Notices
Deep Impact Blue

Does your Mustang make you feel rich?

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/14, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh, and here I was thinking I was the only one with this problem. I worked my A$$ off and still couldn't get one until I was recently remarried and got one as a wedding gift. Guys at work seem to treat me different now. ( not in a good way). Either way I don't care, I never thought in a million years a car could put a smile on your face ( yeah all of you know that grin you get... lol), Like this car does.
Old 6/3/14, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rynaldo
My boss is going around telling everyone he must be paying me way too much being I just bought my 2014 GT... What a joke... I guess I have to catch a bus to work, so they won't talk crap about me... I guess busting your a$$ and saving and buying your dream car is frowned on I guess...
That is so wrong.
Your personal financial decisions are yours and yours alone.
Having a boss that openly criticizes your personal choices to your co-workers?
That is seriously messed up.

You sound like a smart guy with goals and financial discipline.

I would get my resume in order, move on, and leave a big smoky burnout in the boss's parking spot to remember you by as you leave.

Who knows? In a few years maybe you can have your Pilot buzz the old office in your Gulfstream G650ER in route to meet up with your yacht in Monaco.
Old 6/3/14, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My boss is going around telling everyone he must be paying me way too much being I just bought my 2014 GT... What a joke... I guess I have to catch a bus to work, so they won't talk crap about me... I guess busting your a$$ and saving and buying your dream car is frowned on I guess...
Wow, that is soooo wrong.
I know for sure, if I did that to one of my reports, I would face trip to HR....
Old 6/4/14, 12:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Lol. I get a little bit of grief from my students. I'm a high school teacher. Kids are always asking why I don't drive a Honda like all of the other teachers. A couple of kids have said they might consider going to college and become teachers if they can buy a hot car when they get out. I didn't have the heart to tell them I had saved the money up before I became a teacher.
Old 6/4/14, 06:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A car wouldn't make me feel rich.
Being rich would make me feel rich lol.
Old 6/4/14, 07:49 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
People's perception of you really changes when they see that you have a shiny new Mustang.
Example: You suddenly have old car guys you never met coming up to you, interested females, worshipping teens, or jealous Bosses or coworkers who haven't figured out that life isn't defined by an object or numbers. Thus, they are unhappy.
This perception of you changes because of the Mustangs reputation of a "free spirited" fast, powerful, sporty, carefree, and somewhat rebellious vehicle. Keyword: Carefree Add these things up and it appears to people that YOU don't have a care in the world...just cruising down the street with your windows down. Also Mustangs aren't cheap.
The perception of being "stress free" is what people are really envious of in a slave to the grind, tax paying, wife screaming, kid puking, racing to get to the elementary school, mini van typical suburban life in America. However, all of this perception is misdirected at the Mustang instead of the owner or Themselves!

Sounds like the Boss in this post needs a reality check. How sad that he feels the need to make such a comment. I bet if it was his, he'd want red carpet and praise! I bet he'd park it where all of his employees could see it. He would want your "perception" to be "look at what Daddy has." God forbid one of his workers have something nicer than the Chief. Uggh!

That is all for now.
Dr. Phil

Last edited by Getportfolio; 6/4/14 at 07:59 AM.
Old 6/4/14, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
People's perception of you really changes when they see that you have a shiny new Mustang. Example: You suddenly have old car guys you never met coming up to you, interested females, worshipping teens, or jealous Bosses or coworkers who haven't figured out that life isn't defined by an object or numbers. Thus, they are unhappy. This perception of you changes because of the Mustangs reputation of a "free spirited" fast, powerful, sporty, carefree, and somewhat rebellious vehicle. Keyword: Carefree Add these things up and it appears to people that YOU don't have a care in the world...just cruising down the street with your windows down. Also Mustangs aren't cheap. The perception of being "stress free" is what people are really envious of in a slave to the grind, tax paying, wife screaming, kid puking, racing to get to the elementary school, mini van typical suburban life in America. However, all of this perception is misdirected at the Mustang instead of the owner or Themselves! Sounds like the Boss in this post needs a reality check. How sad that he feels the need to make such a comment. I bet if it was his, he'd want red carpet and praise! I bet he'd park it where all of his employees could see it. He would want your "perception" to be "look at what Daddy has." God forbid one of his workers have something nicer than the Chief. Uggh! That is all for now. Dr. Phil
This is why I can't stand my current office job. I'm just not meant for it. I'm seriously considering going after law enforcement again. I might wait until my son is a little older and easier for my fiancé (eventual wife) to manage when I'm not home, but I can't take being cooped up with a bunch of people whose only goal in life is to be mediocre. I need to be outside, running around, doing something that matters. Daily driving my 2014 GT will help me feel better, a little, but not when I'm stuck in traffic to and from work side by side with the boring **** people I work with, in the sea of Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais etc. I can't take it anymore.
Old 6/4/14, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Most people you will find are jealous of every thing. If it is newer and better than what they have you are rich!! I have heard this all my life when I was young I worked 3 jobs to have the car I wanted. A Hurst Olds. It was really expensive back then but that is what I wanted. I was told I was rich. Later I built a really Large house. Noticed I said I built and I did. I could never afford a house that big but I built it my self. Guess what I was called very rich. Some people will never get it.
It is not how much you make but How you spend your money...

I will tell you I just got my 2014 and It does not make me feel rich but it does make me feel popular.... I cant go anywhere with out some one or a group stopping me to see and compliment the car....

Keep up having the nice car and enjoy it..
Old 6/4/14, 08:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Most people you will find are jealous of every thing. If it is newer and better than what they have you are rich!! I have heard this all my life when I was young I worked 3 jobs to have the car I wanted. A Hurst Olds. It was really expensive back then but that is what I wanted. I was told I was rich. Later I built a really Large house. Noticed I said I built and I did. I could never afford a house that big but I built it my self. Guess what I was called very rich. Some people will never get it. It is not how much you make but How you spend your money... I will tell you I just got my 2014 and It does not make me feel rich but it does make me feel popular.... I cant go anywhere with out some one or a group stopping me to see and compliment the car.... Keep up having the nice car and enjoy it..
Just wait til I have my D-Day stripes and P-51 theme on my car
Old 6/4/14, 08:59 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Most people you will find are jealous of every thing. If it is newer and better than what they have you are rich!! I have heard this all my life when I was young I worked 3 jobs to have the car I wanted. A Hurst Olds. It was really expensive back then but that is what I wanted. I was told I was rich. Later I built a really Large house. Noticed I said I built and I did. I could never afford a house that big but I built it my self. Guess what I was called very rich. Some people will never get it.
It is not how much you make but How you spend your money...

I will tell you I just got my 2014 and It does not make me feel rich but it does make me feel popular.... I cant go anywhere with out some one or a group stopping me to see and compliment the car....

Keep up having the nice car and enjoy it..
Nailed it Like what you said and strongly agree with the "It is not how much you make but How you spend your money..."

I would definitely not consider myself rich, but I have a good income and have been very frugal over the years (Mainly thanks to my better half) and we spent money on my kids and family needs. Now that the kids are grown and supposed to be taking care of themselves I decided it was time to get something I like for me. Something that reminds me of the one I gave up back when the kids came into my life. Well worth it at the time, but now it is time to spend a little $$ on me.

Realized several years back when both of my in-laws died at young ages, that you have to save for tomorrow, but still enjoy the now. Who knows you might not be here tomorrow. Life is way too short, enjoy.
Old 6/4/14, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Nailed it Like what you said and strongly agree with the "It is not how much you make but How you spend your money..." I would definitely not consider myself rich, but I have a good income and have been very frugal over the years (Mainly thanks to my better half) and we spent money on my kids and family needs. Now that the kids are grown and supposed to be taking care of themselves I decided it was time to get something I like for me. Something that reminds me of the one I gave up back when the kids came into my life. Well worth it at the time, but now it is time to spend a little $$ on me. Realized several years back when both of my in-laws died at young ages, that you have to save for tomorrow, but still enjoy the now. Who knows you might not be here tomorrow. Life is way too short, enjoy.
We just had our first, he's 3 months old, and I just ordered my 2014 GT lol. My fiancé convinced me to, since I'm currently the sole provider and we have very minimal bills. She knows I'm miserable at my job so if I'm the only one working right now, I may as well enjoy my commute. I was all ready to buy her a new Fusion for the baby and keep my 03 but she was tired of me dumping money into it to just fix things and not actually enjoy it...so I let her twist my arm
Old 6/4/14, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
We just had our first, he's 3 months old, and I just ordered my 2014 GT lol. My fiancé convinced me to, since I'm currently the sole provider and we have very minimal bills. She knows I'm miserable at my job so if I'm the only one working right now, I may as well enjoy my commute. I was all ready to buy her a new Fusion for the baby and keep my 03 but she was tired of me dumping money into it to just fix things and not actually enjoy it...so I let her twist my arm

Man Sounds like a great Lady... Good Luck with the new toy. I just can not believe the difference of the 2014 is from the other years. I have 2006 and it is a noisy rattlely car. The others that I have had were to. The 2014 is like having a Cadillac CTS or a BMW M with a ton of power.. Enjoy
Old 6/4/14, 10:47 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...but I can't take being cooped up with a bunch of people whose only goal in life is to be mediocre. I need to be outside, running around, doing something that matters. Daily driving my 2014 GT will help me feel better, a little, but not when I'm stuck in traffic to and from work side by side with the boring **** people I work with, in the sea of Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais etc. I can't take it anymore.
Now that I'm older, I've given up on the idea that the job will fulfill me. I worked my way into a position that allows me to work from home, at the hours I want (7am until 3:30pm) and fulfillment is spending time with my family.

...and come next year I'll add a Mustang to that because I'm saving up for what I want.

And my Lady (been married 13 years) said, after working a few hours O/T "Well, that's a couple hundred more towards the Mustang fund!". A keeper, too.

Last edited by Noilly Pratt; 6/4/14 at 10:50 PM.
Old 6/4/14, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt
Now that I'm older, I've given up on the idea that the job will fulfill me. I worked my way into a position that allows me to work from home, at the hours I want (7am until 3:30pm) and fulfillment is spending time with my family. ...and come next year I'll add a Mustang to that because I'm saving up for what I want.
I'm the same way in my thinking these days.^

I actually learned a lot of things from hardships these past few years. Long story short: I have an ex that spends every waking hour trying to avenge me for fighting to stay in my daughters life. (Fought 3 years in court.) She spent all of her fathers 401k and savings and still ended up losing in the end in court. All that money used for revenge. So sad.

These days, She continues to harass me and my new wife with allegations, program my daughter to hate me, and basically try to ruin my life...it doesn't phase me.

Lol My Mustang was actually used against me in court. Her attorney used it to paint me as a "narcissistic person with an expensive car." I still rejoice when I hear the judge says "he bought his son the same car" in my mental replay. Even attorney think people who drive Mustangs have coin.

In the end I say:

Focus on your children and family. Let those superficial people foolishly focus on being jealous of your car or house as they waste their lives. Meanwhile the clock ticks for all of us...our children grow, we age, we make precious memories, our memories live through our children, not a vehicle or house. Rejoice in your children!

I bring up my ex because she's a good example of this lesson I had to learn. You spend your time focusing on someone else's life, you neglect your own.

Time waits for no man.

How did you spend yours?
Old 6/4/14, 11:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt
Now that I'm older, I've given up on the idea that the job will fulfill me. I worked my way into a position that allows me to work from home, at the hours I want (7am until 3:30pm) and fulfillment is spending time with my family. ...and come next year I'll add a Mustang to that because I'm saving up for what I want. And my Lady (been married 13 years) said, after working a few hours O/T "Well, that's a couple hundred more towards the Mustang fund!". A keeper, too.
I hear ya. My parents have tried to convince me of the same (funny enough my dad was a cop and retired at 50, so what does he know? He did exactly what he wanted for his career...of course there were bumps and it wasn't easy, but he was happy because he WAS doing what he wanted on a daily basis). At my current job, I eventually will have the opportunity to change to a 7-3:30 schedule, which I will gladly do since I'll be able to avoid rush hour at least going to work, and get to spend time with the family more after work, and I'd eventually be able to work from home too. I just don't want to do this work lol.
Old 6/5/14, 12:05 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All that money used for revenge. So sad.
It is truly bizarre. May they all rot in poverty until they die for their ridiculous petty childishness wasting their life energy on attacking others rather than on improving themselves and correcting their own many flaws.

Moral of the job story... self employment! Definitely challenging and many more hours, but... its all for you - instead of coin in the pocket of the boss! Freedom and self-fulfillment...
Old 6/5/14, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Mustang makes me feel younger but certainly not rich. Rich people around here drive Cadillacs, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Lincoln, etc, not $30,000 Mustang GT's.
Old 6/5/14, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
It is truly bizarre. May they all rot in poverty until they die for their ridiculous petty childishness wasting their life energy on attacking others rather than on improving themselves and correcting their own many flaws. Moral of the job story... self employment! Definitely challenging and many more hours, but... its all for you - instead of coin in the pocket of the boss! Freedom and self-fulfillment...
It gets better Charlie.

My ex has not held a job in 5 years and has been living off my support, her parents, and the Government. I can't wrap my mind around how these people slip through the cracks and are basically freeloaders in society?

On that note, Her attorney actually scheduled a whole hearing on the basis that my child support should be calculated on what college degrees I have/highest recorded salaries for these degrees...and NOT my current income for the past 3 years. She felt that I should be paying more so she "can have more financial freedom and travel." This statement alone sank her ship in the courtroom as the judge admonished her for not even mentioned our daughter and how the money should be used to support her not the lazy mother. They even went after my wife's money that day!

I'm all about being self sufficient and not getting hand outs. I teach my daughter that anything of worth in this life comes from hard work. She wants a Mustang for her first car and she will earn it by working for it. I will not give it to her with a bow on it in some cheesy "16 b-day" way.

P.s. The judge actually cut my support payments in half ... Told me I had been paying too much for too long! Go figure.
Old 6/5/14, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It gets better Charlie. My ex has not held a job in 5 years and has been living off my support, her parents, and the Government. I can't wrap my mind around how these people slip through the cracks and are basically freeloaders in society? On that note, Her attorney actually scheduled a whole hearing on the basis that my child support should be calculated on what college degrees I have/highest recorded salaries for these degrees...and NOT my current income for the past 3 years. She felt that I should be paying more so she "can have more financial freedom and travel." This statement alone sank her ship in the courtroom as the judge admonished her for not even mentioned our daughter and how the money should be used to support her not the lazy mother. They even went after my wife's money that day! I'm all about being self sufficient and not getting hand outs. I teach my daughter that anything of worth in this life comes from hard work. She wants a Mustang for her first car and she will earn it by working for it. I will not give it to her with a bow on it in some cheesy "16 b-day" way. P.s. The judge actually cut my support payments in half ... Told me I had been paying too much for too long! Go figure.
That is asinine. How the hell did you marry her in the first place? Lol...

I'm going to be the same with my son. When I was growing up I had chores and I had jobs around the house. The chores were expected, but the jobs were above and beyond and I was given an allowance for doing them (things like cutting the grass). I plan to do this around 5-6 with my son to establish that same work ethic. I'll have him save up his allowance until he's 15 and starts working, just like I did, so that he can buy his own Mustang for his first car.
Old 6/5/14, 11:00 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
That is asinine. How the hell did you marry her in the first place? Lol...
She must have had a golden vagina at some point

Quick Reply: Does your Mustang make you feel rich?