Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/11, 01:52 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I tell you what Lee and Joe. I like you both. But you act like my opinion of Shelby is a personal affront to the both of you.

Its honestly getting a little annoying. I'd rather just ignore the whole thing because it means so little. I've tried to explain it but it seems to only make it worse. All of you have made me sick of talking about it really.

Thank God and Jesus for Carroll Shelby. Where the **** would my life be without him?
Old 9/5/11, 01:54 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
All the Shelby hate seems to come from one thing, the mark up on price. That's not a very good reason to hate someone, especially when it's Ford setting the price after all. Maybe, just maybe it's a little Ford greed, maybe just a little?
Nah man. I personally don't like the Shelby trimmings. The seats are alright but just don't care for the styling. I still think that saleen had the only decent add on trim. Really don't care for roush either.
Old 9/5/11, 01:55 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I tell you what Lee and Joe. I like you both. But you act like my opinion of Shelby is a personal affront to the both of you.

Its honestly getting a little annoying. I'd rather just ignore the whole thing because it means so little. I've tried to explain it but it seems to only make it worse. All of you have made me sick of talking about it really.

Thank God and Jesus for Carroll Shelby. Where the **** would my life be without him?
I don't think that, I just don't see why there is so much hate for him. The dollar isn't a good reason too me.
Old 9/5/11, 01:56 AM

Thanks for bringing THAT up, I was born without one, I had to marry one.
An opinion or an ***hole?

Last edited by AlsCobra; 9/5/11 at 01:57 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 01:58 AM
Post *****

**** it! I give up.

Maybe I'll just stick with what Ive got. I obviously don't fit the mold to own one. I don't fit in anywhere here.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/5/11 at 02:01 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 01:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Nah man. I personally don't like the Shelby trimmings. The seats are alright but just don't care for the styling. I still think that saleen had the only decent add on trim. Really don't care for roush either.
Yeah Al but that's a rare reason, most say the dollar. There are some things Shelby that I definitely don't like the looks of.
Old 9/5/11, 01:59 AM
Banned

An opinion or an ***hole?
The a hole
Old 9/5/11, 02:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I agree, the Saleen body was beautiful on the S-197 cars. I almost bought one, but I just couldn't deal with the horrendous resale values. I'm a cheap bastard, and I couldn't deal with that kind of loss if I wanted to sell it. I took a bath on the SGT that just about killed me.
Old 9/5/11, 02:11 AM

Yeah Al but that's a rare reason, most say the dollar. There are some things Shelby that I definitely don't like the looks of.
Hey, if it costs $50k then that's what it costs. Mine was $40k new 8 years ago. Aluminum sc5.4L, better drivetrain, better interior. Worth the mark up with or without the Shelby name. The problem I have with it and the original gt500 is it was always was horsepower and too much trim and not as much performance taken into consideration. Back in the 60's, it was a rich mans mustang. The guys who just wanted to fly bought drag packs or gt350's. Which the 60's gt350 is still my favorite of all time. I'll take a 67 350 over a 500 any day. And only a Boss 429 is acceptable.
Old 9/5/11, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I agree, the Saleen body was beautiful on the S-197 cars. I almost bought one, but I just couldn't deal with the horrendous resale values. I'm a cheap bastard, and I couldn't deal with that kind of loss if I wanted to sell it. I took a bath on the SGT that just about killed me.
Yep. Especially because they were all based on the gt. Shelby had and still has SVT locked up for now.
Old 9/5/11, 02:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You take the internet too seriously. I've been a mod on several sites and it doesn't end well. I don't give a **** about Shelby, I just love my car, and there are members here who do as well. You have to put all of that aside and govern by the rules of the site, not your personal convictions. You have to overlook the fanbois, and focus on the flagrant things. Which I intend to flaunt at every opportunity. So keep your eyes open.
Old 9/5/11, 02:18 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Finally some mustang talk and all hell breaks loose. Scothew would be so proud.

Old 9/5/11, 02:18 AM

The money may be the source of a lot of the hate. I may be a bit different. Im cheap also. I only buy used and if I plan on modding (which I always do), I'll buy already modded. Let the previous owner take the loss. But if I break it, I can also fix it myself.
Old 9/5/11, 02:22 AM
Post *****

Lee,

I don't think I've changed one bit.

But that's twice now that you've said that.

I guess i do take the internet too seriously. The people I thought were friends really aren't. My mistake.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/5/11 at 02:24 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 02:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Lee,

I don't think I've changed one bit.

But that's twice now that you've said that.

I guess i do take the internet too seriously. The people I thought were friends really aren't. My mistake.
Duly noted. However, I still consider you my friend, even if we disagree. Adios mi amigos.
Old 9/5/11, 02:46 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can hardly remember that time.

I get it Lee. You own a "Shelby".

I don't see what big deal is with what I think about the man or the car. My thoughts on the matter could not be more insignificant. Opinions are like ********, everyones got one.
OMG a word that the filters didnt star out!!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Finally some mustang talk and all hell breaks loose. Scothew would be so proud.

Old 9/5/11, 02:50 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The money may be the source of a lot of the hate.
I think so - plus the fame.

I remember reading in Think and Grow Rich how firestone hitched his wagon to Ford's star. I think Shelby did the same - though Shelby made some serious contributions for Ford back in the day so it was a two way street.
I think many are jealous because they don't have that same opportunity - or *****.
Yet - like Firestone - if you don't stay on your game and perform, history will leave you behind. Plus getting greedy and ego bound will bite you every singe time. Which I'm guessing is part of where Gary is coming from.
So some of the Shelby hate is out of bounds based on how much Ford (and our Mustang brand) benefitted. But a lot of it Shelby brought on himself by his greed and thinking he can walk on water. :splash:
I'm old enough to remember back in the late 60's & early 70's that the Mustang was hot stuff - but Shelby was a different league. So I'm happy to give him his due. But I haven't opened my wallet for him either.
And I don't think anyone will ever be able to say that Ford wasn't honorable towards him - even in today's cut-throat era of corporate greed where shareholders yell "cut him loose!" at every whim of a quarterly report.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/5/11 at 02:58 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 03:08 AM
Post *****

The only place that you feel at home huh?
CARNIE!!

Old 9/5/11, 03:11 AM

Yeah. Back when the shelbys came out, they were bought by a different group of people. And the regular mustang folk/gearheads could only stare and wish. Kinda like today's Shelby owners (not all of them). Probably why a lot of the 60's gt500's are still around and unmodded. The gt350's on the other hand were raced a lot more often and are a lot more rare now.
Old 9/5/11, 03:18 AM
Post *****

Night Al. I've been updating and fixing up this old laptop all day till my eyes are blurrin'.

Guess everyone else went to bed ticked off.

Dang you Shelby!!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast