Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/11, 11:46 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Weeeeeee strong wind advisery today.

Btw, today marks teh 34th anniversery of monday april 4th, 1977 when a F5 tornado came through north bham and ended hte life of 22 people. Not a real good day looks like for the bad weather they are predicting.
Tornados are some scary stuff. We had one hit the neighborhood next to mine in July last year. I remember driving home from work at looking up at the news helicopters, thinking that they looked like they were right over my house.........and they were. It was only an F1 so everyone was very lucky. The path was only .4 mile from my house. We also had one come through in the mid 90s about 3 miles from me. Don't want any part of any of those!

Originally Posted by GrnT
Cant wait for the day that getting a sunburn is possible. Not hot enough yet.
Friday I woke up to 2" of snow.............and today it's going to be 80 degrees
Old 4/4/11, 11:47 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
and I needed water. I actually recently tried Michelob Ultra... not bad! very drinkable.
Yep... that's a bottle of water.

Old 4/4/11, 11:49 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by lalayla
Used to live in PA... I'll stick to FL
I'd love to move to FL but my other half won't do it
Old 4/4/11, 11:50 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Jill, ive had mroe than my fair share of them. Im sure ive posted this before, but heres my school the year I graduated from it.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-school2.jpg  
Old 4/4/11, 11:51 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I only drink to relax and so I will only drink one maybe two beers and thats it.
That sounds a lot like a few of my friends that only use marihoochie medicine (legally) for pain. Just one maybe two... and that's it!
Old 4/4/11, 11:52 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by codeman94
sounds familiar.... I'm calling O2 sensor
Throttle body needs cleaning?
Old 4/4/11, 11:52 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah they have a tornado warning in Clarksville, TN at the moment.
Old 4/4/11, 11:53 AM
Post *****

but heres my school the year I graduated from it.
WOW!!

I left St. Louis for many reasons. That's way up on the list.
Old 4/4/11, 11:57 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Jill, ive had mroe than my fair share of them. Im sure ive posted this before, but heres my school the year I graduated from it.
Wow
Old 4/4/11, 11:58 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Umm Scothew what school?? That is just amazing.
Old 4/4/11, 11:59 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Friday I woke up to 2" of snow.............and today it's going to be 80 degrees
Yeah had 65 here Thurs & Fri, then snow and ice Friday night & Saturday.

Studs are supposed to be removed March 31, and normally they extend for 2 weeks when we have springs like winter. So what did they do this year? The extended it till today - a whole 4 days. And guess what's coming Wed thru Friday.

The jerks in the valley that make all the rules for the State could care less if people die from black ice out here in the sticks.
Old 4/4/11, 12:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Yikes! MN gets its fair shares of tornadoes, but EF5s are super rare unlike down there.

*cross fingers*
Old 4/4/11, 12:02 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Studs are supposed to be removed March 31, and normally they extend for 2 weeks when we have springs like winter. So what did they do this year? The extended it till today - a whole 4 days. And guess what's coming Wed thru Friday.

The jerks in the valley that make all the rules for the State could care less if people die from black ice out here in the sticks.
Now how bad are they if you still have the studs on after the time runs out?? Cuz I say just leave them in. Until the weather is nicer.
Old 4/4/11, 12:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

This weather has been really crazy lately. Tomorrow I think they said we will be back to the 50s. Today is the O's home opener and I wish I was there in this beautiful weather. It's been a couple of years since I've been to a game. Probably the only time in the last few years I can say I've been to a game when they had a winning record, lol!
Old 4/4/11, 12:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.

At least you had fresh air during classes
Old 4/4/11, 12:16 PM
Post *****

Now how bad are they if you still have the studs on after the time runs out?? Cuz I say just leave them in. Until the weather is nicer.
$190 fine. And they make quite a clatter on dry pavement so it's easy to be busted.

Problem is when you have to leave early in the morning, or go over passes to get to town, you can have snow and ice underneath. Then by noon it could have melted. And coming home the black ice can already be set up.

I mean you drive extra careful, but with the turns and black ice, and along the lake where there's moisture in the air, it only takes one icy patch and boom - you're in the ditch, or worse, the lake. (Oregon still hasn't discovered guard rails. lol At least on many roads.)

I don't understand why they don't extend it just in certain counties. But they rule like it has to be the same for the entire State whether you're in low valley cities, along the ocean, or the other half of the state that is high desert at 4000' and 5000' mountain passes.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/4/11 at 12:18 PM.
Old 4/4/11, 12:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Is that Enterprise? If so, I thought you were older than that.
Old 4/4/11, 12:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

$190 fine. And they make quite a clatter on dry pavement so it's easy to be busted.

Problem is when you have to leave early in the morning, or go over passes to get to town, you can have snow and ice underneath. Then by noon it could have melted. And coming home the black ice can already be set up.

I mean you drive extra careful, but with the turns and black ice, and along the lake where there's moisture in the air, it only takes one icy patch and boom - you're in the ditch, or worse, the lake. (Oregon still hasn't discovered guard rails. lol At least on many roads.)

I don't understand why they don't extend it just in certain counties. But they rule like it has to be the same for the entire State whether you're in low valley cities, along the ocean, or the other half of the state that is high desert at 4000' and 5000' mountain passes.
Thats crazy. I just hope that nothing happens to you if you ahve to dive it without the studs.
Old 4/4/11, 12:33 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Umm Scothew what school?? That is just amazing.
Oak Grove High School, April 8th 1998. Heres a great video one of the local media put together from all of the coverage of the storm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5xMESViHKs it was a f5+ that took several hundred homes, killed 32 people i believe, injured many many more, and is the main reason i joined hte fire service after living through that. Had a huge impact on my life.

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Wow.

At least you had fresh air during classes
Yeah we never went back there. only to graduate on the baseball field with the rubble behind us.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Is that Enterprise? If so, I thought you were older than that.
No see above and yes I am older
Old 4/4/11, 12:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
And this kids, is why you don't follow too closely to something you can't see around (or anything for that matter).

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast