Notices
Deep Impact Blue

Does your Mustang make you feel rich?

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/14, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meh, it's a GD muscle car, not a high end sports car or luxury car.

People don't seem to grok that that's the whole point of Mustangs, etc. High performance car at a reasonable cost. More or less in the same arena (cost wise) as a big 3 SUV.

A GT ($32k msrp) is less expensive than an XLT Explorer ($34k). A GT Premium ($36k) is less expensive than an Limited Explorer ($38k), or a loaded XLT.

Compare that to a Vette ($54k-$69k), Viper($85-$110k), or say a BMW5 series ($50k-80k) or other "true" sports car or luxury sedan.
Old 12/18/14, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My wife drives a Ford flex that brand new cost over 40 grand. My mustang stickered at 38k.

I bet to most people they think the Mustang costs more.

I got a mustang because it was a car I have always wanted. I love driving it everyday.

When I first bought it I had a couple of guys at work come up to me and say "That isnt a Family car!" (I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old). They are the type who had stangs, corvettes etc in the past who gave them up when they had kids. I guess they feel everyone should do the same..??

Im not one of those guys. My wife and 3 year old love my car and in no way do I feel I they are lacking in something else becasue of it.
Old 12/18/14, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
My wife drives a Ford flex that brand new cost over 40 grand. My mustang stickered at 38k. I bet to most people they think the Mustang costs more. I got a mustang because it was a car I have always wanted. I love driving it everyday. When I first bought it I had a couple of guys at work come up to me and say "That isnt a Family car!" (I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old). They are the type who had stangs, corvettes etc in the past who gave them up when they had kids. I guess they feel everyone should do the same..?? Im not one of those guys. My wife and 3 year old love my car and in no way do I feel I they are lacking in something else becasue of it.
Flex and a Mustang. Same here. Ford family.
Old 12/18/14, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife drives a Ford flex that brand new cost over 40 grand. My mustang stickered at 38k. I bet to most people they think the Mustang costs more. I got a mustang because it was a car I have always wanted. I love driving it everyday. When I first bought it I had a couple of guys at work come up to me and say "That isnt a Family car!" (I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old). They are the type who had stangs, corvettes etc in the past who gave them up when they had kids. I guess they feel everyone should do the same..?? Im not one of those guys. My wife and 3 year old love my car and in no way do I feel I they are lacking in something else becasue of it.
Only get something different if it is not practical for you, no one else!! My first family car was a low mileage 13 year old 1978 mustang II , my two girls fit in the back nice and snug, then I got a used 1982 mustang they fit in that just as well. I now have a 2014 GT and they fit in the back (there 20 and 23 years of age) nice and snug and they love it!! Never had any problems except with luggage on a long trip. We would just take my wife's car. Lol. Enjoy!!

Last edited by pminri; 12/19/14 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12/20/14, 03:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say kind of sort of... Coming from a back ground of not having much, through education and hard work I'm at a point where I can afford finally a car that's makes me happy and all the mods I've done, when I hit the week end shows and the people walking by pointing always asking questions... Seeing there enjoyment makes me feel that way.... My daily driver is a 14 Cadillac ATS and my wife drives a 14 F-150 FX4...the toy (mustang) sits all winter and plays in the summer.
To have that... I consider myself fortunate.

And then there are days I think with all the $$$$ I've put down I should have invested a rental property... Lol.
Old 12/20/14, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hansthak
Just took my car ('13 Stang) at work which i was trying to hide it from some jealous folks OR even called as a 'Snob'. Of course everyone noticed my Stang and started commenting that i might have won a lottery or somehow got richer than all of them over night (i hope they dont think i sell drugs or so ).

There is nothing to feel bad about being called rich or even snob as somepeople just don’t get it that more than money it’s also about enjoying yourlife and what makes you happy. For me i waited years to get my dream Stang byworking hard in both work and education to gift myself with this car (thanks tomy wife for pushing me!). No matter what people may call me or so i just don’tcare because i know how to live a happy life just like any of u Stang ownersrather than bitc*ing about other people's success.

Just thought to share my first day at work with the Stang.

cheers
Hans T

Try owning a 2000 Mustang GT (that has 40k miles and looks brand new), a Harley Davidson F150 (bought 1 year old for 28K) and a BMW Z4 (50K+ sticker, bought 3 years old for 25K)!! People tell me all the time that I must be rich! I take care of my cars and they are garaged so they look almost new even though they are OLD and I haven't had a car payment for 4 or 5 years.

I really want a new Mustang...but will probably replace my 2000 with a 2014 some time in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Does your Mustang make you feel rich?-100_0435-medium-2-.jpg   Does your Mustang make you feel rich?-100_1318-medium-.jpg  
Old 1/3/15, 03:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I miss my Z4. I will eventually get a Z4M Coupe. I feel rich here in Germany because they are few and far between here. Even more rare in the other European countries with the exception of England.

Old 1/3/15, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

U just have jealous Co workers
Old 1/21/15, 12:10 PM

Smile

My wife drives a Ford flex that brand new cost over 40 grand. My mustang stickered at 38k.

I got a mustang because it was a car I have always wanted. I love driving it everyday.

When I first bought it I had a couple of guys at work come up to me and say "That isnt a Family car!" (I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old). They are the type who had stangs, corvettes etc in the past who gave them up when they had kids. I guess they feel everyone should do the same..??

Im not one of those guys. My wife and 3 year old love my car and in no way do I feel I they are lacking in something else becasue of it.
Well Looks like my co-workers are loving my Stang and I have named her 'Nilly' which means sweetheart

Recently I found out that my wifey is prego. and due in Aug this year. So, everyone in my circle started to tell me one thing first ' Dont sell your Mustang ' and later came the congratuations for the kid

I'm really looking forward for my little one to love every bit of his/her time with 'Nilly' and have fun.

Looks like I will need a Stang Fisher (electric car) for my kiddo!

Cheers
Hans T
Old 1/21/15, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hansthak
Well Looks like my co-workers are loving my Stang and I have named her 'Nilly' which means sweetheart Recently I found out that my wifey is prego. and due in Aug this year. So, everyone in my circle started to tell me one thing first ' Dont sell your Mustang ' and later came the congratuations for the kid I'm really looking forward for my little one to love every bit of his/her time with 'Nilly' and have fun. Looks like I will need a Stang Fisher (electric car) for my kiddo! Cheers Hans T
Now that is the right attitude! Congrats to you and your family (Nilly included)!
Old 4/7/15, 10:51 AM

This car makes me feel poor. I want to do so many things to it but I need to pay other bills too. Lol. I need a second job just for mods.
Old 4/7/15, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my 2014 SGM V6 back in June and I absolutely love it. Because of all of the incentives at the time, she only cost around 22k. My dumb *** brother-in-law is always making "rich" comments and I just want to smack him. I've seen honda civics costing more. Can I help it I'm so smart - lol!
Old 4/7/15, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I do not own a GT500 convertible or a Corvette Stingray with all the bells and whistles. Even those are not insanely priced cars in the grand scheme of things. So no I am not rich! Heck I can't afford a 2015 base V6 right now. When did cars get so expensive?

Last edited by SpeedCostsMoney; 4/7/15 at 12:13 PM.
Old 4/7/15, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrider
No, not rich, but every time I fire it up and hear those loud exhausts roar, I swear, i grow more hair, it turns from a light gray brown to dark brown, My chest fills out and I don't need bi-focals anymore.
This.