Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/12, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I do expect my C/T to change, now that the site is attempting to stomp out sexual harassment or is that just for the ladies sake, Scott?
Old 4/18/12, 11:07 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will also try to keep my off color humor in check.
Old 4/18/12, 11:07 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Nope it was a global statement. The fact you love a food bi-product is purely non-related.

and for the record, this isnt confession. you dont have to post anything and im certainly not asking you to. If you got a question or anything, you can pm me.
Old 4/18/12, 11:08 AM
Banned

I'm sure glad there is a double standard.
Old 4/18/12, 11:09 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I do expect my C/T to change, now that the site is attempting to stomp out sexual harassment or is that just for the ladies sake, Scott?
no way wienerboy.
Old 4/18/12, 11:10 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

there, just so i dont have to listen to it.

It's for hot dogs!!!
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I miss Mustang talk. It would be great to read more in-depth stuff on mctc and the sub forums as well. I'd love to read about tuning and rebuilds etc. There are some great mechanics on here - if they'll speak up.

But the challenge is hardly any of the newer buyers seem to be gear heads. I'm surprised they know how to start the car. One guy wrote this morning he is scared to death of the "noise" from an OHC doing its fantastic OHC thing. Geez.

As for the mindless chatter like fb, there are now about 6-10 threads that are going. Sadly, so many members hardly post, that it has gotten to the point "at least somebody is posting something" - even if its fb stuff. The site crawls for posts and then these are about all that get regular action.
And an occasional adult innuendo doesn't bother me at all and sometimes makes for a good chuckle, but sometimes it goes on for pages.

And this is also why I often hang in the political threads. At least many times that has some in-depth discussion that stimulates the brain (though some newer ones have been ridiculous snipers lately that can't even post a coherent thought so they're wrecking that too).

Also lately, we get these 1post wonders that come here as a newbie simply to post their gripe about Ford. No 'hi', no taking the time to blend in with the tms fam, just post your gripe and then they're gone. I swear I smell camaro5 rats just trying to feed search engines on negative stuff about Ford Mustang.

The core membership has deep mechanical knowledge. Look at stuff Taco Bill and POTR used to post. How do we get them to post again? Often and regularly? Since Ford has moved aggressively into social media, how about some solid posts from their team (like they used to allow on occasion)?
Stimulate my mechanical mind - please!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/18/12 at 11:13 AM.
Old 4/18/12, 11:13 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Just trying to get back to car talk here
Old 4/18/12, 11:16 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by HOSS429
well goodbye then ....
Here you've had & have some great stangs, have mechanical knowledge, and you think we give a crap about your midlife crisis exploits?

Share your Mustang knowledge bro. Remember - a ton of stuff was lost in the 09 Labor Day crash. Why not repost some of the engine builds you've done or been around?

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/18/12 at 11:17 AM.
Banned

I live on the west coast and drive a blue mustang.

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Just trying to get back to car talk here
You're crazy!
Old 4/18/12, 11:22 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You're crazy!
Your just jealous

Well good night yall and see you tomorrow
Old 4/18/12, 11:25 AM
Post *****

What about SVO Paul? Doesn't he know mechanic/race stuff too? Where'd he go? I see evil capri doing his mod thing but wasn't he also mechanic/race related somewhat? Where's the core "Brad team" that runs in Mustang build/race circles that many of us would love to read and learn!

Maybe Scott you could do a broadcast pm to some of the earlier guys and see what they're up to - and if they aren't building now, how about reposting things they've done in the past that were lost in the crash. Just a thought.

Its a team effort to make a forum interesting and relevant. How about pullin some of that in-depth Mustang knowledge off the bench and getting them on the field again??
Old 4/18/12, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I miss Mustang talk. It would be great to read more in-depth stuff on mctc and the sub forums as well. I'd love to read about tuning and rebuilds etc. There are some great mechanics on here - if they'll speak up.

But the challenge is hardly any of the newer buyers seem to be gear heads. I'm surprised they know how to start the car. One guy wrote this morning he is scared to death of the "noise" from an OHC doing its fantastic OHC thing. Geez.

As for the mindless chatter like fb, there are now about 6-10 threads that are going. Sadly, so many members hardly post, that it has gotten to the point "at least somebody is posting something" - even if its fb stuff. The site crawls for posts and then these are about all that get regular action. And an occasional adult innuendo doesn't bother me at all and sometimes makes for a good chuckle, but sometimes it goes on for pages.

And this is also why I often hang in the political threads. At least many times that has some in-depth discussion that stimulates the brain (though some newer ones have been ridiculous snipers lately that can't even post a coherent thought so they're wrecking that too).

Also lately, we get these 1post wonders that come here as a newbie simply to post their gripe about Ford. No 'hi', no taking the time to blend in with the tms fam, just post your gripe and then they're gone. I swear I smell camaro5 rats just trying to feed search engines on negative stuff about Ford Mustang.

The core membership has deep mechanical knowledge. Look at stuff Taco Bill and POTR used to post. How do we get them to post again? Often and regularly? Since Ford has moved aggressively into social media, how about some solid posts from their team (like they used to allow on occasion)? Stimulate my mechanical mind - please!!
I hear ya Charlie. I like the tech threads sometimes too but the app will bury them pretty quick when off topic is going strong. And yeah a lot more new mustang buyers show up here with no intentions but cosmetics. Look at my car threads all day long. Seen one mustang seen them all until something really different shows up. I like to think I've made some friends here. It's the Internet so you can't count on much. Lots of phonies on the net but most of you guys seem fairly legit. I don't FB so this is my refuge from reality.
Old 4/18/12, 11:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

What about SVO Paul? Doesn't he know mechanic/race stuff too? Where'd he go? I see evil capri doing his mod thing but wasn't he also mechanic/race related somewhat? Where's the core "Brad team" that runs in Mustang build/race circles that many of us would love to read and learn!

Maybe Scott you could do a broadcast pm to some of the earlier guys and see what they're up to - and if they aren't building now, how about reposting things they've done in the past that were lost in the crash. Just a thought.

Its a team effort to make a forum interesting and relevant. How about pullin some of that in-depth Mustang knowledge off the bench and getting them on the field again??

stuff i am already working on Charlie
Old 4/18/12, 11:27 AM
Post *****

Old 4/18/12, 11:34 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
. I don't FB so this is my refuge from reality.
I get that. So there's a few off topic chatter threads for mindless venting - I do it too. Can be fun.
Unfortunately now there are several and dominate the 'today's posts' most of the time. For like the last year maybe longer. With very little mechanic/race threads that are active.
Old 4/18/12, 11:38 AM

I get that. So there's a few off topic chatter threads for mindless venting - I do it too. Can be fun.
Unfortunately now there are several and dominate the 'today's posts' most of the time. For like the last year maybe longer. With very little mechanic/race threads that are active.
Yeah MCTC seems like a chatter and good morning thread. Thought that was the point of this thread. Street racing is shunned upon and unfortunately that's where the race action is happening these days. Can't share kill stories so there goes my race stories. Lol
Old 4/18/12, 11:58 AM
Post *****

Remember when Hajek racing was running a test lap and Brad or somebody that knew the right people were allowed in and posted that video? I've searched and searched and can't find it now. But I watched that over and over again. Just hearing the sound of that engine as he'd open it up would give me chills.
Stuff like that was cool and TMS was heads above. No one else had that. Would have liked to learn more about the setup and stuff to besides the vid but the vid was awesome!

This is what I'm talkin about!! Now tell me what you guys are doing to that monster!!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast