Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

LS #510 arrived Friday evening

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/11, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS #510 arrived Friday evening

The latest updates had shown it scheduled to arrive on the 12th but Friday evening my salesman sent me a text with pictures that it had come in. Per our agreement, he pulled it inside and didn't let anyone touch it. I know how dealerships wash new cars and I didn't want then to screw up the paint or drill holes in the front bumper. The dealership I went through is about 40 miles away and my daughter just happened to have a volleyball tournament in that town on Saturday. (They won the tourney btw.) I told him I wanted to come see it but that I wouldn't be able to get a check from my bank until Monday. He said no problem you can do the paperwork and take delivery and then get us the check next week. My salesman worked with me on getting the service department to do only what I wanted done and letting me do the rest all while I was running back and forth to the high school so that I could watch each of my daughter's games. When I sat down with the finance guy I told him that I knew to answer very satisfied on the survey and I didn't want anything that wasn't free. They showed me the paperwork which was MSRP plus TTL and $122 paperwork fee which they have to charge everyone or no one by Texas law. The car had 6.3 miles on it when it rolled off the truck and still showed 6.3 when I picked it up.

I can't say enough about the car. It is awesome and with the exhaust plates removed it sounds incredible. I just had it detailed and when I get home I will post pics even though it looks like all the other black LS's that you see everywhere.

One question since I haven't read through the manual yet. When I get up over about 5000 RPM, the A/C compressor cuts out and it starts blowing warm air. Is that normal? Is it a feature to let it make more power by shutting down the compressor?

Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep it somewhere close to the legal speed limit.
Old 9/12/11, 04:43 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats on your new car. Sounds like an awesome dealer letting you get all that done _before_ they get your check!

When you have some time, drop by the registry threadto let us know about your car. If you don't want to sign up for an account there, you can PM me the info.

Last edited by PTRocks; 9/12/11 at 04:44 PM.
Old 9/12/11, 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ApexCars
One question since I haven't read through the manual yet. When I get up over about 5000 RPM, the A/C compressor cuts out and it starts blowing warm air. Is that normal? Is it a feature to let it make more power by shutting down the compressor?
Congrats on the Boss

The compressor cutting out is normal for the reason you mentioned but also I guess it extends the life not running at high RPM's. I actually thought it was more to do with throttle position then RPM's but I have not seen the specs on that.
Old 9/12/11, 09:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 9/12/11, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Congrats on the Boss

The compressor cutting out is normal for the reason you mentioned but also I guess it extends the life not running at high RPM's. I actually thought it was more to do with throttle position then RPM's but I have not seen the specs on that.
Could be due to throttle position. I was doing break in runs so I was in lower gears and as fast as this things revs when you nail it, it may have just taken a second for the air to get warm enough for me to notice.
Old 9/12/11, 11:28 PM
GT Member

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing another LS on the road.
Old 9/13/11, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Enjoy your new Beast!
Old 9/13/11, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Scott, that's fantastic! Big time congrats! Great dealership, too!
I'm partial to black LS's. Post them pics!!!!
Old 9/13/11, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

What day was the car built ?

I saw # 501 coming down the line on Thursday Aug. 18.

Just trying to get an idea on production to delivery.
Old 9/14/11, 03:25 PM
GT Member

08/19 is the date Deysha gave me as a completion date.
Old 9/15/11, 09:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The latest updates had shown it scheduled to arrive on the 12th but Friday evening my salesman sent me a text with pictures that it had come in.
08/19 is the date Deysha gave me as a completion date.
Hey ApexCars,

CONGRATU-MA-LATIONS on your new ride!!! (My special way of saying congrats) I can’t wait to see the pics! I also want to congratulate your daughter for winning her tournament. I’m very happy everything worked out great for you. I researched your question and this is normal. If you accelerate hard (wide open throttle) or go to higher RPMs, the vehicle will shut down the air compressor to eliminate an extra load from the engine. Also, I wanted to let you know that your baby’s birthday is Aug-23-2011. I have to make sure you celebrate it on the right day. Now, go out there and take some pictures and enjoy your new ride!!

Deysha