Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/12, 07:31 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Aww to that
Old 5/24/12, 07:34 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

What are his symptoms? We still aren't sure if my oldest had them or not. The doc said it was either a really mild case or not chicken pox at all. My youngest never had them.
Fever and some spots...his sitter got shingles last week so that why we worry
Old 5/24/12, 07:37 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Wow scothew, I never felt so left out in my life
Old 5/24/12, 07:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
i ask about a mustang for once and no one answers....wth

Old 5/24/12, 07:44 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

A bunch of punched puppies
Old 5/24/12, 07:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

noooooooo not the puppies
Old 5/24/12, 07:53 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Squirrel
Old 5/24/12, 07:54 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I gotz more beer delivered!!!
Old 5/24/12, 07:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

a squirell did bite me once....so yes punt the squirells!
Old 5/24/12, 07:55 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by lalayla
A bunch of punched puppies
That was yesterday, get with the program!

Still my BFF
Old 5/24/12, 07:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
I gotz more beer delivered!!!
You better share!!
Old 5/24/12, 07:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerseygirl

ok i have to ask, anyone else never heard of one of these??? http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3031715209.html
Just a bullitt with a saleen kit on it.
Old 5/24/12, 07:59 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by ford20
You better share!!
Room 645, lol
Old 5/24/12, 08:02 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Gr8 post Scott! Very thoughtful and touching.
I love being apart of this awesome mustang site, it's been a good time getting to know everyone.

And yea I hate Amie when she posts beach pics! Super jelly

Edit: housewives of Houston! Ya I need to start a show

Last edited by NinjaSteffers; 5/24/12 at 08:04 PM.
Old 5/24/12, 08:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

ok i have to ask, anyone else never heard of one of these??? http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3031715209.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...#ht_592wt_1165
Old 5/24/12, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Room 645, lol
If you promise you don't look anything like your profile picture I may have to take you up on that offer
Old 5/24/12, 08:04 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Fever and some spots...his sitter got shingles last week so that why we worry
Dang, well I hope he doesn't get them.
Old 5/24/12, 08:12 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

a squirell did bite me once....so yes punt the squirells!
I have ago been bitten by a squirrel :/

That was yesterday, get with the program!

Still my BFF
Hmmm... I'm the only one who made that up so I say it when I want... :P

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Gr8 post Scott! Very thoughtful and touching.
I love being apart of this awesome mustang site, it's been a good time getting to know everyone.

And yea I hate Amie when she posts beach pics! Super jelly

Edit: housewives of Houston! Ya I need to start a show
You know you love them! :P
Old 5/24/12, 08:14 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Here's my 15k post, and what I promised. Let it be known I held back a bunch

Good evening ladies and gents.

It's been quite some time since I had the pleasure of meeting Brad Barnett and through that friendship, lead me to this point nearly a decade later. He created a site to host photos of the 2005 concept, with all the traffic those photos received, we decided to install a forum since I had experience with it, thus creating a small fraction of the automotive universe that has turned into the monster you all enjoy on a daily basis.

I have spent years' worth of time invested into this place with merely the satisfaction of knowing a community of intelligent conversation was taking place before my eyes, resulting in an information sharing resource that rivals sites that have been around much longer. I have fought with vendors, web host, hardware crashes, huge data losses, members and all along the site has prevailed. The community we have built here has always been strong, tight knit, positive and intelligent. Without our members, we would never have made it as far as we have.

Probably the biggest thing I have gained from my involvement in a community such as this is the variety of people from all walks of life I have met. I've met everyone from directors at Ford to a garbage dude from NYC. All with the same enthusiasm that started this site in to begin with.

Over the years, members have come and go. Some more influential in the sites day to day happenings, some more involved in the tech areas and some that just blatantly add nothing of value. I have made many friends here, many from each of the previously mentioned categories, ones that have become to know the real me, a few that have had a profound effect on my life, and a select few that I wish I could put in the bottom of a large body of water with rope and cinder blocks. All in all, I would not change a bit of it.

After 4 years of growth, in August of 2008, a thread was born. Mustangs Coast to Coast. This thread was sponsored by the one and only Gary, a man at the time who had one Mustang to his name, he was slowly but surely becoming invested in that one car. But apparently he became bored and with his bawler cash flow, decided he needed a few more... we all know what happened from there. An R here, a couple of fox bodies there, an SVT for his daily driver, popped out a few more kids, and is now awaiting his newest addition in the form of a Shelby just because he can. Ive seriously determined the guy is OCD about everything and frankly people like that need to be locked up and their money dumped into the national debt, literally it would knock a chunk of it off.

With the formation of MCTC, others were involved in the start. Mahn was an initiate; no one realized it was more of us getting in bed with the mafia. At the time he didn't even have a Mustang, just an extreme love for them and a healthy appetite, the two are not related. Nathan was also brought into the fold, as probably the youngest and most impressionable member of MCTC. This could have turned out to be disastrous, in the form of us directing him from a young, humble, car loving boy into a degenerate much like his forum father Lee. Luckily Nathan has been smart enough to ignore us and our indiscretions, therefore remaining pure. I expect him to snap any day now and blow us all away.

Speaking of the father figure, Lee, I really cannot say much in regards to this man. He is a man of mystery to an extent, keeping to himself with the exception of the occasional ninja post that brings much humor to our threads. The only true thing we know about him is the fact his liver is probably sitting in a jar on a shelf in a science lab, soaking up the embalming fluid and fermenting it into an alcoholic beverage only strong enough for Viking Gods and of course Lee himself. Cheers to you Mr. Insane Tolerance Man, this bud's for you.

Keeping everything in check has been the ever so wise Mama Jill. The soft spoken, finger wielding GT/CS driver, from the North, that in all honestly should be living in the Deep South. She has been the voice of reason time and time again and has an uncanny knack of telling us when we are idiots and making us feel good about it.

Occasionally we have the visit from Cody; our resident Christian DJ that makes us feel better about life and is frequently reminding us that we really can do whatever want if we put our mind to it.

And out of the original crew, we most certainly cannot forget Arin. He came to us as a mere 14yr old I believe, we watched him grow and prosper into a bumbling college idiot who posed on the hood of his Mustang II, and was proud of it. Even with his questionable morals, he became part of the staff due to his loyalty to the site and well I think we felt bad for him. He stops in for a visit every now and then, most likely between Benny Lava video shoots.

Time went on in the thread, members came and went, and we continued to strive and laugh and have a good time poking each other. Diana found us somehow, from the depths of the Jersey sun, and with that we had never been poked so many times in our lives. Lab rats sat back and laughed at us. Fear Factor now has a challenge involving you dressing up in a blue circle and seeing how many times you can be hit with a stick by some fat dude in a yellow ball suit before you go crazy. Rumor has it, that challenge is only filmed in NJ.

One day out of the blue, an influx of members that all seemed to know one another showed up. The intro forum blew up and I wondered what I had done wrong in life. Apparently a falling out in ME resulted in some members finding a new home. They came in a swarm, catching us off guard, making us take a step back to regroup and make sure we held strong to our foundation of what TMS stands for.

We stood firm and slowly but surely the new crowd mixed their way into the TMS family. Of course there were a few bumps along the way resulting in some interesting PM's and of course the MCTC 2.0 (CFV) thread over in the off-topic forums. With this we gained the likes of a varied array of members. From the form of Tbone, a young man who has the smarts to do whatever he wants in this world but is a bit too stubborn to actually realize the old people have a clue about what they are talking about. We also gained Steffers in this process, a crazy proud Texan with a Real Housewives of Houston persona. We cannot forget Joe, he wouldn't let us honestly. He'd argue the fact he was even online at any given point if you questioned him on it, why you ask, purely for the sake of arguing; it's what they do in Cali. Less we not forget Al. Our resident smooth talker who thinks he's the womanizer of the century, when we all know he's completely whipped by his wife. His best chance of scoring an extra marital something is most likely at Cafe?-LaFitte-In-Exile. Rounding out this equation of proverbial outcast is Lalayla. Sassy, sweet, and overall crazy goofy chick that is so immersed in the Mustang communities, she's made a career of it. For those of us inland, we sometimes loathe her due to the beach bum lifestyle she loves to throw in our faces on a regular basis.

With the release of the Boss Mustang's brought a whole new group of members to the site. Most of them kept within their respective pack in the Boss forums, but a couple of brave souls decided to venture out in search of other social interaction. We gained from this the likes of Patrick and Erich. Patrick is ok, really he is. Granted he hardly post so it's hard to say anything about a person that's invisible. Erich on the other hand; our tattooed friend currently in Hitler-land serving in the Air Force, makes us question if our armed service branches really have standards they adhere to.

Overall the site wouldn't be what it is without its members. It keeps things moving, sometimes for the best, sometimes to where it makes me bang my head on the wall. Regardless TMS is its members. Even that crazy group that's showed up recently that makes the Jersey Shore look like an episode of Little House on the Prairie.

Since 2004, this site has been a passion of mine. With my 15,000th official post on TMS, I want to give a sincere thank you to all of the members who have made it what it is.
Wow. Congrats Scott.
Old 5/24/12, 08:19 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Originally Posted by lalayla

I have ago been bitten by a squirrel :/

Hmmm... I'm the only one who made that up so I say it when I want... :P

You know you love them! :P
I do! But man you make me hate you this weekend would've been a perfect one to head over and visit you.. Too bad my grandparents anniversary party is this Saturday

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast