Notices
Deep Impact Blue

Does your Mustang make you feel rich?

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/14, 07:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I don't feel rich but I do have a smile on my face when I'm driving.
I get a lot of oohs and ahs from my coworkers at the school I work at. Sometimes I get why would I buy a Mustang blah blah blah and I kind of laugh to myself.

The other day I was grabbing a drink through a drive thru and as I was driving off waiting to make a turn a person said nice beast of a car or something like that. Then he said God bless your car. I found that really funny and repeated to him...God bless my car.
Old 6/12/14, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
I don't feel rich but I do have a smile on my face when I'm driving. I get a lot of oohs and ahs from my coworkers at the school I work at. Sometimes I get why would I buy a Mustang blah blah blah and I kind of laugh to myself. The other day I was grabbing a drink through a drive thru and as I was driving off waiting to make a turn a person said nice beast of a car or something like that. Then he said God bless your car. I found that really funny and repeated to him...God bless my car.
That was awesome u don't hear god bless your car often
Old 6/12/14, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've been thinking about this thread over the last day or two. I think what it comes down to, is that the Mustang gets (by conventional standards) bad fuel economy, is a big powerful rear drive car with a tiny useless back seat and although the trunk is decent, access isn't good. Its the antithesis of the modern automotive edict of economical, environmentally conscious, efficiently packaged jack - of - all - trades. While its a performance bargain, its still a $40,000 luxury item. If you have a family, you need an alternate form of transportation to fill the family role. To have enough leftover for a me-first toy like this, you need to be well off. That's where some of the jealousy (for lack of a better word) comes from.
Old 6/12/14, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I've been thinking about this thread over the last day or two. I think what it comes down to, is that the Mustang gets (by conventional standards) bad fuel economy, is a big powerful rear drive car with a tiny useless back seat and although the trunk is decent, access isn't good. Its the antithesis of the modern automotive edict of economical, environmentally conscious, efficiently packaged jack - of - all - trades. While its a performance bargain, its still a $40,000 luxury item. If you have a family, you need an alternate form of transportation to fill the family role. To have enough leftover for a me-first toy like this, you need to be well off. That's where some of the jealousy (for lack of a better word) comes from.
as they would say in Mythbusters: plausible!
Old 6/14/14, 05:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thought this was the place to put it, but today would have been my mom's 68th birthday, and I'm picking my car up at noon.
Old 6/16/14, 05:39 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Hansthak
That was awesome u don't hear god bless your car often
No you don't. It gave me a good laugh.

I was out yesterday with the wife taking a Sunday cruise. The car is an eye magnet. Had one guy getting out of his car asking if I wanted to trade.
Old 6/16/14, 11:00 PM
GT Member

Forgot I posted on this one... Thanks for all the advice and support guys... As for my boss, I am just ignoring his douchebaggery for now, as I like my job overall for now, and I won't let his animosity and jealousy bring me down... Who cares what he it any other co worker thinks of me... That's one thing I must say about this forum, we all get each other, and have each other's backs... And I don't even know you guys personally... But I am treated with dignity and respect... My boss and many people out there just don't know how to act professional and respectful...
Old 6/17/14, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by rynaldo
Forgot I posted on this one... Thanks for all the advice and support guys... As for my boss, I am just ignoring his douchebaggery for now, as I like my job overall for now, and I won't let his animosity and jealousy bring me down... Who cares what he it any other co worker thinks of me... That's one thing I must say about this forum, we all get each other, and have each other's backs... And I don't even know you guys personally... But I am treated with dignity and respect... My boss and many people out there just don't know how to act professional and respectful...
Well said. I m amazed how big is mustang community and way every stang owner respects eachother. Have fun
Old 6/18/14, 11:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Thought this was the place to put it, but today would have been my mom's 68th birthday, and I'm picking my car up at noon.
Hopefully you can pull together the good memories from both your family and your new addition.
Old 6/19/14, 02:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
My Mustang makes me feel rich like this photo depicts.
Attached Images  
Old 6/19/14, 04:52 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
My Mustang makes me feel rich like this photo depicts.
Me to!!
Old 6/19/14, 06:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Me to!!
HA HAAAAA
Old 6/20/14, 09:13 AM
GT Member

No, not rich, but every time I fire it up and hear those loud exhausts roar, I swear, i grow more hair, it turns from a light gray brown to dark brown, My chest fills out and I don't need bi-focals anymore.
Old 6/20/14, 10:37 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by mcrider
No, not rich, but every time I fire it up and hear those loud exhausts roar, I swear, i grow more hair, it turns from a light gray brown to dark brown, My chest fills out and I don't need bi-focals anymore.
HA HAAAAA
Old 6/20/14, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the GT500 axle backs. It's not working for me. I'm still going bald, although I love the sound.
Which exhaust do you have? I need to switch
Old 6/20/14, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Plim
I have the GT500 axle backs. It's not working for me. I'm still going bald, although I love the sound.
Which exhaust do you have? I need to switch
I have 18 inch cherry bombs directly behind the H pipe (under the cabin area) with no axle backs so it sounds old school.
Old 6/20/14, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 18 inch cherry bombs directly behind the H pipe (under the cabin area) with no axle backs so it sounds old school.
...how is a V6 with cherry bombs "old school"? Just wondering.

You got a video of how it sounds? I'm sure that thing is LOUD!
Old 6/20/14, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
...how is a V6 with cherry bombs "old school"? Just wondering.

You got a video of how it sounds? I'm sure that thing is LOUD!
Believe it or not, with an H pipe, and 18 in cherry bombs mounted directly under the cabin area it does. It actually sounds awesome. Maybe it's the 93 octane tune i'm running. This is coming from someone who had a 69 mach 1 with a 428 with the same setup, when I was younger. And I'm sorry, I don't have a video or sound clip.
Old 6/20/14, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe it or not, with an H pipe, and 18 in cherry bombs mounted directly under the cabin area it does. It actually sounds awesome. Maybe it's the 93 octane tune i'm running. This is coming from someone who had a 69 mach 1 with a 428 with the same setup, when I was younger. And I'm sorry, I don't have a video or sound clip.
Ahh shucks. I'm sure it sounds good, I was just curious cause I've never really heard a V6 that had an "old school" sound to it. I bet that 428 was awesome .
Old 6/21/14, 05:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rynaldo

I'm pretty lucky in this aspect. I just started a new job this week as I'm retiring from the Navy after 22 years of active duty. Turns out my boss drives a 2010 Mustang. He is 65 and I'm about a year shy of 50. Mustangs truly are fantastic cars no matter what your age is!

Quick Reply: Does your Mustang make you feel rich?