Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Getting the track key

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/11, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Ford's been just as helpful in getting us info on TracKey as they've been with most guys' builds. I don't have the luxury of telling my customers "We'll get it to you when we get it to you" and keep them as customers.
Yeah they're customer service has sucked through out this process. I'm a first time Ford buyer & im not happy
Old 3/15/11, 07:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Yeah they're customer service has sucked through out this process. I'm a first time Ford buyer & im not happy
I own 11 of them and have been very happy with their product and my dealer's service. I'm just not happy with the lack of information on this car. They've been great about marketing it and really promoting the heck out of it, but they've not managed the customer expectations very well so far. I'm sure it's all part of being an "early adopter" on a specialty car like this. By the time second quarter rolls around I'm guessing most of these issues will go away. My biggest gripe is how much TracKey was hyped and now it's not even available and they have NO ETA!

YellowBoss put it well that without TracKey it's like getting a really cool electronic toy for Christmas with no batteries.
Old 3/15/11, 07:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
They've been great about marketing it and really promoting the heck out of it, but they've not managed the customer expectations very well so far. I'm sure it's all part of being an "early adopter" on a specialty car like this. By the time second quarter rolls around I'm guessing most of these issues will go away. My biggest gripe is how much TracKey was hyped and now it's not even available and they have NO ETA!
I'm hoping the second quarter allocations go much smoother.

How does Ford's marketing and promotion of the Boss compare to the 2007 GT500's?
Old 3/15/11, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0

How does Ford's marketing and promotion of the Boss compare to the 2007 GT500's?
Similar marketing and promotion. However, they didn't have the Speed Channel special like the Boss did, nor did they seem to get as much press coverage. The big difference is that the Boss seems to be much more accessible for enthusiasts. The GT500 was flat out out of reach for most people due to the massive ADMs for the first year. If I went back to some of the early threads there were probably a lot of the same complaints too
Old 3/15/11, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Is there a website that lists all the Ford Racing dealers?
I googled Ford Racing dealerships and a site came up to put your zip code in. I have 3 in Southeast Michigan withing 30 min of my house. I spoke to a service Manager at one and he did not have any info on the Trackey, but was interested and said he'd look into it. Same response everyone is getting.

Last edited by Bossdog; 3/15/11 at 08:02 PM.
Old 3/15/11, 10:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Ford makes a great product, I have owned many. Dealers are another thing, some good some bad. However the lack of info about the Boss has put a bad taste in my mouth. They can set up, spend money and announce a media day, car shows etc. but they can not put out one word when the cars will be build or shipped. I truly do not understand that.

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Don't worry you will see your car before Mark, Greg or me
Old 3/16/11, 10:04 AM

Second post here - but I just threw this tweet out there:

DCAutoGeek - @FordCustService Should jump in here - http://bit.ly/eCDlQm Soon-2-b @FordMustang Boss owners are pretty unhappy w/ info so far.
We'll see if the Blue Oval guys get back to me.

Last edited by valdeztke; 3/16/11 at 10:05 AM.
Old 3/16/11, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Activating the Trackey

More of the same. I got a Call back from the service manager of one of the larger Southeast Michigan Dealers that is also a Ford Racing dealer. He knew of the trackey. This Dealer has (2) Boss' and (1) LS on order. The service manager knew nothing about an ECU Flash, or any "dealer Installed" activation of the Trackey. I asked if he would check further. Not likely anyone is going to dig too much deeper until they have a Boss delivered.
Old 3/16/11, 11:46 AM
GT Member

I am very happy with the dealers and Ford also. I think that Ford is really covering a lot of new things in the Boss and is trying to get it right. With all the fed/state/insur. rules/regs. it must be a lot of work to get a car out like this with the TracKey and some of the equipment. You have to remember that the Cammer 5.0 that this engine replaces was not really legal (certified) on the street, as it was a huge deal to get that approved. I am very happy that Ford is doing what I was thinking of doing. Put the race prep'ed version in the street legal car! I am impressed and waiting for mine!
Old 3/16/11, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

2012YellowBoss: that's funny (and sadly, true).
Old 3/16/11, 01:15 PM

UPDATE - Just got a tweet back from Ford on twitter:

Looks like the TracKey upgrade will be available to dealers "sometime this summer". Their exact words.
Old 3/16/11, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by valdeztke
UPDATE - Just got a tweet back from Ford on twitter:

Looks like the TracKey upgrade will be available to dealers "sometime this summer". Their exact words.
and that's all I have to say about that.
Old 3/16/11, 01:54 PM

Don't shoot the messenger.
Old 3/16/11, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

He's not. Gary is saying that it's BS it will take til the summer for the Trackey to come out. He, like myself, is already getting parts to put the car on the race track, and the Trackey is an essential part of that.
Old 3/16/11, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by StillIntense
He's not. Gary is saying that it's BS it will take til the summer for the Trackey to come out. He, like myself, is already getting parts to put the car on the race track, and the Trackey is an essential part of that.
Got it

I agree. Seems a bit silly.
Old 3/16/11, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Look at the bright side, now you can do a comparison without then with the Trackey. You can tell us how many seconds you shaved off your time when you finally get it.
Old 3/16/11, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Hey guys, just joined here after seeing this thread. Taking delivery of my Boss around next Wed and was confused by all of the TracKey misinformation. I called Ford Racing tech support at the number listed on the bottom of the page here: http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/
They confirmed that the flashed key wouldn't be available until "mid-summer" and that I could call back in mid-May and they'd have more details. What a bummer. They also said the car would "drive just fine" without it. Wow. Maybe more of us should call in and express our frustration.
Old 3/16/11, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds great! oh wait, my car is still sitting at the plant after 30 days. Maybe the Trackey will arrive before my car!!!
Old 3/16/11, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds great! oh wait, my car is still sitting at the plant after 30 days. Maybe the Trackey will arrive before my car!!!
That's looking on the bright side Mark.
Old 3/16/11, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Your not the one who had the dealer write "with Trackey" on there order are you???

Quick Reply: Getting the track key