2012-2013 BOSS 302

Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/11, 07:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
Rick - I hadn't seen that spoiler but I really like it! I was planning to go with a GT500 style rear spoiler.
Maybe if we order two at the same time we can save some money! They are finally coming out with CF mirror shells as well.
Attached Thumbnails Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-img_4546.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/2/11, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Maybe if we order two at the same time we can save some money! They are finally coming out with CF mirror shells as well.
If I decide to go that route, we can ask the question - shipping might be a different story since you are in Cali and I'm in Carolina!
Old 3/2/11, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So that spoiler bolts right into the existing holes, no need to drill more? Should look nice.

shipping might be a different story since you are in Cali and I'm in Carolina!
You can always send them to FL since I am (more or less) right in the middle, I will keep a good eye on them for you
Old 3/2/11, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
So that spoiler bolts right into the existing holes, no need to drill more? Should look nice.
Correct. It's an exact replica of the Mustang GT500 spoiler and uses the same four holes at the GT spoiler on the Boss cars. Unlike some of the other aftermarket GT500 spoilers the TruCarbon also uses the Ford Gurney lip. You use fishing line to remove the stock spoiler and then clean the tape residue. Then use the tape on the TruCarbon spoiler along with the four bolts and you're set. Shouldn't take more than an hour to do. I'll store the original spoiler in my attic.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/2/11 at 08:51 PM.
Old 3/3/11, 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

You can always send them to FL since I am (more or less) right in the middle, I will keep a good eye on them for you
Old 3/6/11, 02:08 PM

Another member came through with a couple of more PS of the Kona Blue Boss. Thank you! I won't mention who so you don't all bug him for more PS work. Anyway here is stock, roof painted blue, blue roof with black stripes, and black roof with black stripes. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-p1130360a.jpg   Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-blue-boss-302.blue-roof-w-white.jpg   Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-blue-boss-302.blue-roof-w-black.jpg   Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-blue-boss-302.black-roof-w-black.jpg  

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/7/11 at 05:53 PM.
Old 3/6/11, 02:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Another member came through with a couple of more PS of the Kona Blue Boss. Thank you! I won't mention who so you don't all bug him for more PS work. Anyway here is stock, roof painted blue, and blue roof with black stripes. What do you think?
Love it in black- but to sound like a broken record - you should do the deck also Just painting the roof and leaving the rest white looks real rice also.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/6/11 at 02:18 PM.
Old 3/6/11, 02:23 PM

Love it in black- but to sound like a broken record - you should do the deck also Just painting the roof and leaving the rest white looks real rice also.
I know, I know, but I won't be painting the trunk black or white.

Another thing I'm thinking about if leaving the white stripes and either painting the black spokes white or buying some True Forged Speed Seven wheels and have the centers powder coated gloss white to match the stripes. That is if I dare to be different. You can play around with their wheel editor at the link below. Thoughts?

http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/wheeleditor/
Old 3/6/11, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another member came through with a couple of more PS of the Kona Blue Boss. Thank you! I won't mention who so you don't all bug him for more PS work. Anyway here is stock, roof painted blue, and blue roof with black stripes. What do you think?
I still like the factory design. There's not enough contrast with the Kona and black (both dark), and the blue roof makes it look like a GT with some after-market decals IMO.
Old 3/6/11, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by cloud9
I still like the factory design. There's not enough contrast with the Kona and black (both dark), and the blue roof makes it look like a GT with some after-market decals IMO.
What do you think of white spokes on the wheels?
Old 3/6/11, 02:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Everyone likes something different but my opinion would be a big no on white wheels. It may work on something else but the Boss?

I (personally) would restrict any changes to one of two things. Is it available on a 12 Boss, black vs. white stripes, gauge packs etc. or was it like the original, louvers etc. again just me Of course changes for racing are different.
Old 3/6/11, 03:11 PM

I know you're big into the original look so here you go. They would be similar to the second photo. Again I'm more thinking out loud and appreciate yours and others opinions on this.
Attached Thumbnails Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-06oct063.jpg   Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof-cimg5445.jpg  
Old 3/6/11, 04:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What do you think of white spokes on the wheels?
Hmm. Would have to see them photoshopped. They look good on the white car, but not sure about on the Kona Boss. To me the gloss black looks good on the Kona. The white wheels might be...well too much white...but would be worth looking at if you can get a PS.
Old 3/6/11, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by cloud9
Another way to think about the blue/white is it's the most different from the other Boss cars. Looking at the different options helps me pass the time.
Old 3/6/11, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

The shadow of the wheel is kind of weird, but I didn't want to spend forever doing it either...seeing as how I'm no chopping expert. But anyways, here is the quick rendition of the white wheels I came up with

Old 3/6/11, 06:16 PM

Thanks Shane. Well it doesn't look horrible. I'll see if I can find some similar wheels with a straight on shot and PS them on the car.
Old 3/6/11, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

I really like the Kona w/Black although painting the roof makes a huge improvement in my book. I know others say it makes it look like a GT with a stripe kit - however they will know different when I press the loud pedal
Old 3/7/11, 07:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I really like the Kona w/Black although painting the roof makes a huge improvement in my book. I know others say it makes it look like a GT with a stripe kit - however they will know different when I press the loud pedal
Making it uniquely yours either for performance or style is what owning a Mustang is all about in my book!
Old 3/7/11, 08:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Still missing the one with the black roof!
Old 3/7/11, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Still missing the one with the black roof!
I didn't ask him for one. We already have a couple with a black roof so I wanted to see one with a blue roof. I think I have another at home that hasn't been posted in this thread and I'll add it tonight. It's the one in MustangFanatic's avatar. Steve do you have it handy?

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/7/11 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Kona Blue and Black Stripes/Roof