Line lock does not work

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/15, 06:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
now were getting somewhere??
Old 2/28/15, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Worked great! Thanks for the info and video you guys are great!
Old 2/28/15, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I'll take all the credit lol
Old 2/28/15, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cptchuck
Awesome! Worked great! Thanks for the info and video you guys are great!
Glad I was able to help. As much as I want to say I will never use line lock, I know that won't happen. I'll build some miles first, then play around with it. Going up against my brother in his '14 in September, so I know I will be showing that off.
Old 2/28/15, 09:52 PM

Wait wait, remember I did have to clear the snow off the car. Grrr I hate to say this, but i took my car to a friends to show him the line lock as he is the one with me trying to do it the whole time.... He pulled out his phone and went to record and I couldn't get it to do it again, he said maybe your not on "level" ground. Let's go back to your house and try it... Ok!

We went to my house and I pulled into the parking lot close by that I had done it before, I pulled I to the open area and backed up, he got out and noticed my rear tires were close to the other blk marks. Blk marks left on frozen dirt!! Sure the car set and let me burn out, on icy grass. But I pulled forward onto solid ground and the same message came up. The message came up during the burn out but it was spinning and I was not moving so I figured it was workin but maybe the computer display was wrong.

I held the pedal for 5 mins and no loud noise or traction control turned off, so I tried again with track, sport, and trac off... Nada
Old 2/28/15, 10:44 PM

So before anyone can call me dumb let me redeem myself... It's 0027 and 29 degrees outside! So I went down to the car and tried again. Here are the steps mine took.

Open car
Press on clutch while pressing start
Grab shifter place in neutral
RELEASE HAND BRAKE (key)
Search track apps (press ok)
Find line lock (press ok)
HOLD OK screen (hold ok)
Next screen says to press brake firmly (you'll notice a spot when pedal gets super stiff keep it there, even tho you have already fully filled the little box)
Next screen says "engaged press ok to begin" (WAIT 5sec THEN PRESS OK)
That's when you hear the line lock "lock" only then lift off the brake (clock starts as soon as you hear the noise) slam into gear, dump clutch and give gas at same pace (in your head count "one thousand one" then shift into 2nd fast and dump clutch and give gas at same time) by now your smoking them up and you have 8sec left on clock. (I recommend press ok or tap brake and pull away, these tires ain't cheap!)

So I hope this is detailed enough that everyone gets it. If anyone is north or ATL GA and wants to be shown how or just wanna compare your mustang to GT hit me up. I am looking for anyone with v6 and totally wanna drive the 4banger!
Old 3/21/15, 03:58 PM
V6 Member

Also here is a link to the manual. Page 145 addresses that feature with detailed instructions: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_07_2014.pdf
Old 4/20/15, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I test drove an automatic 2015 GT last Friday and it wouldn't allow me to engage Line Lock. Salesman said he's only seen it available with Performance Package. I know that shouldn't be right. Has anyone seen/used Line Lock on a 2015 Auto car?
Old 4/20/15, 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang5o
I test drove an automatic 2015 GT last Friday and it wouldn't allow me to engage Line Lock. Salesman said he's only seen it available with Performance Package. I know that shouldn't be right. Has anyone seen/used Line Lock on a 2015 Auto car?
IIRC ... Line Lock is only for MANUAL TRANS cars !!

Doug
Old 4/20/15, 11:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang

Doug
That is erroneous information.You are not helping anyone by posting it.
Old 4/20/15, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Doug
Maybe they're confusing it with launch control??? I was sure all GT's were supposed to have line lock. If anyone know how to engage it on the auto cars I will go back to the dealer and try it. He seemed game. The only way I'd actually buy though is if I could get some 19" wheels with sticky summer tires. I really wish they'd just give you an option for a performance package on an auto.

Last edited by mustang5o; 4/20/15 at 06:03 PM.
Old 4/21/15, 12:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang5o
Maybe they're confusing it with launch control??? I was sure all GT's were supposed to have line lock. If anyone know how to engage it on the auto cars I will go back to the dealer and try it. He seemed game. The only way I'd actually buy though is if I could get some 19" wheels with sticky summer tires. I really wish they'd just give you an option for a performance package on an auto.
Maybe they gave you a My Key instead of an admin key for the test drive? In that case track apps would be limited.
Old 4/21/15, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
Maybe they gave you a My Key instead of an admin key for the test drive? In that case track apps would be limited.
That would make sense. I know I'd want to program a key like that if I let my son borrow the car.
Old 10/26/15, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Hold down the brakes longer

I had the "see owners manual" also. Held down the brakes well after the 15 second countdown timer. Then it engaged. It's very noticeable- feels like the ABS chatter in the brake pedal.

Last edited by JoesCat; 10/26/15 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Posted prematurely
Old 9/21/17, 04:23 PM

Mine Finally Worked

One of these three things finally worked for me, had same struggle. Make sure wheels are straight, let engine warm up or try 50+ times so ford knows your committed to loosing the warranty. I think letting the engine get to operating temperature is what finnaly allowed mine to work correctly. I didn't do anything differently than before, it just started working for first time!
Old 2/13/18, 08:56 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Cptchuck
Not to be rude, but I did that already.
make sure you are in sport+ with advanced track off. though it says “track only”,you cannot use the linelock in track mode.. because if the accelerator get’s stuck while you’re ripping around the track, you’d want the car to stop if you’re innevitably going to crash. moral of the story, be in track for the track, but be in sport+ for the nasty 15 second burnouts. and make sure you keep the brake pedal all the way to the floor when you press ok to start the burnout. you’ll feel the brake pedal push against your foot, and you will also hear a servo-ish thing lock the brake pedal where it is. then you dump that clutch and do a fat burnout(:
Old 3/26/18, 06:47 PM

Wink

Doug
Wrong! I have an auto 2017 GT and have line lock.
Old 5/7/19, 03:43 PM