2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/10, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
Like this?
Where did you find the Red & White BOSS, are there more pictures?

LQQK
Old 11/20/10, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
so, you jumped ship on the CO, huh LQQK? I thought I had you convinced?

Either way, I like the red/white look. I also think the white/black will be a gorgeous looking car.
I'm on the fence about whether I want Kona Blue or Performance White. I was really leaning toward Kona until I saw you can only get Kona with white . If the stripe delete option also deletes the roof color then I may still go Kona if not I'm definitely doing White w/ Black.
Old 11/20/10, 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
I'm on the fence about whether I want Kona Blue or Performance White. I was really leaning toward Kona until I saw you can only get Kona with white . If the stripe delete option also deletes the roof color then I may still go Kona if not I'm definitely doing White w/ Black.
I'm gonna paint the roof on mine so "I" like it.

I'm sure some will criticize me that It changes the BOSS look, so, when & if, I sell it, whoever purchases it can change it back if they so desire. IMO should not hurt the value (I don't care anyway) it's a toy for me not an investment.

So my advice, get your favorite color and then tweak it to make "YOU" happy. Heck, you could remove the white tape and replace it with black, if that's what you truly desire.

LQQK
Old 11/20/10, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Where did you find the Red & White BOSS, are there more pictures?

LQQK
I came across it on Ford Racing's Facebook page. They had pictures from Homestead so they may show more during today's Nationwide race.

Last edited by Dean#4AI; 11/20/10 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11/20/10, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
I'm gonna paint the roof on mine so "I" like it.

So my advice, get your favorite color and then tweak it to make "YOU" happy. Heck, you could remove the white tape and replace it with black, if that's what you truly desire.

LQQK
I was considering that option as well - Kona with stripe delete and paint the roof once I get the car. It just seems silly to me that Ford can't offer more color options and graphics choices. The limited color options and and graphics choices continues to be my biggest disappointment with the Boss. Ford really could have done soo much more than they did in that department.
Old 11/20/10, 09:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
It just seems silly to me that Ford can't offer more color options and graphics choices. The limited color options and and graphics choices continues to be my biggest disappointment with the Boss. Ford really could have done soo much more than they did in that department.
I gotta say, though, that Ford is offering many more Boss 302 color choices in 2012 than they have in the last 41 model years
Old 11/20/10, 11:10 PM
FR500 Member

My thinking would be to not get the stripe delete, then order the black hood and side stripes to replace the white. I'm also thinking black vinyl for the roof so the original paint would still be there if I change my mind.
Old 11/21/10, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
My thinking would be to not get the stripe delete, then order the black hood and side stripes to replace the white. I'm also thinking black vinyl for the roof so the original paint would still be there if I change my mind.
I've thought about doing the same thing on the roof. Have you ever seen this done and will it look as good as a painted roof? Where could you get the vinyl to do this?
Old 11/21/10, 09:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Ordered my Boss 302 this afternoon after computer software was updated at the dealer. Performance White(HP); Recaro Seats/Torcen differential. I had the only allocation for a 2012 Boss at Champion Ford, Katy, TX. Dealer is buying GT 500's from all over the country and the showroom has only Mustangs on display(5 Shelby GT500, 1 GT and 1 other performance Mustang). Dealer hopes to get more Boss allocations by selling more of the top end Mustangs.
Can you give me the name of your Sales Rep at Champion? I would like to contact him to see when and if he gets additional allocations. Most of the Houston area dealers are wanting over MSRP for orders.

What did you work out with Champion - MSRP, above MSRP, or below MSRP?
Old 11/21/10, 09:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I gotta say, though, that Ford is offering many more Boss 302 color choices in 2012 than they have in the last 41 model years
lol...
Old 11/21/10, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by speedrx
Can you give me the name of your Sales Rep at Champion? I would like to contact him to see when and if he gets additional allocations. Most of the Houston area dealers are wanting over MSRP for orders.

What did you work out with Champion - MSRP, above MSRP, or below MSRP?
David Simpson at Champion Ford, Katy 281 675 4741. He handles Commercial Fleet Sales and special orders.
Old 11/21/10, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

David Simpson at Champion Ford, Katy 281 675 4741. He handles Commercial Fleet Sales and special orders.
Champion does not charge over MSRP and I don't know at this time what my discount, if any will be. Have you checked Mack Haik Ford. Several months ago they stated they never sell over MSRP.
Old 11/21/10, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Champion does not charge over MSRP and I don't know at this time what my discount, if any will be. Have you checked Mack Haik Ford. Several months ago they stated they never sell over MSRP.
Thanks, I will check with both Champion and Mac Haik and see what they will do. No way I am paying over MSRP, I would rather wait til things cool off then overpay and regret it later.
Old 11/21/10, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
I've thought about doing the same thing on the roof. Have you ever seen this done and will it look as good as a painted roof? Where could you get the vinyl to do this?
If you look at the black vinyl used for for the side stripes, it is as glossy as the paint. It's a question of getting good quality material. I'll try to find a reference for material.
Old 11/21/10, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
If you look at the black vinyl used for for the side stripes, it is as glossy as the paint. It's a question of getting good quality material. I'll try to find a reference for material.

Scouring ebay for 2012 Boss stuff for the garage...all I found is a t shirt so far
Old 11/21/10, 04:44 PM

I would be doing the exact same thing if I had access to eBay. Darned proxy!
Old 11/21/10, 05:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thanks, I will check with both Champion and Mac Haik and see what they will do. No way I am paying over MSRP, I would rather wait til things cool off then overpay and regret it later.
I was told Mac Haik Houston has 10 Boss allocations by someone who knows for sure.
Old 11/21/10, 08:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I was told Mac Haik Houston has 10 Boss allocations by someone who knows for sure.
That would be very surprising, I have an inquiry into them so I will find out when they open tomorrow.

BTW, here is the response from Joe Meyer Ford:
"The approval that I recieved from my new car director is $10,000 over MSRP because this mustang is a limited edition and we will only recieve a couple. I can special order the mustang for you however, it requires a $5000.00 non - refundable deposit."
What a joke, I would never buy a car from them.
Old 11/21/10, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
LOL x 2
Old 11/21/10, 10:10 PM

That would be very surprising, I have an inquiry into them so I will find out when they open tomorrow.

BTW, here is the response from Joe Meyer Ford:
"The approval that I recieved from my new car director is $10,000 over MSRP because this mustang is a limited edition and we will only recieve a couple. I can special order the mustang for you however, it requires a $5000.00 non - refundable deposit."
What a joke, I would never buy a car from them.
That's just ridiculous. I'm SURE there are many more Ford dealers out there that, when told what they are competing against, would be more than willing to sell at MSRP. It's not like they will have a lot of them to sell, so they don't stand to earn much profit, no more than the adjusted price above invoice. What should that matter when you can earn a customer for life by selling a great, rare car for a fair, reasonable price?

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss Order is in!!