Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/11, 08:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone consider silver stripes? or possibly a little darker with gunmetal stripes? I think silver would take the loudness out of the white while maintaining the contrast.

Dave
Old 3/7/11, 08:57 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
Anyone consider silver stripes? or possibly a little darker with gunmetal stripes? I think silver would take the loudness out of the white while maintaining the contrast.

Dave
I want to stick with original Ford decals and they only come in white and black. These are shiny decals and not the typical tape used in stripe kits. They could be the same but I don't think so. I've seen them in person twice.
Old 3/7/11, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I want to stick with original Ford decals and they only come in white and black. These are shiny decals and not the typical tape used in stripe kits. They could be the same but I don't think so. I've seen them in person twice.
You would be surprised to find what Automotive Graphic design companies can offer by duplicating shiny factory decals. Maybe even at a fraction of the cost. If you are going with a non-factory offered color (based on body paint), why limit yourself to just two colors. Gloss silver would look hot on all the paint options, imo.

Dave
Old 3/7/11, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Don't forget RED LS.
Old 3/7/11, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by iDrive

Dave
Dave - I am considering other colors besides black, I'll let everyone know where I land once the car arrives.

Rick, I'll post up the pic in my avatar tonight, don't have the pic on my work computer
Old 3/7/11, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by LQQK
Don't forget RED LS.
Oh yeah. I can add the red graphics and paint my wheels red too.
Old 3/7/11, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

"GO BIG RED"
Old 3/7/11, 11:00 AM
Cobra R Member

That would make your car faster
Old 3/7/11, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to stick with original
Ha, you sound like a closed minded old guy now

Originally Posted by Big Vito
That would make your car faster
Sorry bud you need tri-coat for that

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/7/11 at 01:04 PM.
Old 3/7/11, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Ha, you sound like a closed minded old guy now
Well that's 2012 original.

If someone finds EXACT replica decals for the 2012 Boss please post a link. Just for clarification the decals are one piece with the pin stripes and there's clear in between the pin stripes and main portion. Do the aftermarket guys do that?
Old 3/7/11, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Still missing the one with the black roof!
If it was me, I paint the roof black and add the black stripes. 20 years from now who going to remember that Kona blue didn't come with black.

Old 3/7/11, 05:50 PM

I was hoping somebody would do that. I agree the black roof would look great with the black stripes but I doubt I'll do it. If I do anything my progression will be to paint the roof blue. If I still don't like the white stripes I'll swap them out with black. I'm not going to paint my roof twice. Now if someone else paints their roof black and adds the black stripes before I get my car, and it looks really cool, I might paint the roof black.

Who's going first?
Old 3/7/11, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

I was hoping somebody would do that. I agree the black roof would look great with the black stripes but I doubt I'll do it. If I do anything my progression will be to paint the roof blue. If I still don't like the white stripes I'll swap them out with black. I'm not going to paint my roof twice. Now if someone else paints their roof black and adds the black stripes before I get my car, and it looks really cool, I might paint the roof black.

Who's going first?
Paint half the roof black and the other half blue
Old 3/7/11, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Paint half the roof black and the other half blue
LOL!! But which side would you paint blue and which side black??
Old 3/7/11, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree the black roof would look great with the black stripes but I doubt I'll do it. If I do anything my progression will be to paint the roof blue.

... or :drumroll: you could have saved yourself the headache but spending the few extra dollars for a real color cheapskate
Old 3/7/11, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
Dave - I am considering other colors besides black, I'll let everyone know where I land once the car arrives.

Rick, I'll post up the pic in my avatar tonight, don't have the pic on my work computer
Here we go:
Attached Thumbnails Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-boss302-kona-blue-blk-low.jpg  
Old 3/7/11, 06:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... or :drumroll: you could have saved yourself the headache but spending the few extra dollars for a real color cheapskate
He does have a point. That yellow car has been calling my name lately..... All this waiting is making us second guess EVERYTHING
Old 3/7/11, 06:44 PM

Oh I've been thinking about it. I like the red/black combo a lot but ordered the blue car because I've never owned a blue car before. I've owned all of the other colors (except orange) including a couple of red cars. I discussed switching to a red/black car to save some money and my wife likes the blue better and has no problem spending what ever it takes to add black stripes. She's pretty fired up about the car as her parents were the original owners of a red 1966 Mustang with a 6 in it. But she wants blue and so do I so we'll stay with our original selection.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/7/11 at 07:09 PM.
Old 3/7/11, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

http://www.mustangevolution.com/2011...ustang+News%29

Have you seen this poll yet. It is pretty much in line with the others out there as far as the top two colors, blue and orange. This one has more votes then all the others. I love the blue and it really has grown on me over time but I am still surprised it is the second most popular color.

Poll orange and blue (close) way behind red, really way behind yellow then white.
(like most polls this one left out Big Vito and stripe colors)

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/7/11 at 06:56 PM.
Old 3/8/11, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Who's going first?
If your going to paint the roof blue, I would remove the strips all together and go with the sleeper look.

Quick Reply: Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof