2012-2013 BOSS 302

Getting the track key

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/11, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
..now it's the only key I'll use.
Even if it does the same thing as the black one?
Old 3/17/11, 07:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand the way it works but what I am driving at is if the keys are identical. In other works you know for sure that there no difference in the key what-so-ever besides the color on the case, a black key could be programed just the same as a red key (like the MyKey)?
Old 3/17/11, 07:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
I understand the way it works but what I am driving at is if the keys are identical. In other works you know for sure that there no difference in the key what-so-ever besides the color on the case, a black key could be programed just the same as a red key (like the MyKey)?
I understand your question now. Yea, TracKey is still a bit of the man behind the curtain a 'la The Wizard of Oz.
Old 3/17/11, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh...I also misunderstood the question then. In that case, the only reason I say red key is because it has been the only one actually talked about in regards to getting the different tune in the car. And I'm not sure exactly how they are accomplishing this either, so I 2nd the wizard of oz comment
Old 3/17/11, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Even if it does the same thing as the black one?
It won't when ford is done. Trackey sounds a lot better than MyKey 2

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 3/17/11 at 07:40 PM.
Old 3/17/11, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Both keys are IDENTICAL...until you get whichever key you wish reprogrammed with the TracKey code...of course most of us would Key!!! LOL

The card that comes with the keys is funny "to make the most of your Boss 302 go to Ford Racing to find out more about TracKey" LOL i went there and learned nothing!!
Old 3/22/11, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Both keys are IDENTICAL...until you get whichever key you wish reprogrammed with the TracKey code...of course most of us would Key!!! LOL

The card that comes with the keys is funny "to make the most of your Boss 302 go to Ford Racing to find out more about TracKey" LOL i went there and learned nothing!!
After talking to Ford a few times, they put the cart in front of the horse on this one. No biggie as its still coming. Just get used to the current "docile" driving experience before Ford Racing "blows your mind".
Old 3/22/11, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Latest from Ford

I found a Ford Cars salesman (here in SE Michigan) that has a few buddies working at Ford Racing. The latest is that they have modified almost 600 parameters! As we suspected the hold up is environmental emissions related, waiting on Gov't approval. Our hard earned Tax dollars again at work! Latest is that now it is pushed back to late Summer 2011. Take it for what it is worth, third-hand Info. I was told he would put my name on an email list to be notified when the Trackey is ready.
Old 3/22/11, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
I found a Ford Cars salesman (here in SE Michigan) that has a few buddies working at Ford Racing. The latest is that they have modified almost 600 parameters! As we suspected the hold up is environmental emissions related, waiting on Gov't approval. Our hard earned Tax dollars again at work! Latest is that now it is pushed back to late Summer 2011. Take it for what it is worth, third-hand Info. I was told he would put my name on an email list to be notified when the Trackey is ready.
And kindly pass on any info you might get. Thank you! The info from Ford has been slowwwwww
Old 3/22/11, 03:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
While I love that they keep improving it, really can't we just release version 1.0? I mean c'mon all the testing and mag reviews were done with it. Everyone's expecting these cars to perform and now it's like the auto show hype. You bring out something that everyone oohs and ahhs about, but then you can't actually buy it. I mean it's software, it gets updated, release a version you can get through emissions and then go for round 2.
Old 3/22/11, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the holdup is PURELY California related and the other 49 states are getting screwed around by CA's overly strict emissions regs. I say the he++ with CA and give the rest of us the TracKey now!
Old 3/22/11, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
While I love that they keep improving it, really can't we just release version 1.0? I mean c'mon all the testing and mag reviews were done with it. Everyone's expecting these cars to perform and now it's like the auto show hype. You bring out something that everyone oohs and ahhs about, but then you can't actually buy it. I mean it's software, it gets updated, release a version you can get through emissions and then go for round 2.
This
Old 3/22/11, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
I think the holdup is PURELY California related and the other 49 states are getting screwed around by CA's overly strict emissions regs. I say the he++ with CA and give the rest of us the TracKey now!
This too
Old 3/22/11, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Bump. When I reserved the car I understood I'd have two keys because that was the way things were presented by Ford media, not that the TracKey program was in some kind of "beta test" phase. Sorry advertising on Ford's part.

Plus I feel old and I am having a hard time waiting for my current ETA date, now moved to 3/26. When I'm behind the wheel it won't matter as much.

Last edited by bigbossman; 3/22/11 at 05:02 PM.
Old 3/23/11, 06:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

No the holdup is PURELY Ford related. All Boss cars are 50 state certified. If Ford hasn't met the CA standards it's a fail on their part. These standards are nothing new and Ford has had almost eight months to get this ready. I'm as frustrated as anyone on this and I hope Ford gets it together quickly.
Old 3/23/11, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
No the holdup is PURELY Ford related. All Boss cars are 50 state certified. If Ford hasn't met the CA standards it's a fail on their part. These standards are nothing new and Ford has had almost eight months to get this ready. I'm as frustrated as anyone on this and I hope Ford gets it together quickly.
I reiterate what I previously stated. It has to be due to CA stringent CARB requirements. Why should the rest of the country have to suffer the consequences of the rotten air pollution of L.A?
Old 3/23/11, 08:14 AM
GT Member

A real shame,regarding the Gov't hold on the TracKey,for you Boss owners,as some of the tuners,have already come up with the hot cam idle tune,for all 2011-'12 Mustangs..V-6 and the 5.0 !!
I would say give to everyone else,until they find the fix for the unlucky West Coast.
I'm guessing the whole tune program will be watered down a bit....not as lumpy,from the original plan.
Old 3/23/11, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mus408
A real shame,regarding the Gov't hold on the TracKey,for you Boss owners,as some of the tuners,have already come up with the hot cam idle tune,for all 2011-'12 Mustangs..V-6 and the 5.0 !!
I would say give to everyone else,until they find the fix for the unlucky West Coast.
I'm guessing the whole tune program will be watered down a bit....not as lumpy,from the original plan.
I agree with the "watered down" comment. If the engineers have now made over 600 changes it's hard to believe the tune hasn't gone full circle a few times and is just becoming overly complex programming.
Old 3/23/11, 10:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
No, it's a California fail
Old 3/25/11, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Vito

No, it's a California fail
You can thank us later when your grandchildren can still breath clean air.

Quick Reply: Getting the track key