2012-2013 BOSS 302

Feeler: Anybody interested in one of the first Boss 302 delivrd with KB and 783 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/11, 07:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ufnavy06
Two things. You say it is either number two or three. Which is it? Also like someone else said you'd be better returning it to stock and putting the blower on the LS. You're going to get less than you paid for on that car because it's used and there will be a limited market for it.
It's been advertised all over the universe what's been done to that Boss. Even Ford has it recorded to make sure they don't have to honor the warranty.
Old 8/11/11, 07:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All that work and you want to get rid of the car!? why do people do this lol
You have a 700+ hp boss, what else can there be?
Old 8/11/11, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't get it. Why put all that time, effort and cash into a car and then get rid of it for what is essentially the same car? I say keep it and be happy with what you have.
Old 8/11/11, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe he got the crazy idea that he could make money doing it?
Old 8/11/11, 10:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
All that work and you want to get rid of the car!? why do people do this lol
You have a 700+ hp boss, what else can there be?
He REALLY likes those red wheels.
Old 8/12/11, 02:35 AM
GT Member

no,

bad mojo.

beers
Old 8/12/11, 03:58 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneM
dude take it from me, put it on ebay with a reserve set at what you would like and see how it goes. you don't pay anything for car listings unless it sells. someone somewhere will get major wood over the car having been in a mag and being first to be blown.
eBay interest for the Boss does not seem to be high. Most of the bids are no higher than MSRP for new ones. I wish him the best although even at a low miles and upgrades the bottom line is used cars generate less interest.
Old 8/12/11, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 COBRA
eBay interest for the Boss does not seem to be high. Most of the bids are no higher than MSRP for new ones. I wish him the best although even at a low miles and upgrades the bottom line is used cars generate less interest.
This is true. Even the Laguna Secas seem to lose interest once they reach low-50s. People simply aren't going to pay that much for a Mustang regardless of how fast and rare it is.
Old 8/12/11, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Pinoy361
True, thought about it for a minute after i already posted and yea now i feel stupid
Prolly more round 40-45k.
That's about all I'd offer.
Old 8/12/11, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus

This is true. Even the Laguna Secas seem to lose interest once they reach low-50s. People simply aren't going to pay that much for a Mustang regardless of how fast and rare it is.
And honestly that kinda gets me.
"Its a special edition, very rare batch of cars."
"how much?"
"bout 50k"
"nope"
"its a great deal, why not?"
"its a mustang"
Old 8/12/11, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
That's not always true, people will pay what they will pay. you never know if you will find that guy with boatloads of money wanting something different and special. most people just want to get the mods for free so you get responses like these. i bet you if you pulled the blower off that car anyone could take it in for service and it would be fine. If your serious do like i mentioned before and put the car on eBay.
Old 8/12/11, 02:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
If I actually liked the Boss and was in the market for one, I would definitely consider this one. That much power and the suspension already done from the factory. Maybe a better deal than a gt500 at it's present state. I'm sure that you will find the right buyer but price may be a little steep. Always be ready to take some $ loss on a built car. I personally bought my car with most of the $ mods already done just for that reason. Saved myself a lot of work and cash. Sounds like an awesome car anyways.
Old 8/12/11, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
LOL you did a little!! BTW I really want the exclusivity of the LS...and my wife is all for the LS now that she's had time to digest the first Boss. as a matter of fact she is the one who suggested looking for a LS!!!
DID YOU SEE THIS:
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/08/12/video-hennessey-builds-first-supercharged-boss-302-laguna-seca-with-563-rwhp/
Old 8/12/11, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd be down to buy that in a second if it was BLACK!!!

Mine still makes more power! But awesome non the less! Kenne Bell in my opinion is also the Boss of superchargers
Old 8/12/11, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
If I actually liked the Boss and was in the market for one, I would definitely consider this one. That much power and the suspension already done from the factory. Maybe a better deal than a gt500 at it's present state. I'm sure that you will find the right buyer but price may be a little steep. Always be ready to take some $ loss on a built car. I personally bought my car with most of the $ mods already done just for that reason. Saved myself a lot of work and cash. Sounds like an awesome car anyways.
Thanks for the kind words!
Old 8/12/11, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's not always true, people will pay what they will pay. you never know if you will find that guy with boatloads of money wanting something different and special. most people just want to get the mods for free so you get responses like these. i bet you if you pulled the blower off that car anyone could take it in for service and it would be fine. If your serious do like i mentioned before and put the car on eBay.
Thanks Shane!
Old 8/12/11, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Thanks Shane!
lol, well i heard these exact same things a few months back with another boss no one though was worth anymore than sticker.
Old 8/14/11, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol, well i heard these exact same things a few months back with another boss no one though was worth anymore than sticker.
Big difference between a car that was made unique by the factory (having a #0001 on the tag) and a car made unique by the owner. The #1 car will always be unique, their will be dozens of supercharged Bosses by the end of the year and hundreds in the next few years.

KEEP IT!
Old 8/15/11, 11:45 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
eBay is one way to find out, even better would be to list it on other Boss boards where people are certainly looking to buy.

List the asking price as well to feel the reaction.
Old 8/16/11, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

If youre havin trouble settlin on the price i can just take it off ur hands at no charge(: