2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/10, 11:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ice Hawk
What should that matter when you can earn a customer for life by selling a great, rare car for a fair, reasonable price?
If only...
Old 11/21/10, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedrx
That would be very surprising, I have an inquiry into them so I will find out when they open tomorrow.

BTW, here is the response from Joe Meyer Ford:
"The approval that I recieved from my new car director is $10,000 over MSRP because this mustang is a limited edition and we will only recieve a couple. I can special order the mustang for you however, it requires a $5000.00 non - refundable deposit."
What a joke, I would never buy a car from them.
Agree with you that any dealer that wants to "gouge" his customers will not have a loyal customer base. Those types need to be outed for the scoundrels they are. Mac Haik is the largest Mustang volume seller in Houston but it's surprising that they have a 10 car Boss allocation already. Hope its true for the local Houston/Katy Stang fans.
Old 11/22/10, 07:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Agree with you that any dealer that wants to "gouge" his customers will not have a loyal customer base. Those types need to be outed for the scoundrels they are. Mac Haik is the largest Mustang volume seller in Houston but it's surprising that they have a 10 car Boss allocation already. Hope its true for the local Houston/Katy Stang fans.
I have always liked Fords, my 1st car was a Ford, and now that GM has become government motors, I am even more inclined to support Ford. As mentioned, trying to gouge a customer on one deal like this could cost them many vehicles in the future.

I just picked p a F-150 for my son and I am going to replace my wifes Denali - looking at the new Ford Explorer. Short-sighted Dealers end up losing in the long run.
Old 11/22/10, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just a guess - if a dealer is going to "gouge" someone, they're more likely to gouge a distant, one-time customer, as opposed to a more loyal local customer who also would use their service facilities.
Old 11/22/10, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by speedrx
I have always liked Fords, my 1st car was a Ford, and now that GM has become government motors, I am even more inclined to support Ford. As mentioned, trying to gouge a customer on one deal like this could cost them many vehicles in the future.

I just picked p a F-150 for my son and I am going to replace my wifes Denali - looking at the new Ford Explorer. Short-sighted Dealers end up losing in the long run.
Call David Simpson at Champion Ford, Katy if you need help getting a car. Super guy to work with.
Old 11/22/10, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

New here, checking in!
Just ordered mine: Performance White/Black Stripes, RECAROs and TORSEN, floor mats and car cover. Will get for MSRP from Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC. No word yet on what quarter the car will be built/delivered in.
Old 11/22/10, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
New here, checking in!
Just ordered mine: Performance White/Black Stripes, RECAROs and TORSEN, floor mats and car cover. Will get for MSRP from Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC. No word yet on what quarter the car will be built/delivered in.
Congratulation's>>>What was your second choice color and what tipped W/B in your favor?

LQQK
Old 11/22/10, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hooray! My dealer just ordered my Black Laguna Seca

I'm not sure why he couldn't do it last week, but today's the charm.

I don't know when it's scheduled to be built. It's his only LS allocation.

Yeah, I'm pumped.
Old 11/22/10, 02:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Hooray! My dealer just ordered my Black Laguna Seca

I'm not sure why he couldn't do it last week, but today's the charm.

I don't know when it's scheduled to be built. It's his only LS allocation.

Yeah, I'm pumped.
OH---YEAH!!

Seems like today is a busy day for BOSS orders.

LQQK
Old 11/22/10, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Lots of going 'round.
Ford's way of wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11/22/10, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Ford is doing great on the orders and also, I must say the dealers are also.
I have mine ordered from Kent, Wa. and the dealer made my holiday with the quick order on 11-16 for MSRP! Getting what I have been waiting for Ford to do for 12 years, The FR500 in 1999 started me on all this! Now with Warranty!
Old 11/22/10, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

New here, checking in!

Welcome to the site, and congratulations. We should meet up sometime, I live about 3 blocks away from that dealership.
Old 11/22/10, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just placed my order today as well-

Competition Orange with Black stripes, Recaro/Torsen, car cover and floor mats!

And now the wait begins!
Old 11/22/10, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK

I wonder if it's not a coincidence that a lot of orders are going in the same day that Ford airs their SpeedTV show on the Boss.
Old 11/22/10, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Berol
Just placed my order today as well-

Competition Orange with Black stripes, Recaro/Torsen, car cover and floor mats!

And now the wait begins!
Congrats - that's a killer color combo.
Old 11/22/10, 09:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jjurgens
Ford is doing great on the orders and also, I must say the dealers are also.
I have mine ordered from Kent, Wa. and the dealer made my holiday with the quick order on 11-16 for MSRP! Getting what I have been waiting for Ford to do for 12 years, The FR500 in 1999 started me on all this! Now with Warranty!
Well, Jim, I guess the cat's out of the bag now that you ordered your Boss 302 with our dealership. Glad we could make it happen at MSRP. My only regret is that I won't get to see your car in person since we're having it drop-shipped to your local dealer. Guess I'll have to vacation in Alaska next spring or summer and get a ride in your Boss!

I suspect that your order status will be a case study of sorts here in the forums as you & I are both members here.
Old 11/23/10, 06:10 AM
Bullitt Member

LQQK: Here was my thought process:
Kona Blue/white was my first choice but there are just too many of them.
Looked at the Yellow Blaze, which I liked for about 5 minutes; then it looked like creamed corn.
Thought about red, but I'm just not a red car kind of guy.
The Performance White/black reminds me of a "body in white" race car; it seems like it's all business...plus it reminds me of my 95 R: just two colors, white and black.

Berol, I'd really enjoy meeting! I work at N. Rhett/Remount. How about lunch today or tomorrow somewhere on Rivers? Give me a call at 408-3535.....
Old 11/23/10, 07:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Berol, I'd really enjoy meeting! I work at N. Rhett/Remount. How about lunch today or tomorrow somewhere on Rivers? Give me a call at 408-3535.....
I tried sending you a private message, but I couldn't find the option. Perhaps that feature is enabled after you post more often?

In any event, I would enjoy that as well. However, I wanted to let you know that I am going to be out of town until January 8th (I am currently training in Connecticut). I've got your phone number, so I'll be sure to call you when I get back to Charleston in January.

It would be awesome to see one (or both!) of the mustangs in your profile, and your Boss when it comes in.
Old 11/23/10, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Berol, sounds good. Just give me a call when you're available and we'll set it up. The PM might be an issue since I just joined yesterday. Which dealer did you order your car from?
Old 11/23/10, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Berol, sounds good. Just give me a call when you're available and we'll set it up. The PM might be an issue since I just joined yesterday. Which dealer did you order your car from?
I grew up in the Midwest and my dad works at a dealership in Illinois. They've treated me very well in the past, so I decided to order through them for the sale.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss Order is in!!