Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Bubbles in stripe covered?

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/11, 08:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bubbles in stripe covered?

Does warranty extend to stripe replacement? Bubbles are appearing in one of my "C" stripes.
Old 6/20/11, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue. Two small bubbles on the passenger side fender decal. I assume it would be covered but haven't looked into it yet. I was wondering if there was a method of removing the bubbles without replacing the decal.
Old 6/20/11, 10:02 AM
Cobra R Member

A pin. Then smooth out to tiny hole which works great unless your kid goes "bubbles" and pokes them with his finger first.
Old 6/20/11, 10:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
I have the same issue. Two small bubbles on the passenger side fender decal. I assume it would be covered but haven't looked into it yet. I was wondering if there was a method of removing the bubbles without replacing the decal.
I have a couple in the exact same spot. Yes, they would be covered under warranty, but you have to decide if it's bad enough to worry about. The problem is they are tough to put on and you could end up with it looking worse by replacing them. As for me, I'm leaving them for now. You've got 36 months on your warranty if they get worse. I did ask about removing the bubbles and the body shop guy at my dealer said no, you'd have to do a replacement.
Old 6/20/11, 10:43 AM
FR500 Member

It depends on the size of the bubble. I have found that small bubbles (flat and less than 2mm in size) will often disappear in time. If not, a pin (as mentioned) or an exacto or razor blade will work. If the bubble is quite small and near the edge of the decal, it's often possible to squeegee it out. Don't try it with larger bubbles or with ones that bulge out and appear to have stretched the vinyl though.
Old 6/20/11, 01:45 PM
V6 Member

I own a vinyl graphics company and dont worry about them yet. When we install graphics on a vehicle I always tell the person if is a new paint job they should wait 30-45 days before install as the paint will outgas under the vinyl and cause the small bubbles. The best thing to do is to put the car in the sun with the bubbles oon the side facing the sun. What will happen the air in the bubble will expand due to the heat and at night when it cools down the air will contract and you should be able to get the material to lay flat. The porosity in the vinyl will allow some air to escape while it is hot. This is what we tell people to do when they do their own install to get rid of the bubbles. I assume the bubbles on our cars is the paint still curing under the vinyl. If anyone has any questions on this feel free to ask.

Bob
Old 6/20/11, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by engineguy
I own a vinyl graphics company and dont worry about them yet. When we install graphics on a vehicle I always tell the person if is a new paint job they should wait 30-45 days before install as the paint will outgas under the vinyl and cause the small bubbles. The best thing to do is to put the car in the sun with the bubbles oon the side facing the sun. What will happen the air in the bubble will expand due to the heat and at night when it cools down the air will contract and you should be able to get the material to lay flat. The porosity in the vinyl will allow some air to escape while it is hot. This is what we tell people to do when they do their own install to get rid of the bubbles. I assume the bubbles on our cars is the paint still curing under the vinyl. If anyone has any questions on this feel free to ask.

Bob
Thanks for the info Bob Now if the sun would just come out this summer
Old 6/20/11, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Bob
Thanks!
Old 6/20/11, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Thanks!

Nice to know in case I see this. I have been applying Aerospace 303 as well to protect.
Old 6/20/11, 05:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Aerospace 303?
Old 6/20/11, 07:39 PM

had the hood and side stripes replaced on my comp white and black. It was covered and they did a great job.
Old 6/20/11, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bumper to Bumper does mean something.
Old 6/20/11, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Bob
Thanks! Will give it a try
Old 6/21/11, 08:22 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Does warranty extend to stripe replacement? Bubbles are appearing in one of my "C" stripes.
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
Hey guys,

I still think both of you should bring your cars in to your Ford dealer. I’m sure they will help you out and rectify this for you. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me.

Deysha
Old 6/21/11, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Aerospace 303?

Absolutely! 303 is THE LEADER in UV screening technology. 303 Aerospace Protectant really is like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use gives 100% Prevention of UV caused slow-fade with regular use. No other "protectant" beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.
Old 6/21/11, 08:06 PM

How about a crooked strip???
My passanger side "BOSS" portion of the side strip is off by enough that it is starting to bug me. The dealer said he would need to take a picture and send it to Ford and see what they have to say. I plan on followoing through with it and I assume they will make good on it.
Old 6/21/11, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss2012
How about a crooked strip???
My passanger side "BOSS" portion of the side strip is off by enough that it is starting to bug me. The dealer said he would need to take a picture and send it to Ford and see what they have to say. I plan on followoing through with it and I assume they will make good on it.
That dealer is a j@ck@ss. The small strip behind the door on the passenger side was 1/2 inch forward and they replaced the whole stripe. No questions asked.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 6/21/11 at 08:26 PM.