Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca - 563 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/11, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca - 563 rwhp

Hennessey Performance supercharged a Boss 302 Laguna Seca using the TVS2300 and got 563 rwhp with 10 psi of boost:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...with-563-rwhp/
Old 8/12/11, 07:48 PM

The guy who owns this car is a friend and I just got an e-mail from him today to tell me what he was doing to the car since we last saw each other at HP driving school on July 30-31.

He already has an 800 hp Hennessey Corvette that even the instructors couldn't get to hook up last time he took it to the track and it rained.

That LS hauled butt around Texas Motor Sport Ranch a few weeks ago, so it will be really interesting to see what it does when it heads back to TMSR in September.
Old 8/13/11, 04:37 PM
Cobra Member

Must...resist...temptation...
Old 8/13/11, 04:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy Cow!, Holy Boss Batman!
Old 8/13/11, 11:45 PM

My question is this, if an instructor can't get the car under control, why would a student want to spend time and money on anything other then getting better?

As a long time instructor and racer, I'm not getting into a car like that except for maybe at the drag strip.

When will people stop wasting money for HP to be wasted at the road course tracks?

His choice, his car, his ***. But that's just scary stupid, in my opinion. Especially to do to a car as good as the Boss. Take one of those fat pigs (Shelby?) and add more heat but leave the Boss pure.

Just my opinion, flame on now.
Old 8/13/11, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jhall1957
My question is this, if an instructor can't get the car under control, why would a student want to spend time and money on anything other then getting better?

As a long time instructor and racer, I'm not getting into a car like that except for maybe at the drag strip.

When will people stop wasting money for HP to be wasted at the road course tracks?

His choice, his car, his ***. But that's just scary stupid, in my opinion. Especially to do to a car as good as the Boss. Take one of those fat pigs (Shelby?) and add more heat but leave the Boss pure.

Well I guess if you dont care for 563 at the rear wheels then 783 would be even more insane!! I love my Boss with 783 RWHP!

A TVS Blower and ONLY 10psi...how about a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC and 18 PSI?? Just for fun!!!!
Old 8/14/11, 07:21 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
My question is this, if an instructor can't get the car under control, why would a student want to spend time and money on anything other then getting better? ...

The answer is this, doesn't more horse power turn any inexperienced amateur to a fully qualified professional a lot faster... like overnight?

Old 8/14/11, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A segment of car culture, especially Internet forum culture, perpetuates the myth that speed comes from the car rather than the driver. People are sold on the notion that more modifications are what one needs to go fast as they're a more attractive sell than 10 track events, brake pads, and brake fluid.

So we have an entire generation who own ridiculously powerful cars with no concept of how to properly drive them. I see them at HPDEs all the time and I agree they're dangerous, especially when you see them running in novice groups with absurd horsepower figures. Plus, with that level of power, it's very difficult to learn the basics of smoothness and looking ahead when you're constantly fighting rear tire traction and prudent throttle application.
Old 8/14/11, 11:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

This.

Originally Posted by MrBonus
A segment of car culture, especially Internet forum culture, perpetuates the myth that speed comes from the car rather than the driver. People are sold on the notion that more modifications are what one needs to go fast as they're a more attractive sell than 10 track events, brake pads, and brake fluid.

So we have an entire generation who own ridiculously powerful cars with no concept of how to properly drive them. I see them at HPDEs all the time and I agree they're dangerous, especially when you see them running in novice groups with absurd horsepower figures. Plus, with that level of power, it's very difficult to learn the basics of smoothness and looking ahead when you're constantly fighting rear tire traction and prudent throttle application.
We are working on keeping temps under control on hot days with the NA engine. Strap on a blower and pretty much forget about using it on a road course for any length of time.

Last edited by cloud9; 8/14/11 at 11:42 AM.
Old 8/14/11, 02:38 PM

With the problems he had controlling the wheel spin on his vette that day on a damp track I'm a little confused as to why he would do this to his LS. Especially, after he kept talking about how much fun he had with the car as compared to the vette and how it always felt so glued to the track.

Last edited by Double500; 8/14/11 at 03:49 PM.
Old 8/15/11, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Exactly correct! These hp boresighted individuals don't have a clue how to DRIVE a high performance car in anything but a straight line (if even that).

Gary's, comment about increased thermal load due to the blower shoving superheated induction air into an engine which has already shown symptioms of needing increased oil and coolant heat rejection capacity is also correct. Again foolish IMO to render the car less track capable due to exceeding engine temperatures which are already thin. How many negatives do you need?

Last edited by P0 Corsa; 8/15/11 at 07:48 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 8/15/11, 07:42 AM
GT Member

Last year I was at a driving school and on Friday night the guy next showed me his 600 hp Shelby. I had my 350hp Steeda Mustang. On Sunday he asked me to go out in front on him because he said it was embarrassing to have to pull over and let me by. Most talk I get is from street cars bragging about their HP. How can you use 700 HP on the street? Reminds me of the old days when guys would sit around the parking lot and brag about the new cam or intake that gave them 50% more HP. Want to impress me? Show me lap times or ETs. First thing some guys ask me about my new Boss is, "how much HP"?
Old 8/15/11, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

another wet rag...

I wonder how much the guy has spent on safety equipment to date? my guess: pretty **** close to zero.

priorities.
Old 8/15/11, 11:16 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A segment of car culture, especially Internet forum culture...

So we have an entire generation who own ridiculously powerful cars with no concept of how to properly drive them.

Plus, with that level of power, it's very difficult to learn the basics of smoothness and looking ahead when you're constantly fighting rear tire traction and prudent throttle application.
Wisdom.
Old 8/15/11, 11:40 AM
GT Member

I agree with most here... If there's a place that could use improvement on the Boss, it doesn't seem like power is it.
Old 8/15/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

More HP FTW

I can drive just fine, and IMO the more hp the better. If you don't want more, don't mod. I rarely drive on a road course, and when I do it's usually short enough sessions that overheating isn't a problem, but if I have more power it's more fun (for me) on the dragstrip, on the street, etc.
Old 8/15/11, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
More HP FTW

I can drive just fine, and IMO the more hp the better. If you don't want more, don't mod. I rarely drive on a road course, and when I do it's usually short enough sessions that overheating isn't a problem, but if I have more power it's more fun (for me) on the dragstrip, on the street, etc.

Amen Brother!!! i have autocorssed for over 10 years so I know the addition of power without control is stupid...but I CAN have major fun with over 750 hp and control it!!
Old 8/16/11, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

If more POWER is your end game, why not get a Ford "purpose built" super cobra jet for your drag strip fun? Or the more POWERFUL GT500 if you just must drive it on the street and show off your straight line driving technique?

Parnelli Jones and the heritage built into the Boss 302 was earned on road courses. I read the Boss book and watched Ford's documentary with Parnelli and somehow did not see the chapter on legendary drag strip performance that put the Boss in the history books. Did anyone else see this reference?
Old 8/16/11, 07:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I love my Boss with 783 RWHP!
Must be why you're already trying to sell it. Makes sense.
Old 8/16/11, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
If more POWER is your end game, why not get a Ford "purpose built" super cobra jet for your drag strip fun? Or the more POWERFUL GT500 if you just must drive it on the street and show off your straight line driving technique?

Parnelli Jones and the heritage built into the Boss 302 was earned on road courses. I read the Boss book and watched Ford's documentary with Parnelli and somehow did not see the chapter on legendary drag strip performance that put the Boss in the history books. Did anyone else see this reference?

If a road race car is YOUR end game, why not buy a Ford "purpose built" Boss 302S for your road course fun? Or the even faster Boss 302R?

I'm well aware of the history of the Boss 302, Parnelli Jones, etc. I'm not Parnelli Jones. I'm a guy that likes Mustangs, and likes to mod them. You might check my sig. That one was developed with the help of PJ as well, and is even signed by him.

I don't LIKE the GT500. It's nose heavy (even with the aluminum block) and I don't like the way the car FEELS. I prefer the driving/handling characteristics of the Boss 302 (hence I own one) but I also PREFER more power at my disposal.

I don't know why there are some on this forum who think they know better how another man should spend his money on his own vehicle. I don't call you an idiot for NOT modding your car and make you out to be some kind of fool for not aspiring to do it like me. Why must some of you take this attitude?

Last edited by PACETTR; 8/16/11 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca - 563 rwhp