closes - think they simply stop at 8 hrs and Scotty beams them back to the depot??

> JOE CLUELESS IN LA!
They do have to be back into the terminal by a certain time...usually if something comes up they will send out help for that driver...at least that's what I've seen.

No... they should expand your route and get a full days work out of your deadbeat butt - without overtime.

They typically do that, that is their normal form of action anyway.

We were talking about package drivers. Do you now want to talk about tractor-trailer drivers? They're two completely different things.
My old driver does both....but that's because he doesn't have the seniority.

You are absolutely correct. It's something that has to be handled on a facility level though. And it can be handled. It's just not usually. Bad unions. Bad leadership. Bad attitudes. Expecting more for less. Yep it happens everywhere. But it all can be fixed even with unionization. We have local companies that praise their unions for doing such a good job and having really good relationships between both parties. But it only takes a couple bad eggs to ruin everything. So all unions look like what the UAW is portrayed to be.
True, I have experience of having to deal with teamsters from trade shows and those guys live up to the negative reputation and then some!

If I were a UNION guy, I could easily just slow down and the company would have a ****. They would have to take off half my route and hire another driver to cover it, but I'm not like the other guys, I want to live my life and not spend it half working, so I bust my *** and even though I complain to them on a daily basis about doing more than everyone, I still do it.
ARE you a Union guy? I know you don't have to be but I would think that the Union might push you to back off for the benefit of other Union members you are making look bad....I have seen that happen in other areas.

I included both in my reply. Don't shirk it. Drivers have to deal with weather, traffic, and other delays across the country and across the world. They simply can't stop because their watch says 8 hrs or whatever.

Look - you're all defensive - maybe you're taking me the wrong way. I'm sure you're well trained. But the company (therefore the shareholders since ups is public) has made a huge investment in you - training, pay, health & welfare bennies. They deserve a full days work out of you. Why don't you have a full route?? You know, a full days work?
I can't deny that regardless of speed it is not a full days work in my book.

Everything is factored in.
Prelim truck time
Travel time to route
Miles driven on route
Stops made on route
Total packages per stop on route
Total packages on route
Travel time back to hub
Turn in time

EVERYTHING IS FACTORED IN
Those are factors.....

This is where you're confused, I'm doing a full day and half. A full route, a full day is 135-140 stops a day. That is a full route, you know, a full days work. I'm doing 200 stops you know a full day and half
It is hard to believe. Could we get you to record your day start to finish so we can verify this?

I don't work hard for the union, I work hard for my family because 95% of Ups drivers never see theirs.
This is true.

Maybe if you'd have been like the other 95% and weren't home so much, you'd still be married. Now I understand why she left.
Ouch!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I'm with Charlie on this one. Every route I know of, in any industry is more than 4 hours/day, and I grew up around drivers and route workers.

and the only possible way I can see you getting finished and doing all the work like you claim you do is drive your truck and throw packages out. Maybe he has a package cannon...pulls up to a strip mall and launches those babies out there!

You guys don't know the real story behind our divorce, you guys only know what I tell you in jokes. Lol
Imagine how bad you would look if we knew the truth

All I know is that if I had to put up with your *** for all but the 4 hours a day you were working, I'd not only leave, I'd probably kill you in your sleep.

You're with Charlie on what one? Are you going to tell me about Ups too? That is funny what you said because they do make that same joke at work. I've also heard that I have all my customers trained and they all meet me at one location and pick up their own packages. LOL they also use the "check the dumpsters on my route for all the packages" I've delivered. Lol
I would think in all honesty that UPS would look into why you are getting done so fast....

I actually think we'd get along Lee. LOL
That's just because you dream of man love and know Lee would give it to you good

Nah man. I'm sure he has his own system set up to where he can get his job done in half the time. Just like every other ups driver has a set route. If he gave up his system to the company they would ask for double the work. Is that really fair? Some drivers I'm sure can do the same but decide to work slowly and stretch it out to a full day. Some would rather sprint to the door and sprint back to the truck to save time. Some days I get to work, get it all done quickly and chill for the rest of my shift. Some days I just stretch it out to make the time go by. But you turds just wouldn't understand because you see UNION only.
While this is true to a degree, it's his own fault for the request for double work but I know UPS watches drivers and times....this scenario set in front of us is just a tough one to believe knowing how they watch or Joe just has some dirt on his boss so he gets away with it

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I just don't get it. How can you drive 90 miles in a freight truck, avg at most 45 mph...that's 2 hours in and of itself! Even if all 200 of your stops in in the same mall for instance, you're still averaging less than 40 seconds per stop. And that's only if you're doing one package per stop.

I bust *** to get work finished better than anyone, and I'd love to believe you, but something seems a bit out of whack. Not claiming you're fibbing, just saying.
Again, there is NO way he has pickups to be responsible for...it has to be all deliveries.

You're exactly right. The route is driven the same way every day and after doing the route for as long as I have, I can drive it blindfolded. Ups customers are 90% repeat customers. I don't have to look at street names, street numbers, I know all of them by heart. and to exactly what you said, when I took my route it was 125 stops, the faster I got done they added stops. They've added 10 stops every year I've had the route and only stopped when the stop count was so high it was Ridiculous and they couldn't get it done when I took a day off.
I agree that with time you get more efficient...that is a given. and it is true that UPS ads stops to you if you are faster.

Originally Posted by vinnygt
Nice. That's job security. Lol.
Not necessarily....my old driver was awesome, he did FAR more than the current one but because the current one had seniority, he was able to take the route from him because it was up for bid. While the other guy still has a job, he lost the route he loved.

38/40 of the miles are freeway travel time to and from the route at 70 mph. I start my route at 9:30 and do 45-50 stops an hour. I only have 30 stops of business, the rest is all residential. I'm done on route from 1:30 to 2:00 the 4 hours I'm talking about is on route first stop to last stop is 4 hours. 20 to 30 minutes travel to route and from route to hub totaling 40 to 60 minutes travel time. My full day clocking in and clocking out 5 hours total
Video documentation is going to be required to really make this believable

This must be an inside joke between you pirates because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
No, you just aren't paying attention again

Originally Posted by Scothew
Ink masters: there's a chick wanting a Phoenix shooting fire out of her....... You can figure it out
That would be a scary first date.....I say first because quite obviously she would put out on the first date is she is getting that for a tatoo!

Again - number of stops are irrelevant as to getting the job - you know deliveries?? - done? Under (near) maximum efficiency so as to compete in the global economy with productivity??

Do you know how many people can do your job just as well?? Why - cause you walk fast, talk fast, treat people bluntly & rudely (as demonstrated on TMS) so as to blitz through a delivery schedule, you are somehow unique?? A jillion men & women can do that!
Look how many people have been - and are getting laid off - but you brag about a 4 hr day for such overpay?? You and MGMT and UAW are out of reality. Middle America from ebay, to brick and mortar, pay those fees. So you can live so high on the hog for a lame butt 4 hr day route job?? You're killing me Joe!

It's not like route sales because regardless of your (allegedly) uncle monkey - after thousands of years - one fact remains... (assuming you even get this lol)
You can't teach a dog to hunt. Period.
Go home early Joe - you aren't capable of a full route.

You're still confused, it's not a 4 hour route, it's a 13 hour route and that's what ups pays me. You couldn't do my route on your best day in 11 hours.
I'd be that with the same years there I could match what you do...but you couldn't expect someone without the experience to compete.

NOT ON YOUR BEST DAY. I don't get award after award after award at Ups for nothing pal. There's not a driver in the district that can touch my work production, not one. I do the work of 2 drivers and you think you can hang with me. I laugh

So by your logic, all the drivers clocking out at 7:00 pm are better drivers. Paul's driver is a better driver than me. Hahahahaha drivers that take 12 hours to deliver 130 stops hahahbetter than me hahahahaha I can deliver 130 stops by noon and wave at them when I'm driving home while they're on stop number 32
I'd bet I could find someone but again...apples to apples as far as knowing the area, etc. You are not the ONLY person in the world capable of great things.

On this same attitude you have taken though....you couldn't do what I do on YOUR best day either. I can replace a clutch in a '95 Mustang in less than 30 minutes from the time I get in the car to pull it in the shop to the time to pull it out....but that comes from experience of doing so many. Maybe if you had my experience you could try to come close. I can do a heater core in a fox Mustang in under 2 hours....it's an 8 hour job in the book. I can do a fuel pump in less than 15 minutes....less than 4 minutes in an S197

Charlie I really hate to take up for Joe but I have to. You are telling him that he should time his job out to last 11hrs if that's what his pay is based upon? I've worked on both sides of the argument. I worked a commission only mechanic job for over 10 years. Put in 50-60hrs a week, work late even weekends when the shop was closed to maybe squeeze 40 if I'm lucky. Go to work for 9 hrs and get paid for 2 because lack of business. Now on the other side of the spectrum, I get paid better money to just be here for 12hrs and maybe only do real work for 2hrs. And get paid for every minute that I am here. The same thing goes for non-union jobs just like mine. You agree to take a job for a certain pay and do that job in a certain amount of time. I don't see how finishing early is doing your company an injustice.
If Joe wants to bust his **** every day to gain 3 hours per day then that's his decision and his early grave. I still think we are missing some information here that is pertinent like pickups and flat rate or not.

No. I like to travel its fun going on road trips or flying. Get out of your box every now and then Joey... There's more out there then just CA
Yes there is!

Need five good reasons why ford is better than chevy...my sister's looking at new cars. Go!
1) They didn't take a bailout
2) They didn't take a bailout
3) They didn't take a bailout
4) They didn't take a bailout
5) They didn't take a bailout

OH, Joe...my local route is 123 miles(less than 10 highway, rest is rural) and 95-100 stops. My former driver could do 120-150 stops on the same route. They reduced this guys numbers because he couldn't handle the same level the former driver did.

Good morning everyone!

Last edited by svopaul; 10/24/12 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10/24/12, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by phiggs54

I wanted to leave room for others to contribute

I think Paul just captured the whole stupidity of last nights conversation. Next person who mentions UPS and Joe in the same post gets

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast