2012-2013 BOSS 302

A little chicken poop by Ford..

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/11 | 10:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Never.

They should have built it right the first time.
Old 9/16/11 | 06:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
The length of the warranty. Same as any defective part.
The part is not defective.

Originally Posted by askjeffro

They should have built it right the first time.
Agree with this part, but it's not realistic to think that any manufacturer has 100% QC.

The dealer "should" have caught it at PDI.

The customer "should" have caught it at delivery.

If it was a customer at my store I would eat it.
Old 9/16/11 | 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

It shouldn't be a dealer issue, it's a factory issue.
Old 9/16/11 | 07:26 AM
GT Member

I despise it when someone reads the pure letter of the law instead of trying to use proper customer service; in customer service, companies need to apply the situation to the rule instead of the rule to the situation.

Very poor service not replacing. This was a manufacturing flaw, using the wrong part and not a cosmetic thing. What if they used the wrong rear-end, would they say you only had 36 hours to notice.
Old 9/16/11 | 08:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

I had a "build error" on my 2001 Bullitt and I'm sure it wasn't reported to Ford for weeks after delivery. They installed regular GT side scoops instead of the "scooplets" that are part of the Bullitt package. They replaced them without a problem. And, the Ford dealership that took care of the problem wasn't even the dealership where I bought the car.
Old 9/16/11 | 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's a very good point, do we all have to take the covers off our rear end to see if the Torsen was installed?
Old 9/16/11 | 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll turn around

Dave,

I'll turn around while you take the cover off your rear end.

that's a bad policy on Ford's part.

Sounds like the dealer you took it to is being helpful, but if you think another dealer might be more helpful, I'll intro you to my friends in morgan hill.

that goes for all forum members, for that matter...if you're in the bay area and don't think you're getting the straight scoop from a dealer, ping me. I used to be a Ford rep and know a few of the dealers around here VERY well.

That's a very good point, do we all have to take the covers off our rear end to see if the Torsen was installed?
Old 9/16/11 | 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

You guys are CRAZY!!!!

You already have a SUPER rare collectible car. Probably less than 4,000 right?!

Just document that Ford admits its an anomaly and now instead of 1 of 4000 you probably have 1 of 1. How many of your color with your options got the wrong center vent trim? Probably 1.

I'd brag about it, it wouldn't irritate me in the least.
Old 9/16/11 | 11:33 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE=4pipes;6141498]You must report "cosmetic" problems within first 36 hour of ownership to the delivering dealer.[QUOTE]

You would think they have some responsibility to inform the buyer of this. My dealer never mentioned any kind of time limit to report an issue. Never heard of that before. IS that written in the fine print on the purchase contract?

I know its cosmetic, but what if it were something affecting safety?
Oh, I bet that would be taken care of no problem.

Car built wrong = Tuff
Car Built wrong & someone is hurt = Law Suit and big $$ settlement.

Bean counters at work to protect bottom line.
They should fix this no questions asked. Then go back and review their QC plan to make sure this doesn't happen.

Total - Bovine Scatology
Old 9/16/11 | 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Happy ending!

The dealer I bought the car from, left a message and said they ordered the panel for me and it came in!

Now all I have to do is decide whether to drive 3 hours for the install or just pay my local dealer to do it. We think it requires removing the passenger airbag or I'd do it myself.
Old 9/16/11 | 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://jalopnik.com/5841061/how-does...he-wrong-parts
Old 9/16/11 | 10:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/17/11 | 05:26 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

now thats a qc problem
Old 9/17/11 | 05:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Just out of curiosity: Were the Bosses with mismatched bezels built to order or were they already stocked at the dealer? It may be an issue if Ford is doing a run of Bosses at a certain time, or if it's the Bosses that are coming down the line in between GT's and base models. Not that it would change anything, just wondering.
Old 9/17/11 | 07:30 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Just out of curiosity: Were the Bosses with mismatched bezels built to order or were they already stocked at the dealer? It may be an issue if Ford is doing a run of Bosses at a certain time, or if it's the Bosses that are coming down the line in between GT's and base models. Not that it would change anything, just wondering.
Going by the Blend numbers, Bosses are always mixed in with the other cars when going down the line, regardless of order type. The production numbers are fairly constant, about 5-6 LSes and 15-20 Bosses per day.

I'm fairly certain the mixup happened on the sub line for the dashboards. I don't know if they are assembled at AAI or one of the suppliers. If it was at AAI, it was probably when someone took a break to go to the washroom, and their replacement wasn't properly trained.

It could have been a parts shortage problem, but I'm hoping in this day Ford wouldn't be so callous as to build the car without flagging it for repair off the line.
Old 9/17/11 | 07:35 AM
FR500 Member

I know mine is.

BTW, the part finally came in yesterday, my car goes under the knife on Monday.

Last edited by PTRocks; 9/17/11 at 02:05 PM.
Old 9/17/11 | 07:37 AM
FR500 Member

Happy ending!

The dealer I bought the car from, left a message and said they ordered the panel for me and it came in!

Now all I have to do is decide whether to drive 3 hours for the install or just pay my local dealer to do it. We think it requires removing the passenger airbag or I'd do it myself.
That's awesome. In my case I've had to work with two dealers, the one I bought the car from in the U.S. for the parts, and my local dealer for the install. Still waiting for one of the two parts to come in.
Old 9/17/11 | 08:06 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Originally Posted by PTRocks

Going by the Blend numbers, Bosses are always mixed in with the other cars when going down the line, regardless of order type. The production numbers are fairly constant, about 5-6 LSes and 15-20 Bosses per day.

I'm fairly certain the mixup happened on the sub line for the dashboards. I don't know if they are assembled at AAI or one of the suppliers. If it was at AAI, it was probably when someone took a break to go to the washroom, and their replacement wasn't properly trained.

It could have been a parts shortage problem, but I'm hoping in this day Ford wouldn't be so callous as to build the car without flagging it for repair off the line.
I hear you. Is there a difference between the LS and the regular boss bezels? And also, I'm sure they are covered in plastic when they are being installed. It's seems like an easy part to miss. Good luck with getting these swapped out.
Old 9/17/11 | 12:46 PM
Post *****

Total bummer.
Old 9/17/11 | 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I hear you. Is there a difference between the LS and the regular boss bezels? And also, I'm sure they are covered in plastic when they are being installed. It's seems like an easy part to miss. Good luck with getting these swapped out.
The bezels are the same for both cars.

Quick Reply: A little chicken poop by Ford..