2012-2013 BOSS 302

Absolutely nauseous...hail damage all over.

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/11 | 08:50 PM
Banned

Dang it, who bumped this thread back up, I could've gone the rest of my life without seeing that painful damage again. I assume it's fixed, but how did they fix it? Wait, it's still not fixed?

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 9/21/11 at 08:53 PM.
Old 9/21/11 | 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Dang it, who bumped this thread back up, I could've gone the rest of my life without seeing that painful damage again. I assume it's fixed, but how did they fix it? Wait, it's still not fixed?
Not fixed yet. And because of the scope of the hail storm that caused the damage, most shops in the area are still booked through next October. We've got the fly by night PDR folks showing up in inflatable buildings and renting out otherwise abandoned buildings to do business... as well as the countless roof repair shops. It's been a crazy few months.
Old 9/22/11 | 12:14 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Minor update...
Late June has come and gone, and still no word from the dealership/body shop.
I'll update as I find out more. I'm just tired of having a beat up BOSS. I'm getting close to 6 months of ownership, and all but 3 weeks of that has been with nasty hail damage.
Thanks for the comments guys.
Not fixed yet. And because of the scope of the hail storm that caused the damage, most shops in the area are still booked through next October.
Oh, my!!! I’m sorry you are still going through this black_bullitt. This is very painful for all of us. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery after this long wait. Let me know if you need me or have any questions.

Deysha
Old 9/22/11 | 12:30 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

keep in mind ford shops are all and good but far from the high end work you can get from a mom and pop. infact alot of dealers use those shops for some or all repairs.
Old 9/29/11 | 12:48 PM

Well, looks like I finally have an appt to get the car in and get this taken care of. Boss gets dropped off Monday morning. I can hardly wait!
Old 9/29/11 | 02:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Well, looks like I finally have an appt to get the car in and get this taken care of. Boss gets dropped off Monday morning. I can hardly wait!
You've got more patience than me, I couldn't have looked at it everyday for this long. I'd probably have sold it and bought another one by now.
Old 9/29/11 | 08:12 PM

The guys here in the phoenix area are crazy good, you wont ever know there was a issue!
Old 9/29/11 | 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys. I already put in a claim with my insurance online, no obligation to have them pay for it yet. I want to make some calls tomorrow and look into the paintless dent repair like you guys suggested. I had a buddy two summers ago that had similar damage and the repair shop he took it to never could match the paint and he ended up selling the car.

The Paintless Dent Repair is the way to go. Our daughter was in Denver when they got whacked. When the PDR guy finished with the car, it looked new. I could not believe it. Just find a good one. Try one used by the new car dealers. I did that here when some &*^**& ran a shopping cart into the lower rear door on my wife's '09 Passat. This car is Reflex Silver, and the PDR guy did an outstanding job. You can not see any indication of damage. Good luck. Worked in DFW for fours years before retiring and parked outside near the Airport. Storms were scary!
Old 9/29/11 | 09:21 PM
GT Member

If you can go PDR it is great but make sure that use use a reputable company that operates in your area year round. Also make sure that they don't drill any holes to get access to areas to work the dents out. Be specific that you don't want holes drilled. Later if there is an area that they just can't get to any other way and you decide that you might be okay with having a hole drilled, make sure to consider if what they are doing may allow moisture entry into areas where moisture shouldn't be or may get trapped, may weaken any structural members or affect any safety systems such as crumple zones, etc. Lastly, make sure that they treat the holes with an anti rust treatment where they drilled thru.
Old 9/29/11 | 10:38 PM
Post *****

Sorry to see it's still not fixed.

I corrected the spelling in the thread title. It was driving me nuts. I've got issues.
Old 9/30/11 | 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I corrected the spelling in the thread title. It was driving me nuts. I've got issues.
Me too
Old 9/30/11 | 03:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sorry to see it's still not fixed.

Old 9/30/11 | 03:25 PM

I own a PDR company, and have been doing PDR for over 13 years. I can answer any question and address any concerns you might have.
Old 9/30/11 | 05:06 PM

Excellent, thanks for the responses everyone.
I'm debating holding off another week and having the car to brin to Fun Ford Weekend in DFW next weekend. But then, it's just a show.

2k7, you didn't like my spelling?? (admittedly it's not a word I use regularly, so anyway I spelled it looked funny. Lol. Next time I'll just spell it nawshus! )
Old 10/11/11 | 01:43 PM

Car has been dropped off. And now for the 2 weeks of uneasiness in the pit of my stomach...
Old 10/21/11 | 04:55 PM

Got the car back this afternoon!! Got to say, I'm beyond pleased with the results! They were able to do all the repairs via PDR; no paint, no new parts, except the windshield. Looks like a million bucks! And cost about as much! It was only a few days without the car, but I'm stoked to have it back! Will post pics when I get a chance. Gonna be a busy weekend, going to the World Series Game 4!!!
Old 10/21/11 | 05:39 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Old 10/21/11 | 06:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Got the car back this afternoon!! Got to say, I'm beyond pleased with the results! They were able to do all the repairs via PDR; no paint, no new parts, except the windshield. Looks like a million bucks! And cost about as much! It was only a few days without the car, but I'm stoked to have it back! Will post pics when I get a chance. Gonna be a busy weekend, going to the World Series Game 4!!!
That's great news!!! Glad you get to enjoy your baby again!!

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 10/23/11 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10/22/11 | 05:28 AM
Cobra Member

Waiting on the fixed pix is making me nauseous!
Old 10/23/11 | 01:39 PM
Cobra Member

From: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
[QUOTE=MyStang2010GB;6164549]That's great news!!! Glad you get to enjoy our baby again!!

your statement has me wondering>>>>>........LOL

Quick Reply: Absolutely nauseous...hail damage all over.