2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/10, 12:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
I am still waiting for the dealer to get back to me since the pricing was announced. I am starting to feel the level of service I am receiving isn't up to their usual standard.
I would suggest that you contact your dealer to let them know that pricing is out now. Yeah, I know, you'd think dealers would be on top of things, but not all dealers know that pricing is out yet. Heck, some dealers don't even know that the Boss 302 is returning to the lineup!
Old 11/23/10, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Job 1 build is Sept to Jan and Job 2 starts January, which is when the Bosses will be first built; I'm surmising from talks with my dealer.
2012 Mustang Job 1 starts in mid January - not September. Job 2 starts whenever Ford makes enough running changes to the 2012 to make a clean start with a "newly improved" model mid year, so that could be well into next summer or fall, if ever. There isn't always a Job 2 for each model, each year.
Old 11/23/10, 01:01 PM

Dealers require deposits from buyers to prove to FMC that real buyers, not the dealership, is ordering the vehicle. I asked the same question 3 months ago and the logic is there. Even more so important since allocations are so limited.
Actually, you're thinking of the Retail Order Verification Form which us dealers fill out with the customer (and get a copy of their driver's license) to send to Ford to prove that we have a realy customer for the car. Ford does not, however, require that we collect any kind of deposit. Deposits (and the amount in question) are at the dealers' discretion.
Old 11/23/10, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by 06GT
Of course--I have no problem with providing a deposit (had to do this when I ordered my '06). I'm curious if the "non-refundable" part is standard or not.
Many states have laws that specify that deposits must be refundable, so don't blindly assume that deposits are non-refundable.
Old 11/23/10, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
I've been calling around to different dealers trying to find a LS. There are a few that know what there standard Boss allocation is but don't know if they are getting a LS. How is it that some dealers know they are getting a LS and some of the others do not?
**** good question. I'd like to think that I'm on top of our ordering and allocation issues for our dealership, but I haven't heard anything yet from Ford about our total allocation of Boss 302's and LS's.
Old 11/23/10, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by iDrive
Hello,

New to this forum, but not new to performance cars. I have not owned a Ford since mid to late 80's (4-speed 351C 73' Torino, 79' and 80' Mustang Turbo). Just ordered a 2012 CO (CY) Boss with Recaro/Torsen option, and Accessory package (1Q build). Bought to race!

Dave
Outstanding! Glad to hear that someone will use their Boss 302 for its intended purpose. You're my new hero, Dave!
Old 11/23/10, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He ain't the only one Brian. I'm selling a fully track prepped (and raced) 95 Cobra R, so that I can do exactly that with the Boss.
It will be interesting to see the change in lap times between the two cars. If the lap times drop the first time or two out with the Boss, we'll know we have a winner on our hands.
Old 11/23/10, 01:35 PM

Ohhhh.... I am curious to see these results. You will have to keep us posted.
Old 11/23/10, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by StillIntense
He ain't the only one Brian. I'm selling a fully track prepped (and raced) 95 Cobra R, so that I can do exactly that with the Boss.
It will be interesting to see the change in lap times between the two cars. If the lap times drop the first time or two out with the Boss, we'll know we have a winner on our hands.
Awesome! I hope you'll keep us posted in the forums once you start tracking your Boss!
Old 11/23/10, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Job 1 build is Sept to Jan and Job 2 starts January, which is when the Bosses will be first built; I'm surmising from talks with my dealer.
I thought that I had read the builds started in December.

When are the approxamate delievery dates, is there a guesstimate on that from order times?
Old 11/23/10, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Assuming I can get one ordered, my BOSS will be seeing the track action on a regular basis.

Probably gut it and convert it for wheel-to-wheel competition in a few years.
Old 11/23/10, 02:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I would suggest that you contact your dealer to let them know that pricing is out now. Yeah, I know, you'd think dealers would be on top of things, but not all dealers know that pricing is out yet. Heck, some dealers don't even know that the Boss 302 is returning to the lineup!
They know. I last spoke to them about it on Friday I believe. The salesperson has been checking for the order guide every morning.
Old 11/23/10, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

No deposit required from my dealer for my LS. Might be because I have purchased a number of vehicles from him over the years.
Old 11/23/10, 04:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I just placed my order for a 2013 Boss in Grabber Green. I went into the dealer and told the general manager I want a 2013 Boss. He said i was a little early, but I am officially first on the list. lol

So I think I can safely say I'm first for this one. It will be the longest 18-24 months of my life. I just hope I live that long.

Seriously though, I'm not kidding.
Old 11/23/10, 05:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I just placed my order for a 2013 Boss in Grabber Green. I went into the dealer and told the general manager I want a 2013 Boss. He said i was a little early, but I am officially first on the list. lol

So I think I can safely say I'm first for this one. It will be the longest 18-24 months of my life. I just hope I live that long.

I'd feel sorry for you, but you've got a raptor, cobra r, bronco, and murdered out GT to keep you company until your BOSS arrives.

Welcome to the grabber family Gary!
Old 11/23/10, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Congrats! You'll actually have fun waiting. I'm glad you can get what you want!
Old 11/23/10, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Outstanding! Glad to hear that someone will use their Boss 302 for its intended purpose. You're my new hero, Dave!
Thanks Brian. I've got a lot of preparation to do before Spring. Penskes, Motons, or JRZ struts/shocks, Springs, Watts Link, Sway bars, PU bushings, Custom Headers/Exhaust, Tune (100 oct), 18x11 Forgelines, etc. Then it's test, test, test.

I've been driving a 4th Gen Camaro for the past 3 years and an Evo before that. The Mustang is going to be a new and fun experience for sure.

I have a couple Mustang pals in Detroit, one in particular, that will help me get the Boss's suspension up to par in no time.

Dave
Old 11/23/10, 07:53 PM

I understand the need to mod it, however, how much would you consider the Boss' suspension to already be above that of it's base GT brethren? How much more modifying does it need to be great? Is it good now? You mentioned a lot of parts. That's a lot of replacement of already purchased parts that don't come on the Base GT. Why would you replace all that makes the Boss' suspension so much "better" than it's siblings?
Old 11/23/10, 08:02 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
Thanks Brian. I've got a lot of preparation to do before Spring. Penskes, Motons, or JRZ struts/shocks, Springs, Watts Link, Sway bars, PU bushings, Custom Headers/Exhaust, Tune (100 oct), 18x11 Forgelines, etc. Then it's test, test, test.

I've been driving a 4th Gen Camaro for the past 3 years and an Evo before that. The Mustang is going to be a new and fun experience for sure.

I have a couple Mustang pals in Detroit, one in particular, that will help me get the Boss's suspension up to par in no time.

Dave
Seriously dude, if you're going to chuck out the entire suspension, exhaust, etc. then just buy a base GT and save yourself the 8-10 grand. The only thing you haven't mentioned is the intake, which will likely be available from FRPP. sheesh.

Last edited by PTRocks; 11/23/10 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11/23/10, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Seriously dude, if you're going to chuck out the entire suspension, exhaust, etc. then just buy a base GT and save yourself the 8-10 grand. The only thing you haven't mentioned is the intake, which will likely be available from FRPP. sheesh.
lol, easy, easy. Although off topic, one word "Engine". The potential of the Boss engine over the GT is enough to warrant the purchase. Factory Ford shocks of any type, although respectable, cannot compare with triple Penskes. I also expect the exhaust to be a bit restrictive. Custom long tubes with single or twin chamber mufflers exiting just before the axle should give me some decent gains. I could go on and on, but in general, pulling every bit of hp/tq possible is every racers goal. Maximizing the suspension geometry for R tires (1.3-1.4 g) takes decent hardware and months of tuning. I bought this to race, but I'm also restricted to the "mods" I can do. Everything I do would allow me to return the car to factory specs. Heck, I'm even switching to 3:55's.

I'm not hacking one bit of the Boss. No cage, flaring, weight reduction, etc. Maybe this is too much for this forum.

Dave

Last edited by iDrive; 11/23/10 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss Order is in!!