Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/11, 09:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Do it!
That puts me back to where I was with keeping the SGT. Where the hell to put it. Although its nothing mint and could sit outside, if I decided to do something with it, I'd need another garage to put it in while working on it. Not to mention I might be castrated if I come home with another car, especially one that would likely end up being project.

I'll have to ride by a few more times, and see if it calls to me to investigate further.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/10/11 at 09:59 PM.
Old 5/10/11, 10:00 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That puts me back to where I was with keeping the SGT. Where the hell to put it. Although its nothing mint and could sit outside, if I decided to do something with it, I'd need another garage to put it in while working on it. Not to mention I might be castrated if I come home with another car, especially one that would likely end up being project.

I'll have to ride by a few more times, and see if it call to me to investigate further.
So build a new garage. Ain't nothing for a sugar daddy like you.
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My father and his best friend bought me a welder yesterday.

His friends neighbor was selling it and it's a Lincoln about a year old. Nothing big but just right to learn on. My dad called me and said it was for sale and I could get it for less than half of a new one and I said I'd pass because I'm too busy to think about these things. So the two of them decided it was too good to pass up and surprised me with it.

The best part is my dads friend is like a master welder that's been welding for 50 years. He said that he would start teaching me after we move in.

Cool! I'd like to learn too. Always did wood and sheet metal, but wanted to learn welding. Only did torch brazing in hs.
After seeing these damascus knives, I'd like to get a forge too. There was a guy that had a booth at the Blues Fest where he has a portable coal fired one and makes stuff right there. Old fashioned hinges and door latches and lots of other things. Looked pretty cool.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/10/11 at 10:02 PM.
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just build a bigger garage. Your almost there with Gary's baller status it shouldn't be a big deal
Old 5/10/11, 10:01 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Cool! I'd like to learn too. Always did wood and sheet metal, but wanted to learn welding.
After seeing these damascus knives, I'd like to get a forge. There was a guy that had a booth at the Blues Fest where he has a portable coal fired one and makes stuff right there. Old fahsioned hinges and door latches and lots of other things. Looked pretty cool.
I'm with you. I was brought up on wood, nails, and glue. If it was two pieces of metal the best I could do is drill a hole in them and use a nut and bolt. It will be cool to actually be able to weld.
Old 5/10/11, 10:04 PM
Post *****

Old 5/10/11, 10:05 PM
Post *****

I'll have to ride by a few more times, and see if it calls to me to investigate further.
Does it have T-tops? Because if it has t-tops you will march right down there immediately and bring it home no matter what the old lady says.
Old 5/10/11, 10:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Ive been thinking about taking welding classes at the tech shool. Too bad my university won't allow it to transfer in as an elective credit.
Old 5/10/11, 10:07 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look, I get the whole rat rod fad that has made a come back in recent years, but this is just effing stupid.

http://jalopnik.com/5800415/the-bran...camaro-rat+rod

Right!
I hate when they do that to guitars too. I would never desecrate my stringers like that.
Old 5/10/11, 10:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
also, true blue is cool, but sonic blue is the best, so much so, in fact, that I hear Ford is bringing it back for the Mustang
Old 5/10/11, 10:10 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Ive been thinking about taking welding classes at the tech shool. Too bad my university won't allow it to transfer in as an elective credit.
Thats liberals for you. Keeping the man down.
Old 5/10/11, 10:16 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does it have T-tops? Because if it has t-tops you will march right down there immediately and bring it home no matter what the old lady says.
+1 Same goes if you ever see an early fox with T-Tops.

Man I miss my Firechicken, the girls loved those t-tops in High School
Old 5/10/11, 10:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. I was doing 45 and wasn't really thinking about that aspect of it. I had an 85 T-top GT that I wish I hadn't gotten rid of. Bought it in '87 or '88 with only 2300 miles on it, never even driven in the rain. I've got a pic of it somewhere, I'll find it in a bit.
Old 5/10/11, 10:26 PM
Post *****

Was it a bubble back? Cause thats cool too. If it has t-tops and a bubble back I might want it.
Old 5/10/11, 10:31 PM
Post *****

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...c#ht_500wt_948
Old 5/10/11, 10:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Was it a bubble back? Cause thats cool too. If it has t-tops and a bubble back I might want it.
I guess, weren't all of the hatches? I figure it will be more than I'm willing to give. Its at a car lot of sorts. Not a full time used car lot, but sometimes he'll have 6 or 8 classic cars and trucks out there (not show cars, just half assed back yard restos) then nothing for a while. Its the only car out there right now.

That's looks just like the one my buddy had.

This is the only pic I had on the computer, I've got some more but I'd have to scan them.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/10/11 at 11:22 PM.
Old 5/10/11, 11:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

With all of the rain we've had this spring, the honeysuckles have just exploded. When you go outside at night after the dew has fallen, the air is just thick with the sweet smell of them. I love it.
Old 5/11/11, 02:53 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
soup is the s*it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nathan go clean my future car!!!!

oh and ive decided that i officially want a True Blue New Edge when im in the market to buy one....i love that color so so so much!!!!!!
I almost bought a True Blue GT with aftermarket exhaust and some under hood candy for 10k. Oh and it only had around 30k miles on it and it was a 2004
Old 5/11/11, 08:06 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A friend of mine has a silver one with over 200K on it. Everything is stock too. Never had the SC off or anything.

I guess, weren't all of the hatches? I figure it will be more than I'm willing to give. Its at a car lot of sorts. Not a full time used car lot, but sometimes he'll have 6 or 8 classic cars and trucks out there (not show cars, just half assed back yard restos) then nothing for a while. Its the only car out there right now.
Yeah all Capri's had the bubble back, were any built as notches?

A Capri Notch would be cool.

That's looks just like the one my buddy had.

This is the only pic I had on the computer, I've got some more but I'd have to scan them.

Lee that GT is pure awesome, the 4 eyes, the fogs, the 10-holes. Everything about it is great.
Old 5/11/11, 10:02 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that's right. Electric green. There used to be a member here with one.

I'd like a true blue Lightning!
So would I!!

Originally Posted by Scothew
Not the first time ive been asked that ma'am.

Originally Posted by Scothew
*Breaking news!*

Bin Laden funeral pic.

So what you're saying is, don't bother to tell you when Nathan posts?

Im sure Nathan is still having nightmares about the ***** he saw.

My father and his best friend bought me a welder yesterday.

His friends neighbor was selling it and it's a Lincoln about a year old. Nothing big but just right to learn on. My dad called me and said it was for sale and I could get it for less than half of a new one and I said I'd pass because I'm too busy to think about these things. So the two of them decided it was too good to pass up and surprised me with it.

The best part is my dads friend is like a master welder that's been welding for 50 years. He said that he would start teaching me after we move in.

Awesome Gary. Hope you have alot of fun with it

DO IT!!!! you know you want to.

Yeah what he said

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast