The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Deep Impact Blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f819/)
-   -   Does your Mustang make you feel rich? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f819/does-your-mustang-make-you-feel-rich-530690/)

Hansthak 5/28/14 02:26 PM

Does your Mustang make you feel rich?

1 Attachment(s)
Just took my car ('13 Stang) at work which i was trying to hide it from some jealous folks OR even called as a 'Snob'. Of course everyone noticed my Stang and started commenting that i might have won a lottery or somehow got richer than all of them over night (i hope they dont think i sell drugs or so :rofl2:).

There is nothing to feel bad about being called rich or even snob as somepeople just don’t get it that more than money it’s also about enjoying yourlife and what makes you happy. For me i waited years to get my dream Stang byworking hard in both work and education to gift myself with this car (thanks tomy wife for pushing me!). No matter what people may call me or so i just don’tcare because i know how to live a happy life just like any of u Stang ownersrather than bitc*ing about other people's success.

Just thought to share my first day at work with the Stang.

cheers
Hans T

Mach1Maniac 5/28/14 04:29 PM

They are just jelly.

Even if they owned a car as badass as that they probably couldn't handle it.

Kudos to you and your hard work.

Sounds like you deserve it

Enjoy!

Ltngdrvr 5/28/14 04:57 PM

Well, once a month, my car makes me feel very poor, like right after I pay the payment on it! :D

Plim 5/28/14 10:54 PM

Hans, just enjoy your car. Don't care too much about what others may say, as some people just don't handle well when others are doing good.
On the other hand, you should start enjoying getting compliments from complete strangers at gas stations, and stop lights, and parking lots.... At least, that is what I have experienced since I own a DIB mustang. I have not experienced that with any car before.

shaneyusa 5/28/14 11:21 PM

Hey enjoy your car! If they can't handle having a fun car that does not mean you can't. Don't let anyone ruin the fun of having your car. I too waited a long time to finally get one, and really glad I did, Love it! Enjoy it, don't worry about what others think, life is way too short! :nice:

Originally Posted by Plim (Post 6808746)
Hans, just enjoy your car. Don't care too much about what others may say, as some people just don't handle well when others are doing good.
On the other hand, you should start enjoying getting compliments from complete strangers at gas stations, and stop lights, and parking lots.... At least, that is what I have experienced since I own a DIB mustang. I have not experienced that with any car before.

:agree:

Yes, it is really a good feeling when someone out of the blue compliments the car, at the gas station, at the store, things like how cool it is, "Hey, really like your car man.", "that car is just bada$$". Even the idiot kids in a beater pickup that hang out the window and give you the thumbs up. I love showing mine to anyone who is interested. Best car ever!

kanine 5/30/14 06:31 AM

Yea, I got the same comments when I got my new Mustang 2 weeks ago, my coworkers, family, neighbors were like "you must be rich," "I didn't know you have that kind of money," or "why would you even get a Mustang?", seriously. Just like most of us here, I wanted this car since 2011 with the 5.0 and the revised design and I saved a good chunk of money the last 3 years to get this. Plus, I just got a base GT with the track pack, not like I even got a premium.

Like everyone says, just enjoy your car, I know I am so far.

CiniZter 5/30/14 07:35 AM

i used to feel the other way... when i go into a car show or meet and when there are 50 gtr, several dozens of vette n many super cars.. i just feel proud and i go park with them... u will not belive how many people come to talk to u than the gtr or vette as we are approachable :)

Diode Dynamics 5/30/14 08:49 AM

I am very proud of my mustang, but it's never made me feel rich lol

Sounds like you have some jealous co-workers

Nick C.

DarrenGT 5/30/14 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hansthak (Post 6808509)
Just took my car ('13 Stang) at work which i was trying to hide it from some jealous folks OR even called as a 'Snob'. Of course everyone noticed my Stang and started commenting that i might have won a lottery or somehow got richer than all of them over night (i hope they dont think i sell drugs or so :rofl2:).

There is nothing to feel bad about being called rich or even snob as somepeople just don’t get it that more than money it’s also about enjoying yourlife and what makes you happy. For me i waited years to get my dream Stang byworking hard in both work and education to gift myself with this car (thanks tomy wife for pushing me!). No matter what people may call me or so i just don’tcare because i know how to live a happy life just like any of u Stang ownersrather than bitc*ing about other people's success.

Just thought to share my first day at work with the Stang.

cheers
Hans T

hello Neighbor. I wonder if being Surrey has something to do with it. The newer stangs are a little scarce here in the lower mainland i think. Nice vertible. I have one almost identical. In Mission.

FordService 5/30/14 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Hansthak (Post 6808509)
Just took my car ('13 Stang) at work which i was trying to hide it from some jealous folks OR even called as a 'Snob'. Of course everyone noticed my Stang and started commenting that i might have won a lottery or somehow got richer than all of them over night :rofl2:.

Welcome, congrats, and props on all of your hard work, Hansthak! Remember….

http://images.lolstream.com/assets/m...b883c8ab4a.jpg

:rofl2:

Deysha

shayner 5/30/14 10:03 AM

No but my 2 daily drivers are Cadillacs and if that didn't get jealous peoples bug one day I showed up with the stang and the comment if the day was"if I had your money I'd just burn mine"

I'd rather just give a fella congrats or you deserve it.

I have always been good with money and wanted to surround myself with things I've liked instead of pissing it all away in bars and horse@$"t!!!!

Good for you dude

Stevedotmil 5/30/14 11:55 AM

I feel rich all the time driving around especially so when my wife is riding around with me. I know that shopping center by the way. I went to that Starbucks a bazillion times when I was a Drill Sergeant at Jackson.

StangMahn 5/30/14 12:05 PM

I always get a kick out of the people that look at me and my car with one of those "he must be making up for something" or "he's trying to show off" looks. I didn't buy my car to make up for anything it to impress anyone other than myself. It puts a big smile on my face when I hit the highway and romp on it a bit, running though the gears in the mountains, etc.

puma1552 5/30/14 12:26 PM

I don't even think most people around me would even realize this is a $41k+ car.

But I bet if I had a bottom rung $30k German car, everyone would be thinking I was rich.

...or even if I had a clean 10 year old $8k German car...

Don't worry about those people, they have a job and can buy a Mustang too if they want.

Noilly Pratt 5/30/14 02:03 PM

I'm expecting that the neighbours will say I've gone middle-age crazy once I buy a Mustang, because by the time I expect to have one (next year) I'll be 50.

As I've gotten older, I find I care less and less what strangers think about me or my possessions.

People just love to gossip. It keeps them busy.

Stevedotmil 5/30/14 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by puma1552 (Post 6809485)
I don't even think most people around me would even realize this is a $41k+ car.

But I bet if I had a bottom rung $30k German car, everyone would be thinking I was rich.

...or even if I had a clean 10 year old $8k German car...

Don't worry about those people, they have a job and can buy a Mustang too if they want.

This is funny because living in Germany has shown me a very different perspective on car values. 3 series BMW's are the Honda Civics of Europe, the average taxi is a E Class Benz wagon or sedan, my Mustang when it first came out and was imported by a specialty importer was the equivalent of over $60K.

Plim 5/30/14 03:00 PM

Yes Steve, that is so true for most Northern European countries. Grew up in The Netherlands, and American cars would be the specials (including the price!). When I lived there, a Mustang would be as rare as a Bentley or a Ferrari.
Btw. Parking was already a nightmare with smaller European cars. How is that with your Mustang in Germany?

Stevedotmil 5/31/14 12:14 AM

It's not too bad. I try and stay away from the parking garages though as the spots are very narrow. My car ends up on a ton of German car photo pages on the net.

BBM3 6/3/14 06:54 PM

Do I feel rich?
Heck no! Frugal maybe.
This is the least expensive car I have owned in the past 15 years by a long shot and yet one of my all time favorites.
My base 14 GT has only two factory options, Track Package and Recaro's.
Amazing price to performance ratio.
My Wife's current minivan cost considerably more and I certainly do not feel rich driving her "White Whale" either.

rynaldo 6/3/14 07:25 PM

My boss is going around telling everyone he must be paying me way too much being I just bought my 2014 GT... What a joke... I guess I have to catch a bus to work, so they won't talk crap about me... I guess busting your a$$ and saving and buying your dream car is frowned on I guess...:screwy: