Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/11, 05:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
BFGoodrich GForce Sports....oh wait...

/had to

Also, step back from the ledge on the college thing man. Yee doth stress too much. Take a tip from me, pick a day just for doing nothing. I never ever do school work on Friday night and Saturday. Sleep in, have a little fun. Works wonders. Also, once that white stuff starts coming down, what else do you have to do anyway?
Old 9/6/11, 06:19 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
good morning everyone!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I keep telling myself that. I really want to just be finished already. I just absolutely hate how it eats away at my life though. It's not so much going to school that I hate (though it is a pain), it's all the homework and other crap you have to do. I procrastinate like the world is coming to an end, and it just weighs me down so much. It just sucks away at my life. It's like going into a school coma. 15 weeks where all you're allowed to think about is school, while the rest of the world moves on without you. Plus our house is torn apart because we're remodeling the kitchen and I just can't function. It's all driving me nuts. Plus I wanted to finish the garage before school started and now I don't know when I'm gonna have the time to work on it. And it's not like I can just leave it the way it is right now.

Good luck getting back into school. Hopefully you can find something that works for you. I feel the same way about starting somewhere fresh. I love MN (weather permitting), but there's so many people here that I'd just love to run away from. Too many jerks in my past and present. I don't think I could survive leaving though. And where I am now is better than a cardboard box somewhere else.
yes school eats away at your life but seriously get it done and over with, bc right now i just woke up and see everyones FB status of how they are going back to school and i am so wierdly jealous. it is rough nathan and i undertsnad that but just finish so your not sitting a year later like me regretting ever dropping out, im 22 and dont have a degree, thats just embarrasing

at this point i will be lucky if a school even accepts me, i dont want to go back to the county college i was going to, i want to see if i can get into a 4 year college but i will be seriously lucky to get in ...

nathan, my past is littered with people i want to get away from, people judge me before they get to know me and only say what they hear about me....would be so nice to get away to a new place where not a person knows anything about you and they just wont have to.....
Old 9/6/11, 07:51 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Can anyone recommend some good all season tires for the GT? The yokohamas I have now only lasted about 25k miles. Don't think they'll last much longer much less make it through the winter. I need something that'll work well in the snow (can't afford snow tires), but also do well in the summer. I guess it doesn't help much that a lot of you live in the south.
I think BFG A/T TA KO's come in your size

Or the M/T... I've seen those on Baja Bugs
Old 9/6/11, 07:52 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl

yes school eats away at your life but seriously get it done and over with, bc right now i just woke up and see everyones FB status of how they are going back to school and i am so wierdly jealous. it is rough nathan and i undertsnad that but just finish so your not sitting a year later like me regretting ever dropping out, im 22 and dont have a degree, thats just embarrasing

nathan, my past is littered with people i want to get away from, people judge me before they get to know me and only say what they hear about me....would be so nice to get away to a new place where not a person knows anything about you and they just wont have to.....
It's not embarrassing. Do you realize how many people have degrees in a field they know nothing about. To go to college without a clear sense of direction may just be pointless. Maybe going and knocking out 2 years of prerequisites while you're still deciding may be a better move. I put in a couple years and dropped out because I'm definitely not cut out for it. I know and accept my limits. Now I get the college educated pissed because my union job treats me better than a degree requiring job. Just decide what you want to do for a living first. Good luck.
Old 9/6/11, 07:59 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
BFGoodrich GForce Sports....oh wait...

/had to

Also, step back from the ledge on the college thing man. Yee doth stress too much. Take a tip from me, pick a day just for doing nothing. I never ever do school work on Friday night and Saturday. Sleep in, have a little fun. Works wonders. Also, once that white stuff starts coming down, what else do you have to do anyway?
I've tried to take friday nights off, but a lot of the time I have homework due online at midnight, so I find myself doing that instead. Nights are really the only time I have to work on hw, and usually I'll be up late working on it, and then have to wake up early the next day to go to class. Time management is definitely not a strong skill of mine.

at this point i will be lucky if a school even accepts me, i dont want to go back to the county college i was going to, i want to see if i can get into a 4 year college but i will be seriously lucky to get in ...

I'll be almost 23 by the time I get mine. And that's only if I finish in four years.

There has to be a school that will accept you. Just stay away from the insanely expensive snob schools.
Old 9/6/11, 08:32 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's not embarrassing. Do you realize how many people have degrees in a field they know nothing about. To go to college without a clear sense of direction may just be pointless. Maybe going and knocking out 2 years of prerequisites while you're still deciding may be a better move. I put in a couple years and dropped out because I'm definitely not cut out for it. I know and accept my limits. Now I get the college educated pissed because my union job treats me better than a degree requiring job. Just decide what you want to do for a living first. Good luck.
the issue is i have never ever thought about what i wanted to see as part of my future, i have a passion for real estate but the market currently is just terrible and i also have a passion of helping others so i might as well do something in the social work field. Long story short i am being forced into a college education due to my parents (another really long and annoying story i am NOT typing out here.)

thank you i will need all the luck i can get!

I've tried to take friday nights off, but a lot of the time I have homework due online at midnight, so I find myself doing that instead. Nights are really the only time I have to work on hw, and usually I'll be up late working on it, and then have to wake up early the next day to go to class. Time management is definitely not a strong skill of mine.

I'll be almost 23 by the time I get mine. And that's only if I finish in four years.

There has to be a school that will accept you. Just stay away from the insanely expensive snob schools.
i have a low GPA and low SAT scores, the reason why i went to the local county college is just so parents would leave me alone, and now that i am ready to go to college i dont think i will get accepted anywhere

oh heck no i live in a snobby town and snobby people and i sooo totally over it....need to find a good public school in a more down to earth area and seriously maybe get out of Jersey like i have planned for many years...
Old 9/6/11, 09:44 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a low GPA and low SAT scores, the reason why i went to the local county college is just so parents would leave me alone, and now that i am ready to go to college i dont think i will get accepted anywhere
You shouldn't let this bother you. It sounds to me like your on the right track. Go to a local Commmunity College/Jr. College for two years. Don't go for any specific degree, go for your core math, english, science and liberal arts classes that you'll need anywhere you go.

You will need to do some research and think about what you want to do and where you want to go. Then talk to both schools guidance/admission departments and find out what classes will transfer. Take 4 semesters of those classes. You'll have to work hard and get good grades giving you a good GPA. Then you can use that transcript along with your SAT scores and H.S. transcript to apply to the 4 year school you want. Getting good grades on those classes is very important because that's what will show them you are serious and are going to work hard.

It will take time, but take it from someone who took the 6 year plan himself. It is well worth having that degree in the long run no matter how long it take you to get there.

Most importantly get a degree in something you like and are interested in. This will make the expierence more enjoyable and you will do better. Most people end up with jobs not related to their major in college anyway. It's more important to have a paper that says you went to college and got a degree in something than what the degree is in. Just don't go crazy, you don't want to get a criminal justice degree if you want to be a nurse. That won't help you, but if you want to be a social worker, look for something related to that.

Last edited by 07S197; 9/6/11 at 09:47 AM.
Old 9/6/11, 09:54 AM

The cobra is out of the garage today
Will hit 45k miles today also.
Old 9/6/11, 10:48 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can anyone recommend some good all season tires for the GT? The yokohamas I have now only lasted about 25k miles. Don't think they'll last much longer much less make it through the winter. I need something that'll work well in the snow (can't afford snow tires), but also do well in the summer. I guess it doesn't help much that a lot of you live in the south.
Well also it doesnt help that they dont drive their stangs in bad weather

Like we alwasy tell Nathan...........

Move south I hear TN is really nice.
Old 9/6/11, 11:32 AM

Dammitt!
Attached Images   
Old 9/6/11, 11:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah, it sucks, but I bet driving it is awesome!
Old 9/6/11, 11:37 AM

Especially when it shows this.
Attached Images  
Old 9/6/11, 12:14 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Well also it doesnt help that they dont drive their stangs in bad weather

They get snow in TN every once in a while too don't they?

What are the pics of? I don't see them...
Old 9/6/11, 12:18 PM

They get snow in TN every once in a while too don't they?

What are the pics of? I don't see them...
Me in my wrestling tights. NSFW
Old 9/6/11, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Me in my wrestling tights. NSFW
No pics of that, PLEASE
Old 9/6/11, 01:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 07S197
You shouldn't let this bother you. It sounds to me like your on the right track. Go to a local Commmunity College/Jr. College for two years. Don't go for any specific degree, go for your core math, english, science and liberal arts classes that you'll need anywhere you go.

You will need to do some research and think about what you want to do and where you want to go. Then talk to both schools guidance/admission departments and find out what classes will transfer. Take 4 semesters of those classes. You'll have to work hard and get good grades giving you a good GPA. Then you can use that transcript along with your SAT scores and H.S. transcript to apply to the 4 year school you want. Getting good grades on those classes is very important because that's what will show them you are serious and are going to work hard.

It will take time, but take it from someone who took the 6 year plan himself. It is well worth having that degree in the long run no matter how long it take you to get there.

Most importantly get a degree in something you like and are interested in. This will make the expierence more enjoyable and you will do better. Most people end up with jobs not related to their major in college anyway. It's more important to have a paper that says you went to college and got a degree in something than what the degree is in. Just don't go crazy, you don't want to get a criminal justice degree if you want to be a nurse. That won't help you, but if you want to be a social worker, look for something related to that.
thanks for the advice and i will take it ...i am thinking i will finish my last semester in january or just transfer to a school elsewhere...

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

dirkamuffin, i think i have told you that i am thinking of applying to Austin Peay since it does have a great program
Old 9/6/11, 01:59 PM
Legacy Tms Member

^^ i seriously didn't need to see that while i am eating an early dinner
Old 9/6/11, 02:09 PM

^^ i seriously didn't need to see that while i am eating an early dinner
I have that same outfit. It's a little high on the hips though. Also requires extra shaving.
Old 9/6/11, 02:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

ew ew ew ew ew ew .....on that note i am so totally leaving for work.....ick
Old 9/6/11, 02:14 PM

ew ew ew ew ew ew .....on that note i am so totally leaving for work.....ick
Maybe I'll wear my hot pants over it instead of shaving.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast