Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/11, 09:22 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
If they had used a Camaro for those stunts the airbags would have went off!
Old 9/6/11, 09:26 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
plus the camaro is so fugly and the 5.0 is very very niceee
Old 9/6/11, 09:51 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
plus the camaro is so fugly and the 5.0 is very very niceee
this
Old 9/6/11, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Me too! I just saw the commercial on tv and had to look it up. Looks freakin awesome!

Even the back of that 5.0 looks good doesnt it Charlie?
Good job Gary. Now I don't have to spend 30.00 to go see it, since you posted a video of the whole darn movie.
Old 9/6/11, 10:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.cracked.com/funny-1069-un...tates-america/

This was pretty funny, and... somewhat accurate
Old 9/6/11, 10:17 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If they had used a Camaro for those stunts the airbags would have went off!
nice.
Old 9/6/11, 10:39 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Scott, I hope the power comes on before the SOA premier tonight
It didn't. I did however have our bedroom tv and satellite dish hooked up to the generator. non-hd and non-wide screen and just tv speaker audio. Gonna have to rewatch it all in HD and surround later on.
Old 9/7/11, 12:31 AM
Post *****

I've been thinking about getting them too, but I'm not sure I have enough room with where my K&N sits. I'm thinking even with gaps it has to look better than nothing there as it sits now.
Yes it looks a lot better. But not a factory finish - that should have been a no brainer for the manufacturer.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Freaking out about school. It's taking everything I have to not drop all my classes. It's like time is running out before I have to go to prison and I can't do everything I need/want to before I'm stuck in a cell the rest of my life.
Originally Posted by denlem
Right now employers are being extremely picky on who they hire. I spent 16 months laid off and couldn't find anything or any company that would take me, even though I was 99% compatible with what they were doing. I had/have 27 years experience in electronic manufacturing but that wasn't enuff because I didn't have soldering experience.

Now i'm working through a temp agency for the past year and i'm placed in the same company that laid me off for 40% less pay.

I've been to job fairs where there were 700+ people showing up for 50 jobs. It's crazy out there.
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's not embarrassing. Do you realize how many people have degrees in a field they know nothing about. To go to college without a clear sense of direction may just be pointless. Maybe going and knocking out 2 years of prerequisites while you're still deciding may be a better move. I put in a couple years and dropped out because I'm definitely not cut out for it. I know and accept my limits. Now I get the college educated pissed because my union job treats me better than a degree requiring job. Just decide what you want to do for a living first. Good luck.

FWIW, I chose to shortcut getting a degree after 2 yrs college. All my hs friends that had money and big houses and cars in hs, their dads were in sales. I had a goal for my life - making my own way living in the mountains and becoming financially independent waaay before retirement age - and college - (getting a degree for something no 20 year old can truly know what they want to do in their 40's, 50's, 60's...) - was delaying me. So I chose a career in sales - good sales, not hack sales - where you're always sort of an independent. But straight commission and I don't do well. Salary plus and I'm in the zone - I know my house pmt is going to be made, now I can run with some zeal for extra commish. And I only sold quality products that I believed in. A quality house always has to overcome the price house, but man you can sell with conviction when you have the best (or among the best) products. You won't get every sale - esp with the cheapskates - but my awards and plaques truly were an entire wall of fame because enough people appreciate and are willing to pay a bit more for a quality product, that you can succeed. I leveraged experience that into my self employment years also.
All companies are going to require you go through their training program and learn their way of doing things. So unless it's highly technical - which sales is learned by doing waaaaay more than theory out of a stinking book - a bachelors or masters in business isn't worth the paper its printed on. Your personal successful drive and track record speaks volumes to a hiring manager. So even though you start at the bottom, realize what you are working toward - the day when you walk in with a stud track record and a balanced degree of confidence to your interview.

I realize with the current unemployment situation that employers are extremely picky and sadly shuffle through paper degrees for what they assume is the choice one. But if you can build an actual work record - a success record, and then get in front of that hiring manager and lay it down, you're going to get hired over some piece of paper.

I tried hard but never made a 100k, because I wouldn't move to a population center. But I made a great living in sales in my rural area and lived my own life my way. I have heard since I'm not in the business anymore that my record (sales & customer svc) is a "legend" around town. lol 60-70+ hours M-F (that means some regular 15-16 hr days - no 40 hr union week in sales if you're hungry), tenacious focus on your goal, treat people like you want to be treated, treat the company's money (and the customer's) like its your own; and regardless of the pretty people with their fancy degrees - who never got around to doing anything... just be willing to out work their pompous butt.

So a degree isn't the end all by any means. But don't let that distract anyone if a degree is their focus.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/7/11 at 01:22 AM.
Old 9/7/11, 01:17 AM
Post *****

OK so... I'm not a thrower. My dad was and that is one of the things I deleted from my visual upbringing. But with hughes continued dropped packets, and getting worse, and dropped signal, my router usb receiver hit the wall. So I fired up the laptop like I said which was hardwired to the hughes modem. And I watched the hughes modem and saw it drop the signal and lose packets during 48 hrs of dang near non stop upgrading and cleaning the dell. Which means it wasn't my router (though I only got 2-3 out of 5 bars since day one). After all that work, the dell was slow as ever like I mentioned.
Knowing how I am, I would have kept messing with it thinking it could have got better. But my better judgement took over, and I murdered the laptop last night. I'm going to fill it full of bullets and send a pic to that POS Michael Dell. I'm 55, time is marching on, and I'm not going to keep futzing with a billionaire's crap product. I've got a ranch to run, a house to build, and a jillion other things to accomplish without wasting time on defective crud.
So now I'm surfing 3G wireless. I'm concerned over the 5GB monthly limit but its a 30 day trial. I can tell its a lot faster than hughes, but still not instantaneous. A tower is on the ridge above me so that's pretty good. I hardly ever get dropped calls anymore, so I'll be watching for dropped connections and packet loss. As usual, very little youtube and other fat downloads. But heck at least I'm back online. That was the first 24hr no access since 96. Actually I didn't make it a full 24 and I was laying down plastic. Sad isn't it? At least I enjoyed a good pizza and porter at the pub in my charliehorse mug while I was in town.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/7/11 at 01:57 AM.
Old 9/7/11, 01:29 AM
Post *****

Man what a show yesterday at the Big Go.
I'm so thankful for the old ABC Wide World of Sports where I got to see drag racing as a kid. And its cool that ESPN shows clip of those years.
But my two favorite top fuel drivers won. Go Antron and GO Zippy!! How cool that a tuner/driver in a Mustang took Indy!! Team Force dominates Indy!

Tasca gave em heck too!
Old 9/7/11, 01:29 AM
Post *****

**as usual, TMS is the site that hangs. I submitted the post below and the page hung and would not load. I had to open a separate tab to TMS and open the MCTC link and my post was there. But the original tab was still 'thinking' about uploading. So its not hughes, my wireless router, HP/Compaq, Dell, or USCell... its the tms server. But no one listens to me.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/7/11 at 01:58 AM.
Old 9/7/11, 03:40 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
59 degrees this morning. Damm this is nice. To bad I'm at work.
Old 9/7/11, 06:30 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
It didn't. I did however have our bedroom tv and satellite dish hooked up to the generator. non-hd and non-wide screen and just tv speaker audio. Gonna have to rewatch it all in HD and surround later on.
I didn't get to see it all, too tired. I think I turned the tv off around 11:10. I'll have to watch it all again tonight when I get home.

I'm really sad to see Rescue Me end tonight. I better grab some tissues, looks like a tear-jerker.
Old 9/7/11, 06:43 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Happy 21st Birthday, Nathan!!
Old 9/7/11, 06:46 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright! Legal drinking age! No more jailtime lol
Old 9/7/11, 07:21 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel old happy birthday
Old 9/7/11, 07:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy bday Nathan

Try and have at least one
Old 9/7/11, 07:44 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
59 degrees this morning. Damm this is nice. To bad I'm at work.
56 here. Wishing it was closer to 90.

Originally Posted by lalayla
I feel old happy birthday
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Happy bday Nathan

Try and have at least one
Thanks guys!
Old 9/7/11, 07:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
happy birthday!!