2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/10, 10:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Berol
What color/options did you get?
Race Red/Black Stripe Package, Recaros + Torsen.
Old 12/3/10, 05:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
No such thing as a "regular" Boss. We need a better way to differentiate the standard model vs the Laguna Seca so as to keep from making the standard model from sounding like a consolation prize.
I usually use:

BOSS 302 = BOSS
BOSS Laguna Seca = LS

Everyone here would/should understand which model is being discussed.

LQQK
Old 12/3/10, 06:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06GT
Race Red/Black Stripe Package, Recaros + Torsen.
Awesome.

I've watched some of your videos in the Motorsports section. I'm looking forward to new videos with your Boss!
Old 12/3/10, 07:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Berol
Awesome.

I've watched some of your videos in the Motorsports section. I'm looking forward to new videos with your Boss!
There will definitely be some more! I'll probably just run time trials and DE with it for a bit, but I may gut it in a few years and make it an all-out racer...at any rate it WILL be seeing the track regularly.
Old 12/3/10, 12:33 PM
FR500 Member

About to be my turn. Agreed upon the price, preliminary order is in the system. Paperwork to follow now.
Old 12/3/10, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
About to be my turn. Agreed upon the price, preliminary order is in the system. Paperwork to follow now.
sounds great! Keep us informed
Old 12/3/10, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok asked dealer about Red Key and he said no word on details yet. I also asked that they remove the silencing discs in the side pipes during the PDI and he said of course!!! Anyone have a vid of what one sounds like without the attenuation discs in the side exhaust sounds like??
Old 12/3/10, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Ok asked dealer about Red Key and he said no word on details yet. I also asked that they remove the silencing discs in the side pipes during the PDI and he said of course!!! Anyone have a vid of what one sounds like without the attenuation discs in the side exhaust sounds like??
Any chance removing the discs would render the sound volume illegal? If not, I want mine removed, too. Does anybody know how difficult it is to install one of the electrical dump valves that the Ford engineers have referenced? I am not a mechanic but have basic skills.
Old 12/3/10, 06:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
It might be good to listen to the exhaust before and after they removed, just for comparing the volume.
Old 12/3/10, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975
Any chance removing the discs would render the sound volume illegal? If not, I want mine removed, too. Does anybody know how difficult it is to install one of the electrical dump valves that the Ford engineers have referenced? I am not a mechanic but have basic skills.
no more illegal than runnig any aftermarket exhaust that makes it louder than factory. The factory has to adhere to federal driveby and idle regs...BS but it is what it is. BTW its WAY more of a problem technically to remove cats than opening the exhaust up for more volume.

I am gonna do the sidepipe mods and install longtubes that are compatible with the Boss quad exhaust and leave the rest of the car stock
Old 12/3/10, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975

I am curious as to this answer as well? Anyone know any details on the electronic dump vlaves, where, how much, etc etc
Old 12/3/10, 09:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Those black stripes are sweet, did you photoshop it or some one else?

LQQK
Thanks everyone, I've been waiting for the Boss FOREVER!!! My family is sick of hearing me talk about it

I've got no photoshop skills, someone else did it. I'll remove the white stripes, paint the roof and go with either gray or black stripes.
Old 12/3/10, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Congrats Chris!!
Old 12/3/10, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Watch the end of the Boss special on Speed Channel almost two weeks ago. Dave Pericak (sp) puts the Red key in and starts the car and enjoys the "music". Granted that is full race cam tune but it gives an idea of the sound.
Old 12/3/10, 11:42 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dmn8rHD
Anyone know any details on the electronic dump vlaves, where, how much, etc etc
Click here for a few options.
Old 12/4/10, 05:47 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Thanks for the link, but none of those listed have the Boss' two bolt flange. The one alluded to by the design team are supposedly plug and play.

Looking at the available designs, it makes sense why they use a three bolt flange. With a two bolts flange, one bolt would be in the way of the butterfly valve's shaft, if the flange were horizontal. However, the Boss' flange is not exactly horizontal, which would leave room for a shaft, however the angle of rotation is probably unique. To me it looks like there will soon be an FRPP part for this.

Last edited by PTRocks; 12/4/10 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12/4/10, 03:56 PM
GT Member

I placed my order today for an Ingot Silver Laguna Seca. Won't show up until about this time next year though. I've been waiting for this car since the news of the Coyote Project first leaked (over 2 years ago), so 11 more months won't hurt too much

And doggonit if someone didn't already have my screen name
Old 12/4/10, 05:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200
I placed my order today for an Ingot Silver Laguna Seca. Won't show up until about this time next year though. I've been waiting for this car since the news of the Coyote Project first leaked (over 2 years ago), so 11 more months won't hurt too much

And doggonit if someone didn't already have my screen name
I see your from Oklahoma (SOONERS),,,Well,,,I'm from Nebraska (HUSKERS)

In one hour the last BIG XII championship will be decide between these two rivals>>>Good-Luck---

""GO HUSKERS""

LQQK
Old 12/4/10, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200
I placed my order today for an Ingot Silver Laguna Seca. Won't show up until about this time next year though.
Congrats! It'll be here before you know it.
Old 12/10/10, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Patiently waiting....can't believe it's going to be 6-8 more months!!!

Oh BTW I am def. going to order the front LS splitter, the black LS style wheels from the Boss "S", and brake cooling duct kit from FRPP. I can't wait to see how much that "s" style hood will cost... probably $$$$ but since I ordered the orange car and the press release car is the same color I fell in love with that combo!

The only thing I don't care for is the rear spoiler...but of course that's fro the track!
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Boss Order is in!!-mustang-boss-302s-01.jpg  

Last edited by 12C/OBoss; 12/10/10 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss Order is in!!