2012-2013 BOSS 302

A little chicken poop by Ford..

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/11 | 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Just checked to see if ford maybe hooked me up with some BOSS bezels in my GT... No go... Dang
Old 9/17/11 | 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
It shouldn't be a dealer issue, it's a factory issue.
See below...vvv

Originally Posted by PACETTR
The part is not defective.

Agree with this part, but it's not realistic to think that any manufacturer has 100% QC.

The dealer "should" have caught it at PDI.

The customer "should" have caught it at delivery.

If it was a customer at my store I would eat it.
Happy ending!

The dealer I bought the car from, left a message and said they ordered the panel for me and it came in!

Now all I have to do is decide whether to drive 3 hours for the install or just pay my local dealer to do it. We think it requires removing the passenger airbag or I'd do it myself.
Congrats
Old 9/18/11 | 03:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Going by the Blend numbers, Bosses are always mixed in with the other cars when going down the line, regardless of order type. The production numbers are fairly constant, about 5-6 LSes and 15-20 Bosses per day.
But how could that be? I thought the Bosses were super duper extra special cars that were built by Jesus himself. There's no way a car that rare and awesome could possibly come off of the same line as a "regular" Mustang that us peons drive.

J/K, don't get you're panties in a bunch Boss guys.
Old 9/18/11 | 04:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Same assembly line. But guided by angels. And the engines in Canada are given a native power prayer blessing, but otherwise they are like a basic Mustang. Just they get us closer to God.

JKtoo
Old 9/18/11 | 10:42 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Same assembly line. But guided by angels. And the engines in Canada are given a native power prayer blessing, but otherwise they are like a basic Mustang. Just they get us closer to God.

JKtoo
Old 9/18/11 | 11:44 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Do you know what's that white stuff on top of chicken poop?
Old 9/18/11 | 11:50 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Do you know what's that white stuff on top of chicken poop?
More chicken poop? Lol
Old 9/20/11 | 02:50 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Hey guys!

I just wanted to reach out to everyone who has the chrome vent covers. The vent covers are indeed supposed to have a satin finish. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and your dealer. I will get in touch with the Customer Service Manager in your area so this can be addressed.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I would pm Deysha about this one.
Originally Posted by texastboneking
+1 daysha can get you fixed up most likely.
Thank you for the mention, guys!!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 9/20/11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 9/20/11 | 05:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Deysha. Our own personal mustang angel. You rock!
Old 9/20/11 | 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

See my post here.

https://themustangsource.com/f813/my...3/#post6144709
Old 9/20/11 | 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

The SELLING DEALER should have made it right. That's not to say Ford didn't make a build error, but that stuff can and does happen.
Old 9/20/11 | 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

The selling dealer is making it right, but what a stupid policy that states cosmetic build errors must be found in the first 3 days of ownership. Come on where's the common sense in this. I'm done.
Old 9/20/11 | 09:56 PM
Cobra Member

The selling dealer is making it right, but what a stupid policy that states cosmetic build errors must be found in the first 3 days of ownership. Come on where's the common sense in this. I'm done.

The common sense is that the DEALER is responsible (remember, I work at a dealership). Who's to say that someone wouldn't defraud Ford by swapping in a cheaper part and then claiming it was misbuilt?

There has to be a limit for something that is the responsibility of the dealer to catch.
Old 9/20/11 | 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, you're right! I didn't realize someone could install a chrome part that didn't match the rest of the vents so Ford would have to fix it.
Old 9/20/11 | 10:24 PM
FR500 Member

The common sense is that the DEALER is responsible (remember, I work at a dealership). Who's to say that someone wouldn't defraud Ford by swapping in a cheaper part and then claiming it was misbuilt?

There has to be a limit for something that is the responsibility of the dealer to catch.
You have a good point. In my case I have the second car after mine which has the same defect. That car is in Georgia, and is for sale here:

You can see the chrome vents in the interior pics.
Old 9/21/11 | 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wait wait wait. How is the dealership responsible for it when it was built wrong from the factory? Not to mention how could someone so easily swap out this part when everyone is saying that it needs to be done by the dealership because it is not something that can be fixed unless done by a dealership?

I mean did I miss something here? When did people stop becoming accountable for their mistakes? I think a good dealership would step up, contact Ford, explain the problem, then make it right. I don't think the dealership should have to eat any costs when it was the parent company that screwed it up from the get go.

I do like the post about how the cars can be rare and now be a 1 of 1, but at the same time you did pay for something very specific and should receive what your paid for.
Old 9/21/11 | 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
Wait wait wait. How is the dealership responsible for it when it was built wrong from the factory? Not to mention how could someone so easily swap out this part when everyone is saying that it needs to be done by the dealership because it is not something that can be fixed unless done by a dealership?

I mean did I miss something here? When did people stop becoming accountable for their mistakes? I think a good dealership would step up, contact Ford, explain the problem, then make it right. I don't think the dealership should have to eat any costs when it was the parent company that screwed it up from the get go.

I do like the post about how the cars can be rare and now be a 1 of 1, but at the same time you did pay for something very specific and should receive what your paid for.

You're not a very good listener.
Old 9/21/11 | 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should take your own advice. My father always told me that in retail, the customer is ALWAYS right.
Old 9/21/11 | 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

You should take your own advice. My father always told me that in retail, the customer is ALWAYS right.
You aren't a very good listener either.

A) I stated (correctly) that the DEALER should make it right. I believe you said they are. Perfect.

B) The customer is very often wrong; it is the responsibility of the business to manage the customer's perception to make them feel right. Did your father own a car dealership?

The business in this case is the DEALER. Ford is a manufacturer. Dealers retail their products. It is the DEALER'S responsibility to inspect the vehicles at delivery. There is protocol for this, including a time limit.

Therefore, if the dealer ACCEPTS the vehicle as delivered, it then becomes their responsibility if it is misbuilt. Same goes for scratches, dents, etc.

You also technically accepted the vehicle at delivery, and it is not the dealer's responsibility (technically) to do anything at all, but IMO it is the right thing to do (as I previously stated I would do it at my store) to make you FEEL right, even though you are wrong.

Ultimately the dealer AND Ford SHOULD (and I believe they do) want you to be happy. (FWIW I do too, in spite of your incessant arguing over a point of which you are ignorant)

I also agree that it shouldn't have taken Deysha's intervention to get the dealer to take responsibility.

Once again, I'm glad you are getting what you want and your car will be as you want it
Old 9/21/11 | 08:51 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

You aren't a very good listener either.

A) I stated (correctly) that the DEALER should make it right. I believe you said they are. Perfect.

B) The customer is very often wrong; it is the responsibility of the business to manage the customer's perception to make them feel right. Did your father own a car dealership?

The business in this case is the DEALER. Ford is a manufacturer. Dealers retail their products. It is the DEALER'S responsibility to inspect the vehicles at delivery. There is protocol for this, including a time limit.

Therefore, if the dealer ACCEPTS the vehicle as delivered, it then becomes their responsibility if it is misbuilt. Same goes for scratches, dents, etc.

You also technically accepted the vehicle at delivery, and it is not the dealer's responsibility (technically) to do anything at all, but IMO it is the right thing to do (as I previously stated I would do it at my store) to make you FEEL right, even though you are wrong.

Ultimately the dealer AND Ford SHOULD (and I believe they do) want you to be happy. (FWIW I do too, in spite of your incessant arguing over a point of which you are ignorant)

I also agree that it shouldn't have taken Deysha's intervention to get the dealer to take responsibility.

Once again, I'm glad you are getting what you want and your car will be as you want it
So let me make sure I get this right.
It's the dealers fault for not catching the chrome error.

So does that make it walmarts fault if I buy a gallon of 5w20 motor oil and the bottle was missmarked and was really powersteering fluid? After all Walmart was the retailer

Quick Reply: A little chicken poop by Ford..