GT

Line lock does not work

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/15, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line lock does not work

I follow all the steps, when the shot clock comes on and says press ok to start I press it and it gives me an error saying read manual! So I pull the book and follow every step, even down to holding a level on the ground just to make sur it was level. I have the 2015 GT manual transmission, appearance pack 50th anaversery, squealing brakes car. Is anyone else having issues, I took it to my local dealer and they won't help me cause they say it might void warenty and they were informed not to show it off. Not to mention I was there when the 1 and only 2015 came in, and I took it off the truck and never let them get into it. Since then I have been back with the squealing brakes so they have put it on the computer and nada. Can anyone help me get this feature to work??? I am already ashamed when I come to a stop, at least let me have 1 thing that actually does what it says it will do. So I can show off like I want to.
Old 2/25/15, 03:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Go to a different dealer.
Old 2/25/15, 07:01 PM

Not to be rude, but I did that already.
Old 2/25/15, 08:47 PM

Is it something that has to be turned on by dealer, is that what your getting at? Heck I even went as far as to be moving while I did the set up. Because one of the rules to make it work are to be going slower than 25. Will they alow you to return the car because it's does not preform as it should?
Old 2/26/15, 06:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I'm somewhat surprised no one else has chimed in on this. Is everyone elses working properly??
Old 2/26/15, 06:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
No, I mean if the dealer is giving you trouble go to a different one.
Old 2/26/15, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking for line lock thread a couple weeks ago, I didn't find any or mention of one
Old 2/26/15, 04:21 PM
V6 Member

I hope this works on mine when it arrives and that it is not locked out in some way unless unlocked by a dealer. I have also read through both versions of the instruction manual (07/14 and 12/14) which both have the same information concerning this. If it were something that needed turned on, it should be stated.

I have a service scheduled for my truck tomorrow, so I will ask them to see if they will "show me" the engaging and disengaging of it without any more.
Old 2/26/15, 09:36 PM

I'm actually having the exact same issue with the line lock. I know there is a trick to doing it I just haven't figured it out yet?? If somebody knows chime in!!
Old 2/26/15, 10:09 PM

I was having issues as well but it turned out that I wash't pressing the break hard enough.
Also talk to your sales guy maybe he has a buddy in the shop that can take a look at it for you. The guy that sold me mine has his best friend in the shop and said if I ever need anything to let him know. The guy even does work outside the dealership, these guys are just like us car guys.
Best of luck to ya, keep us posted
Old 2/26/15, 11:44 PM

I can squat 700lbs pushing hard on the peddle is not an issue, there is a small meter that shows how hard your pushing it will not go to next screen untill you have filled the little window up with "pressure bars" if you will. I have even gone so far as to rev the car up to where the launch control rpm is set to.
Old 2/26/15, 11:47 PM
V6 Member

I don't have a 15 with line lock, but would it be something that only works when it is in "sport mode" or something of that nature?
Old 2/26/15, 11:50 PM

Between squealing pads and squeaky interior dash and thing not working like they should. I am sad to say this is just a fine piece of art. It does nothing a cheaper car can't do, it sounds like an unattended run down car everytime you stop, and you have to have the radio on to cover up the sqeak from the driver side dash pad and a/c or pillar cove.
Old 2/26/15, 11:51 PM

Nope not sport track snow nada. We have 3 steering and 4 suspension modes, I have tried every mode combo and nothing.
Old 2/26/15, 11:56 PM
V6 Member

Then the only option is to burn it with fire !

You have to read that with the voice in your head yelling or it doesn't make sense.

Looks like too many beers for me tonight, time to quit posting.
Old 2/27/15, 09:43 AM

Yeah my line lock doesn't work either. Go figure. Thanks for the squeaking brakes as well Ford.
Old 2/27/15, 11:07 AM

Not sure if you will get your answer but here is a link to Ford Racing and you are able to chat on line with a Ford rep.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/contacts/contactfrpp.asp
Old 2/27/15, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

Well, my trip today wasn't a total bust, but was a pain to get the dealer to attempt to show me it engage and disengage without an error. I got the same response about "showing it off" as you did Cptchuck. After about 20 minutes of talking with a sales person and a sales manager, I got them to fire one up to show me it engage and disengage without actually using it. There did not seem to be an issue with it there, but again, no burnout was done either.

And now, after doing some research, there is a simple thing that is not mentioned in the book, but did you try holding the brake down firmly until the traction control off light comes on? If releasing the brake before pressing the "ok" and getting traction control to disengage, it will come up with a warning. Basically hold firmly on the brake until the countdown timer starts, then you should be safe to release the pedal and burn off those tires!

Let me know if this works or helps, hope you can get it all figured out!

Last edited by KStev; 2/27/15 at 05:44 PM.
Old 2/27/15, 11:12 PM

Heck yea, will clean the snow off and do it first thing tomorrow! Now about how long does it take for the traction control light to come on?

See how I have done it is I hold hard on pedal till its full and says it's ready. A message comes up and says press ok to to start, shot clock comes on and dump the clutch I go. As soon as I do it pops up saying refer to owners manual. Now I have tried turning traction controll off manually while in track mode and sport steering with no luck.

Tomorrow I will go out with normal set ups and then go to track apps and line lock, hold ok till full, press hard till full (this time keep on break untill track control off comes on its own) once on I will press ok to get to countdown. Then dump clutch right?
Old 2/28/15, 05:02 AM
V6 Member

I believe if I read correctly, you press the "ok" button while the brake is firmly pressed down. You should hear a change in sound when the light comes on telling you traction control is off. I found a video about it also and got the same information.

Here is a video I found about it also. This guy had an issue where after pressing the brake hard, he released it to early and got the owners manual message.

Quick Reply: Line lock does not work