Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/12, 11:30 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey Al, Social D is coming to NOLA 11/14 with Lindi.
Old 6/4/12, 11:38 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Really? That's awesome! I'm there. Thanks for the heads up Nate.
Old 6/4/12, 11:51 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That probably made his day after what he just went through with Oprah
Old 6/4/12, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by lalayla
That probably made his day after what he just went through with Oprah
I'm a little better now. Still nervous about matching the finish but I'm ok. Lol. Just gotta figure out when I will bring it in to get fixed now.
Old 6/4/12, 12:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Went get a repair estimate on my fender. The painter made me feel pretty confident that he can repair it without going into the flames. Under $500 which is nice too.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I'm excited. I'm going to look at a bike in a couple days in my range that appears to be quite nice It needs a battery and the back brake cable broke. Nothin too expensive, so if it all checks out good, she's comin' home with me!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2973450437.html
...... "i have for sell a 1992 suzuki gs500.. "
Old 6/4/12, 12:11 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Went get a repair estimate on my fender. The painter made me feel pretty confident that he can repair it without going into the flames. Under $500 which is nice too.
I hope he can fix it for ya

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I'm excited. I'm going to look at a bike in a couple days in my range that appears to be quite nice It needs a battery and the back brake cable broke. Nothin too expensive, so if it all checks out good, she's comin' home with me!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2973450437.html
Be careful young one!

Nice knowing you buddy.
Old 6/4/12, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Be careful young one!
Old 6/4/12, 01:26 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good news, sure it will turn out great.
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I'll let you know how they are in August with Korn!
Old 6/4/12, 03:06 PM
Service Manager

Received 439 Likes on 216 Posts
Got to Pikesville without killing anyone....although I was REALLY tempted...I think 695 should be renamed "The Stupid ring"....99.9999% of the drivers out there are freakin idiots!
Old 6/4/12, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by svopaul
Got to Pikesville without killing anyone....although I was REALLY tempted...I think 695 should be renamed "The Stupid ring"....99.9999% of the drivers out there are freakin idiots!
So Paul. You have too many cool stangs. Which one is the more fun car to drive? For me, a mustang is all about how fun a ride it is. Which one maybe not even your own is the most fun driving model?
Old 6/4/12, 04:06 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Where in Pikesville did you go?
Old 6/4/12, 04:08 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

So Paul. You have too many cool stangs. Which one is the more fun car to drive? For me, a mustang is all about how fun a ride it is. Which one maybe not even your own is the most fun driving model?
I got money on the boss ls with track key as his answer. Never seen him so giddy over a car before
Old 6/4/12, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scothew

I got money on the boss ls with track key as his answer
I've driven a boss, newer GT, GT500 and that 05-up body style just isn't as thrilling a ride as a really strong fox or new edge. Too refined for my taste. Just wondering though since he is in all of them a lot.
Old 6/4/12, 04:18 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I've driven a boss, newer GT, GT500 and that 05-up body style just isn't as thrilling a ride as a really strong fox or new edge. Too refined for my taste. Just wondering though since he is in all of them a lot.
I'm interested to hear his answer as well.
Old 6/4/12, 04:24 PM

I'm interested to hear his answer as well.
My little notch was more fun to drive than even my cobra. Wasn't close to as fast but just way too fun. I've said this before but they just too all of the danger factor out of the mustang in recent years. Not to say it wasn't really needed. Dang fox GT was a squirrelly ride.
Old 6/4/12, 04:26 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

My mytstic was a blast. The r was everything I wanted my cobra to be but on roids. I can't own one cause I'd drive it daily
Old 6/4/12, 05:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm guessing Paul may say one of the SVO's
Old 6/4/12, 07:23 PM
Service Manager

Well I guess the reason I have mutiple cars is because each one does something completely different for me. It is all about a fun ride but not all Mustangs are the same and offer different things...for example my SVO and my 87 LX are both Fox bodies...the cars are very similar but both are completely different animals....if I want to take a drive on twisty roads then the SVO is the immidiate choice...but if I want to just cruise, play at traffic lights or just fry the tires then the LX is the choice. Each model/style offer something different...What I don't like about the S197 cars is the disconnect feeling due to the throttle by wire and remote mounted shifter...for me that takes away from the driving experience and even the Boss LS I don't care for the feeling of the shifter. The 2000 R really keeps the raw machine interaction with the driver. Early Mustangs are different too...a 65 is like a tin can as far as ride feel, 67 got better and 69 got better....71 just got too big and the II...well, we won't go there. The Fox Mustang is the essence of pocket rocket...sure the new Mustangs make more power but there is nothing that compares to the flexi flier Fox body and just the machine/driver interaction. The SN95 got more fluffy to me and less room. The ONLY S197 I think I'd like to have is the Boss.....I guess favorites could fall into categories...nothing compares to the look of an early fastback but they ride like tin cans compared to newer ones....for bang for the buck and fun the Fox body wins out for me.

Currently I think my favorite as far as driving if I was DRIVING is going to be the Boss LS...I would pick the '00 Cobra R but it's just not as comfortable as the Boss...the Boss LS is faster and handles better... I love my Fox Daily Driver...by far the most bullet proof Mustang, the SVO is a blast to drive too and is like driving a go cart compared to the heavier S197 body cars.

So as you can see that's a tough question....if all the Mustangs were very similar then I'd probably just have one....but with so much difference between models, that's why I have so many.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Where in Pikesville did you go?
At the in laws over near Seven Mile

I got money on the boss ls with track key as his answer. Never seen him so giddy over a car before
Probably when it boils down to it but it's also new to me and I haven't spent a lot of time behind the wheel...so realistically that could change. The R is a top contender but there are some things I would change on it.

I agree...they are taking away from the actual driving experience...it's a machine and there should be certain things that should still remind you it's a Muscle Car.

My mytstic was a blast. The r was everything I wanted my cobra to be but on roids. I can't own one cause I'd drive it daily
Not in Alabama without A/C you wouldn't
Old 6/4/12, 07:30 PM

I expected that politician answer. I understand it's like saying what kid is your favorite. Lol
If you sold everything and only bought 1 mustang, what would it be? Hypothetical answer. I really want 4 right now but what's the ONE?
Old 6/4/12, 07:34 PM
Service Manager

I expected that politician answer. I understand it's like saying what kid is your favorite. Lol
If you sold everything and only bought 1 mustang, what would it be? Hypothetical answer. I really want 4 right now but what's the ONE?
It's not a political answer....you'd have to walk in my shoes to understand. But ok....if only one I would take a 69 Boss 302 clone with a griggs gr350 suspension and 2012 laguna seca drivetrain....that would do it for me.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast