Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/12 | 09:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Well I don't know whether to be perplexed, or irritated after seeing this commercial. Uncle Ted, the Motor City Madman, Mr. red, white and blue, hunt it kill it and eat it is either really hard up for cash, isn't as patriotic as he proclaims, or he doesn't own the rights to one of his best songs.

Stanglehold in a freakin' VW commercial.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdb_CpZooQ

I have to admit I do get a chuckle out of the used car salesman with the Camaro.
That commercial is cool until the last 5 seconds.

That dude is what is wrong with this country. ****ing pantywaist.
Old 1/24/12 | 12:05 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

She has that look on her face like she did something wrong.
She is very intense. After 8 yrs, I still haven't found the off button. lol
Old 1/24/12 | 06:53 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by cdynaco
She is very intense. After 8 yrs, I still haven't found the off button. lol
That's the same look my dog has when she wants something. She will sit at the door like that looking at you when she wants you to go out and play with her.

So, I feel bad for my youngest that's in basic training. He didn't pass his PT test (the push-ups portion). The running and sit-ups is fine, no problems with that, but he has to do 42 push-ups in 2 minutes and he hasn't hit it yet. He is one of those that has really, really strong legs but not as much upper body strength. If he can't do it, they will recycle him and put him in a different Company which will graduate later, which will suck big time. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to quickly improve on push-ups?
Old 1/24/12 | 06:59 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

P90x? Idk really I just know its gonna take some weight training.

Btw morning all, good lord I am tired and my body doesn't want to move
Old 1/24/12 | 07:07 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Scott, unfortunately none of that is an option while in basic training. I didn't really know what to tell him other than to just drop every hour or two, starting with 20 and do 1 more each time to help try to build the muscle. Also to switch his hand positions when he does it to work on different muscle groups.
Old 1/24/12 | 07:14 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by Scothew
P90x? Idk really I just know its gonna take some weight training.

Btw morning all, good lord I am tired and my body doesn't want to move
Scott, unfortunately none of that is an option while in basic training. I didn't really know what to tell him other than to just drop every hour or two, starting with 20 and do 1 more each time to help try to build the muscle. Also to switch his hand positions when he does it to work on different muscle groups.
I did Insanity for a month and then started running again and my stamina was much better after doing that crazy program. It was really insanity though. Lol

And good morning TMS
Old 1/24/12 | 07:26 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Totally forgot about this. Started it out awhile back and definitely made progress but I got lazy lol.

http://hundredpushups.com/ it works pretty good.
Old 1/24/12 | 08:01 AM
INKY

That's the same look my dog has when she wants something. She will sit at the door like that looking at you when she wants you to go out and play with her.

So, I feel bad for my youngest that's in basic training. He didn't pass his PT test (the push-ups portion). The running and sit-ups is fine, no problems with that, but he has to do 42 push-ups in 2 minutes and he hasn't hit it yet. He is one of those that has really, really strong legs but not as much upper body strength. If he can't do it, they will recycle him and put him in a different Company which will graduate later, which will suck big time. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to quickly improve on push-ups?
Repetition is great. I've always been good on the push-ups and not so much with sit-ups. Hit them hard for a month and maxed them on my last test. Our sit-ups and push-ups are one minute, but to max the push ups it is 54 in that minute. Doing push-ups every hour should really help.

And Good Morning everyone!
Old 1/24/12 | 09:06 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Heres a couple of pics.. one is before we started cutting anything, the second is our beater explorer and my MIL's van that was under all that. Lots more tree's and damage in teh area, just only things I took pics of.

I think this all took place in about a 4-5min span of us pulling up and getting into the storm shelter and then it was over.
Wow Scott. i am glad that is all the damage there was. Vehicles are replaceable people are not.

Ok I say just have him work at them in different positions. The easiest position is the wide arm push-up. Also another that will help him out is the elevated push-up. When I would work on mine when I was in I would also do them slowly and actually go all the way to the floor and back up. Of course not bouncing off the floor either.

How much time does he have left of Basic Training??
Old 1/24/12 | 10:24 AM
legacy Tms Member

google up or youtube " violinist mimmics cell phone ring during concert " funny stuff sorta ..
Old 1/24/12 | 12:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Even the freakin' sun is trying to kill us. Maybe we should classify it as an enemy combatant.

http://www.space.com/14335-huge-sola...tic-storm.html
Old 1/24/12 | 12:30 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Totally forgot about this. Started it out awhile back and definitely made progress but I got lazy lol.

http://hundredpushups.com/ it works pretty good.
Thanks, I printed some of the info with the sets and how many to see if he can work on them.

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Repetition is great. I've always been good on the push-ups and not so much with sit-ups. Hit them hard for a month and maxed them on my last test. Our sit-ups and push-ups are one minute, but to max the push ups it is 54 in that minute. Doing push-ups every hour should really help.

And Good Morning everyone!
In the beginning they are 1-1-1 and now they are at the 2-2-2 portion. 54 is a lot in one minute! I wrote in my last letter....reps, reps, reps, reps, reps, even when you don't want to, to do it until it he's quivering and burning.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Wow Scott. i am glad that is all the damage there was. Vehicles are replaceable people are not.

Ok I say just have him work at them in different positions. The easiest position is the wide arm push-up. Also another that will help him out is the elevated push-up. When I would work on mine when I was in I would also do them slowly and actually go all the way to the floor and back up. Of course not bouncing off the floor either.

How much time does he have left of Basic Training??
He is scheduled for graduation Feb 24th (with family day on the 23rd) I'd rather not wait til the last minute to know if he's being recycled or not. I hope he's really pushing himself! This snail mail is killing me. I have a question....write it in a letter....and have to wait about a week for a reply Hopefully he will be allowed to call home again this weekend!

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 1/24/12 at 12:32 PM.
Old 1/24/12 | 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, I printed some of the info with the sets and how many to see if he can work on them.

In the beginning they are 1-1-1 and now they are at the 2-2-2 portion. 54 is a lot in one minute! I wrote in my last letter....reps, reps, reps, reps, reps, even when you don't want to, to do it until it he's quivering and burning.
That's pretty much what I'm doing for prep...along with a lot of running that I've always done....and starting out I was pushing 50 in one minute...but the second minute never is as successful haha..
Old 1/24/12 | 01:04 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

even when you don't want to, to do it until it he's quivering and burning.
I wish I could find a woman with that attitude......

Old 1/24/12 | 01:24 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by Shelby08
That's pretty much what I'm doing for prep...along with a lot of running that I've always done....and starting out I was pushing 50 in one minute...but the second minute never is as successful haha..
Glad we only do them for a minute. I have tested with Navy folks when I was working with them and thought the 2 minutes was overkill. Yet another reason I joined the Air Force, lol. Never been much of a runner so the 1.5 miles is another weak point for me. Even when I was running regularly my time didn't get much better.
Old 1/24/12 | 02:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Did I miss something, did you join the service (if so, which branch?)?

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I wish I could find a woman with that attitude......

I always do it even if I don't want to. It's pretty much my motto
Old 1/24/12 | 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Glad we only do them for a minute. I have tested with Navy folks when I was working with them and thought the 2 minutes was overkill. Yet another reason I joined the Air Force, lol. Never been much of a runner so the 1.5 miles is another weak point for me. Even when I was running regularly my time didn't get much better.
I do believe army is the full 2 minutes right??

along with 2 miles of running...

Did I miss something, did you join the service (if so, which branch?)?

I always do it even if I don't want to. It's pretty much my motto
I'm about to enlist Army...heading to MEPS on Thursday
Old 1/24/12 | 02:38 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I do believe army is the full 2 minutes right??

along with 2 miles of running...

I'm about to enlist Army...heading to MEPS on Thursday
HOOAH! MOS?
Old 1/24/12 | 02:41 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Hola
Old 1/24/12 | 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

HOOAH! MOS?
31B

Military Police.

I'll just be reserves until I finish up all of my school then hopefully have a smooth transition to active duty...I've heard it can be a real ***** sometimes.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast