Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/10, 12:05 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sold my truck today!

And the guy is willing to wait 30 days for it. All I have to do is have the brake line recall done and I get to swap my wife's 18" wheels for the 20" wheels on the truck.
Congrats Gary.

If I would have had the money I would have told you that it was sold a long time ago. That is an awesome truck.
Old 2/10/10, 12:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thanks Dirk.

It's just so nice to know that I won't have to get stuck with what the dealer would be willing to give me. I took a little less for the quick easy sale. But i get to drive it the next month and I know this guy won't back out. Still got more than I even knew it was worth a week ago. It was fully optioned and he liked that.
Old 2/10/10, 12:15 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Fully optioned is good. I will have to post pics of my F350 I took right before I left to come back over here. I will post them later. Also yes they are interior shots too.
Old 2/10/10, 12:17 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
hey peeps....dear god its terrible out there! we have like 10in already, and the second half of the storm hasnt hit us yet...oh boy :'(
We have closer to 20 already.

Sold my truck today!

And the guy is willing to wait 30 days for it. All I have to do is have the brake line recall done and I get to swap my wife's 18" wheels for the 20" wheels on the truck.
Congrats!

Originally Posted by cdynaco
The nearest town has geothermal heat for downtown buildings, gov't offices, etc. About 15 yrs back they laid pipe in the sidewalks and crosswalks. Free melt.

Hey peep's... pay attention to your roofs. If you think shoveling the driveway is a beatch, the roof is waaay worse.
But knee deep snow - especially if its wet snow that easterners get - is really heavy and your bldg codes probably don't require more than 20-40# snowload back there...
when I built my new place in '04 I put in 80# trusses so I would never have to shovel a roof again!
We are really worried about the roof, but just can't get up there to clear it. Plus we have to worry about the roofs on the camper, pop up camper and both sheds Also worried about losing power. They recently ran our power lines underground in my neighborhood, so I know that helps but we still have to worry about the lines feeding them. Both generators are on standby.
Old 2/10/10, 12:21 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Man I am sorry I didnt even think about all that snow on the roofs. I hope nothing happens to anybody going thru these storms
Old 2/10/10, 12:22 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

These were taken around 8:30 this morning and it's still coming down. But like Mike said, the wind is whipping and definite white out conditions. My step daughter is supposed to work at 3 pm today, but we made her call out. Unfortunately, she's a nursing assistant and her work never closes.

Old 2/10/10, 12:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
just finished shoveling the driveway, we had on the driveway 16in and now its really really snowing bad so i wonder how much ill have to shovel later... :'(
Old 2/10/10, 12:26 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Any of you Deadliest Catch fans? I read earlier that Phil Harris died from the massive stroke he suffered a bit ago....sad
Old 2/10/10, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold my truck today!

Wow that's great news!
Old 2/10/10, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Any of you Deadliest Catch fans? I read earlier that Phil Harris died from the massive stroke he suffered a bit ago....sad

Yeah, saw that last night, It is sad I liked watching it
Old 2/10/10, 12:28 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We are really worried about the roof, but just can't get up there to clear it. Plus we have to worry about the roofs on the camper, pop up camper and both sheds Also worried about losing power. They recently ran our power lines underground in my neighborhood, so I know that helps but we still have to worry about the lines feeding them. Both generators are on standby.
I lose electricity a couple of times each winter so wood stove heat is a necessity. Its kind of fun cooking on it so I've never fired the gen. Couple of pans of snow in the frig keeps stuff fairly cold. My main reason for a gen was during forest fire season where I could at least run the well and use a hose to pretend I'm actually going to save my house.
Back to snow... your sheds and camper will cave first.
Some teens/men that need jobs can make some dough shoveling roofs. I lost my old house after years of not shoveling broke trusses and roof deck (and an earthquake in between), so..... make sure that insurance is paid up and you have replacement value and 'rebuild to current code' clause!

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/10/10 at 12:38 PM.
Old 2/10/10, 12:34 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

These were taken around 8:30 this morning and it's still coming down. But like Mike said, the wind is whipping and definite white out conditions. My step daughter is supposed to work at 3 pm today, but we made her call out. Unfortunately, she's a nursing assistant and her work never closes.

that is a lot of snow. I still wanna play in it.
Old 2/10/10, 12:35 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Roof on the camper right now We are on a well and septic and the wood stove is cranking in the basement. Also have the tub, quite a few old milk jugs, 2 liter soda bottles and washer filled up with water (just in case). Can't get anybody to come out to clear snow from roofs or anything right now. It's really hard to see outside and there is so much snow in the street, nobody is walking around looking to shovel or anything.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 2/10/10 at 12:37 PM.
Old 2/10/10, 12:41 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Wow sorry you guys are having this weather. I wish that it wasnt happening and that there is nothing anybody could do about it.
Old 2/10/10, 12:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I saw that last night. Phil was probably my favorite captain on the show. He was having serious health problems the last 2 seasons though.
Old 2/10/10, 12:42 PM
Post *****

Gotta pushbroom? I use it to reach the camper shell and 'pull' snow off. If its wet snow it doesn't work as good but... they make snow rakes but I don't like that they have teeth cause usually a couple of times you're kind of dropping/slamming the broom down into the snow so you can remove a section about 2'x2'. With a rake I'm afraid I'd damage the roof.
Old 2/10/10, 12:47 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Nope, no pushbroom. One of the Baltimore County Firehouses had their roof collapse at about 3 am this morning. Our house is a modular which they say the roof should be a little more sturdy because of they way they build them. So fingers crossed!
Old 2/10/10, 12:48 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Man I am sorry I didnt even think about all that snow on the roofs. I hope nothing happens to anybody going thru these storms
After 20+ years growing up/living in the city, looks like I've learned some things after living here in the Cascades for the last 30.

I remember the first time I went to Incline Village/Tahoe in 87. I'd never seen so much roof high snow! They had a number of roofs cave that year. 80's snow was deep but powdery, 90's was average but wetter snow, 2k's has been trending back to powdery and 08 was all time record depth. This year its mild. Interesting how the cycle swings back and forth.
Old 2/10/10, 12:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
After 20+ years growing up/living in the city, looks like I've learned some things after living here in the Cascades for the last 30.

I remember the first time I went to Incline Village/Tahoe in 87. I'd never seen so much roof high snow! They had a number of roofs cave that year. 80's snow was deep but powdery, 90's was average but wetter snow, 2k's has been trending back to powdery and 08 was all time record depth. This year its mild. Interesting how the cycle swings back and forth.
It's not a cycle, it is a scientifically undeniable pattern of man made global warming and if you don't agree, you are probably a racist.
Old 2/10/10, 01:01 PM
Post *****

Nope, no pushbroom. One of the Baltimore County Firehouses had their roof collapse at about 3 am this morning. Our house is a modular which they say the roof should be a little more sturdy because of they way they build them. So fingers crossed!
My experience was different... Modulars are built to HUD spec and are built well. But HUD only requires 20# snowload and I learned (the hard way) local County codes can't overrule Federal HUD specs. Plus they usually don't have a lot of roof pitch to them. So my first house had the stock 20# trusses and although it lasted 20+ years thru some deep winters, it should have been the min 40# required for local snow depth.
Now the county is up to 60# but that's partially because of higher earthquake codes after '93's surprise. So they are kind of going overboard in case you have a lot of snow and an earthquake at the same time.
Although your pics don't look knee deep yet, the damage potential increases as the storm passes and it starts melting... and if the next precip is rain on top of knee deep snow, watch out below. That's when you'll start reading of several roofs caving - esp flat roof business bldgs.
Seriously, don't take it for granted.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast