2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/10, 07:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed my order last Thursday as soon as the dealer would allow me, my local dealer only got one of each model and I got the base in Perforamnce White with Black striped, got the Recaros and Torsen and the cover/mats as well. I had to call 13 dealers within the 100 miles of my hometown to find anyone that knew what they were talking about before I could get an order placed, glad I did cause this replaces the 70 I sold when I was 19 to go to college.

Been a long time lurker on what I see as the best Mustang forum on the net, finally decided to post as I have something cool to share.

Now all I do is wait, and wait and wait, although they told me that my car would be delivered 2Q so I guess it could have been worse.
Old 11/23/10, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

what are the normal time slots for 1Q, 2Q, 3Q, and 4Q?
Old 11/23/10, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are my heroes! Kind of anyway, more like, I am totally jealous of all of your Boss orders. I am ready to see them when they come in. Hopefully I will see one on the street some year!
Old 11/23/10, 09:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am talking to one of my local dealers now, they have no clue what their allocation is or anything, or how many BOSSes are going to be made.
I just sent them a copy of the 2012 order guide.

This is pretty "LOL".

I'm going to email a few other dealerships... 5ohBrian--would you be able to drop-ship a car to the Phoenix area? Obviously you know what you are doing right now...
Old 11/23/10, 09:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
I'm going to email a few other dealerships... 5ohBrian--would you be able to drop-ship a car to the Phoenix area? Obviously you know what you are doing right now...
We already sold the only '12 Boss 302 that we know we're getting for sure (to TMS member jjurgens). I'm hoping that we get more, but too early to promise anybody anything. Odds are, management here won't want to sell any other Bosses out of state. jjurgens is a previous customer of our store, so we already had a relationship with him, hence our willingness to ship his out-of-state. I suspect any additional Bosses we get will go to other previous customers - sorry. Odds are there will be many more Bosses in the Southwest than up here in the Northwest anyway, so I trust your search will be easier down there.
Old 11/23/10, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
We already sold the only '12 Boss 302 that we know we're getting for sure (to TMS member jjurgens). I'm hoping that we get more, but too early to promise anybody anything. Odds are, management here won't want to sell any other Bosses out of state. jjurgens is a previous customer of our store, so we already had a relationship with him, hence our willingness to ship his out-of-state. I suspect any additional Bosses we get will go to other previous customers - sorry. Odds are there will be many more Bosses in the Southwest than up here in the Northwest anyway, so I trust your search will be easier down there.
No sweat man, thanks for the explanation--perfectly understandable.

I get up to Portland, OR somewhat regularly for business, figured maybe I could pick it up and drive it home from a business trip
Old 11/23/10, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

I just had a salesman call me from a dealership from when I was enquiring about the BOSS, He offered me a BOSS for $45,500.00, I thanked him, told him no way I'm paying over MSRP and wished him good-luck.

Little did he know I got one already.

LQQK
Old 11/23/10, 09:40 AM

Regarding deposits--are all dealers requesting non-refundable? Is that standard?
Old 11/23/10, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Just talked with my special order guy, David Simpson at Champion Ford, Katy, TX.
He's not surprised some dealers are charging way over MSRP for the Boss. FMC doesn't care and has no say since they just build the cars and the dealers are responsible for sales. When ordering ensure you include order Code C09, which will lock your price at that stated on the pricing guide at the time of ordering. Since the Boss is an SVT build there will be no discounts from MSRP; no X Plan or any other.
Old 11/23/10, 10:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Just talked with my special order guy, David Simpson at Champion Ford, Katy, TX.
He's not surprised some dealers are charging way over MSRP for the Boss. FMC doesn't care and has no say since they just build the cars and the dealers are responsible for sales. When ordering ensure you include order Code C09, which will lock your price at that stated on the pricing guide at the time of ordering. Since the Boss is an SVT build there will be no discounts from MSRP; no X Plan or any other.
Whoops! Team Mustang.

But it is a special edition.
Old 11/23/10, 11:02 AM
FR500 Member

I am still waiting for the dealer to get back to me since the pricing was announced. I am starting to feel the level of service I am receiving isn't up to their usual standard.
Old 11/23/10, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
what are the normal time slots for 1Q, 2Q, 3Q, and 4Q?
Job 1 build is Sept to Jan and Job 2 starts January, which is when the Bosses will be first built; I'm surmising from talks with my dealer.
Old 11/23/10, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Regarding deposits--are all dealers requesting non-refundable? Is that standard?
Dealers require deposits from buyers to prove to FMC that real buyers, not the dealership, is ordering the vehicle. I asked the same question 3 months ago and the logic is there. Even more so important since allocations are so limited.
Old 11/23/10, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Job 1 build is Sept to Jan and Job 2 starts January, which is when the Bosses will be first built; I'm surmising from talks with my dealer.
I've been calling around to different dealers trying to find a LS. There are a few that know what there standard Boss allocation is but don't know if they are getting a LS. How is it that some dealers know they are getting a LS and some of the others do not?
Old 11/23/10, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sure I've seen people say that different dealerships had allocations throughout the year including the 4th quarter.
Old 11/23/10, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Hello,

New to this forum, but not new to performance cars. I have not owned a Ford since mid to late 80's (4-speed 351C 73' Torino, 79' and 80' Mustang Turbo). Just ordered a 2012 CO (CY) Boss with Recaro/Torsen option, and Accessory package (1Q build). Bought to race!

Dave
Old 11/23/10, 11:50 AM

Dealers require deposits from buyers to prove to FMC that real buyers, not the dealership, is ordering the vehicle. I asked the same question 3 months ago and the logic is there. Even more so important since allocations are so limited.
Of course--I have no problem with providing a deposit (had to do this when I ordered my '06). I'm curious if the "non-refundable" part is standard or not.
Old 11/23/10, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Of course--I have no problem with providing a deposit (had to do this when I ordered my '06). I'm curious if the "non-refundable" part is standard or not.
I'm guessing "non-refundable" is negotiable on most cars/trucks. Dealers, IMHO, should not ask for non-refundable deposits on the Boss since the car will be absolutely sold to someone without any marketing expense what-so-ever.
Old 11/23/10, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

what does this work out in delivery time? Is everyone ordering now in Q2 for delievery in April-May time frame?
Old 11/23/10, 12:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Since the Boss is "special edition" build there will be no discounts from MSRP; no X Plan or any other.
Allow me to correct you.
  • While you are correct that Ford is not going to offer A/D/X/Z plan pricing on Boss 302's anytime soon, they may opt to later if demand falls off.
  • Secondly, discounts below MSRP are up to individual dealerships, so it is entirely possible that some dealer, somewhere, might opt to sell a Boss 302 for less than MSRP.
Mama always taught me to refrain from using words like "no," "never," and "always" when discussing what is and what may come to pass.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss Order is in!!