Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2014 TDF 50th Anniversary vs Boss 302 LS's

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/13, 04:14 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mxquattro
Not a lot of faith in your dealer, eh Knight? You can also have hm do the install at the shop. It gets a few more goodies there that the dealer wont do.
I have faith in the dealer, history shows us that OEM built stuff is built better and holds value better.
Old 1/21/13, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
I have faith in the dealer, history shows us that OEM built stuff is built better and holds value better.
You mean like Yenko, Tasca etc.... Gotcha...
Old 1/21/13, 11:30 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You mean like Yenko, Tasca etc.... Gotcha...
Comparing to Yenko or Tasca is funny.

Those cars had completely different engines in them than Ford or Chevy's offerings and were made in super low numbers.

I don't mean to get you upset just because its not my cup of tea. There are millions of people out there and there might be 500 that will want one of these. But there are thousands that want Boss' and GT500's.
Old 1/22/13, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Knight
Comparing to Yenko or Tasca is funny.

Those cars had completely different engines in them than Ford or Chevy's offerings and were made in super low numbers.

I don't mean to get you upset just because its not my cup of tea. There are millions of people out there and there might be 500 that will want one of these. But there are thousands that want Boss' and GT500's.

Naaah, takes more than that to get me upset And I know what youre saying... all of the above mentioned cars are amazing rides that need no apologies. There are some die hard shelby fans, rightfully so because of the amazing history. And there are some die hard holman moody fans...again, rightfully so. I really dont have an opinion on dealer installed vs factory installed, Im sure they are both quite good. After all, they are all ford certified techs. The dealer installed packages go through serious scrutiny as well. Its not like bringing a pep boys sway bar to your local wrench and having them install it. These will still have full factory warranty, its a full factory backed program, including ford racing and SVT. And in fact, some lucky folks can have their cars built right at holman moody (I wish I were that lucky), which might be even better than the factory or dealer! lol. Ive always had really good luck with my ford dealers, they know what they are doing for the most part.
A lot of the hm mustangs are already gone anyway, so I guess they are in demand. I guess with hm building some thats no different than some of the shelby's that are built at the shelby shop. Anyway, no matter where or who builds it, its way better than what I drive every day
Old 1/22/13, 06:52 PM
GT Member

The hm mustang has a suspension that ha never been seen on a dealer car before. It *IS* a Ford sanctioned vehicle, backed by the Ford warranty etc. It should out handle the boss pretty handily.
Lowering springs, adjustable sways, headers, that's about the only real performance difference I see on the specs.
Engine calibration, HP upgrade, exhaust, all seem to be what the BOSS already has.
I would be surprised if it really out handles a BOSS by much, but we'll see.

Last edited by PP0005; 1/22/13 at 06:55 PM. Reason: headers
Old 1/22/13, 07:10 PM
GT Member

This RTR may not be as exclusive, but it might give some insight on the power gains that will be on the HM Mustang.

Sold Through Authorized Ford Dealers

http://www.mustangrtr.com/2013-spec-two-specs.php

More info Here

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ts-debut-video

Last edited by PP0005; 1/22/13 at 07:14 PM. Reason: info
Old 1/31/13, 12:06 PM

So what we're looking at is a GT with wheels, decals and a few FRP parts. I'd say the Boss with the actually unique RoadRunner motor would be the more desirable of the two...regardless of how limited this other car may be.