Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

1 Day old boss 302 with BLOWN motor???

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/11, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BossRx
However I do deserve piece of mind and a mechanic saying everything is fine is not my idea of piece of mind. So i am requesting that ford send an engineer either materials or automotive engineer to check the tolerances of the motor and the structure of the internals...if this is done and it all checks out i am a happy customer.
I'd be perfectly happy with a compression check and a leak down test. Quick and easy, and that should verify that the readings are normal. No need to tear down the engine (which they would then have to reassemble... )

Good Luck with it!
Old 4/19/11, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
why someone would buy a Boss as a collectable and then......
That is simple, everyone likes something different, I plan to make changes to mine as do many members here. I wish different as I own one of these but I don't see these cars gaining value in the near future, they will most likely deprecate just like almost any other car. Of course that depends on many factors, do they make only the number they talk about? Will something better be built?

One of the reasons the 60's muscle cars are worth money is that for many years cars were crap, the only way to get any performance was to get an older 60's muscle car but even these had there low point in the early 70's. It really has not been until the recent past were cars became very powerful again. The other side of this is, if you took $3,800 and invested it in Microsoft instead of a 69 Boss, today you could buy one of every muscle car restored and still have money to fuel up the private jet.

I hope my car holds it value but the true value to me is how I enjoy it, modified or not.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 4/20/11 at 06:47 AM.
Old 4/19/11, 04:33 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
I don't these cars gaining value in the near future, they will most likely deprecate just like almost any other car. Of course that depends on many factors, do they make only the number they talk about? Will something better be built?

I hope my car holds it value but the true value to me is how I enjoy it, modified or not.
+1 Here's to depreciating less than the average performance car. And to being the most enjoyable car from Detroit in 40 years!
Old 4/19/11, 04:37 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Boomer
And how much are 2003/2004 Mach1s going for these days
Hahahahaha HEY!

*looks sideways at 2004 Mach1*

Last edited by otmshank; 4/19/11 at 04:39 PM.
Old 4/19/11, 05:55 PM

I find this whole story posted by Boss Rx to be kind of fishy. He states he bought a Boss with black stripes, yet he says coolant got on the front splitter. If the Boss had a front splitter it would be a Boss LS. However, Boss LS only have red stripes.
Boss Rx says the coolant line to the oil cooler fell off. What ? I have never seen an oil cooler with coolant lines going to it. Usually, oil coolers are like a small radiator with oil flowing thru them. There appear to be too many errors in the post by Boss Rx. Hoax ? ?
Really????? First of all, I do not know the OP, but I looked at this very car on the showroom floor at Westway Ford in Irving, Texas on Saturday, April 9th. I was looking to buy for sticker, but they wanted $10K over at the time, and I couldn't give that much in good conscience.

As far as the splitter, the non LS BOSS 302's most definitely have a splitter(lips that protrude out from either side of the bottom of the front bumper cover/lower grille assembly), it just isn't nearly as pronounced as the LS splitter is.

As for the oil cooler line...how do think the oil gets from the engine to the cooler and back to the engine again? I can assure you it isn't via osmosis!

Come on mang! Just sayin'...
Old 4/19/11, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Okay, what Vin number did you see on that Boss ?
Old 4/19/11, 09:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 602 Likes on 433 Posts
Who do you think he is, Rain Man? Who the heck can remember a 17 digit number from a car they walked around in a dealership a month ago?
Old 4/19/11, 10:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Who do you think he is, Rain Man? Who the heck can remember a 17 digit number from a car they walked around in a dealership a month ago?
rain man!
Old 4/19/11, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I know I won't be driving my car in the rain, man.

Old 4/20/11, 08:07 AM

Look dude, I don't know about you, but when I go to look at a new car, committing the VIN to memory is not on the tip top of my priority list. Westway Ford is not a big dealer, and the BOSS's are not exactly plentiful at the moment(they actually claimed it was the only BOSS they'd be getting this year). I tried to deal with them on THAT car, but they wanted $10K OVER sticker, which I was not willing to do. I simply connected the dots to that being the same car. If you don't want to believe it, then that's certainly your prerogative. I have nothing to gain by posting this up. Believe what you want to believe. Whatever. I'm out.
Old 4/22/11, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Everett
I thought the op was older. He is doing well for himself

www.********** we encourage kill stories

In his 20's........new Boss....WRX....LS2 GTO.....
either he's doing REAL well.......
or.........
Daddy's loaded.........I make decent money and I don't have toys like that!
Old 4/22/11, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys for all the input, the car number I believe is 358. I had a long meeting with the dealer gm. said there is no damage to the motor and the part just needs to be replaced so clearly no blown motor and subsequent new motor will be needed so clearly dont expect a trade of any sort now. However I do deserve piece of mind and a mechanic saying everything is fine is not my idea of piece of mind. So i am requesting that ford send an engineer either materials or automotive engineer to check the tolerances of the motor and the structure of the internals...if this is done and it all checks out i am a happy customer. they dealer will not do anything to compensate me until ford motors address the issue...which is understandable. So they have not installed the headlights yet so the oil cooler hose fastener was misplaced from the factory
Thanks again guys ill keep you posted!
Just incase anyone cares here are my future mods...i will keep all factory parts :-). Longtube headers with high flow cats, lower suspension, thicker anti roll bars, slotted rotors front and rear, hre, bbs or o.z. light weight racing spec rims, light weight harmonic balancer and strobe brake lights under hard breaking like the F1 pace car
In your original post, did you say the HID conversion was going to be 2.5k? If so, tell them to keep it. I also noticed that you mentioned gap protection 2k..... might want to check into that as is generally costs $400-$600.

Glad to hear the car is going to be ok.
Old 4/22/11, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
That is simple, everyone likes something different, I plan to make changes to mine as do many members here. I wish different as I own one of these but I don't see these cars gaining value in the near future, they will most likely deprecate just like almost any other car. Of course that depends on many factors, do they make only the number they talk about? Will something better be built?

One of the reasons the 60's muscle cars are worth money is that for many years cars were crap, the only way to get any performance was to get an older 60's muscle car but even these had there low point in the early 70's. It really has not been until the recent past were cars became very powerful again. The other side of this is, if you took $3,800 and invested it in Microsoft instead of a 69 Boss, today you could buy one of every muscle car restored and still have money to fuel up the private jet.

Bravo Yellow Boss!!!! I don't own my 70 Boss for investment nor did I buy Boss Junior for an investment. If you had an original Cobra from 65 or a Boss 429 you might have value. I own my Bosses because I love them. Don't get me going.
Old 4/22/11, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

Just wondering thats all...it is westway ford irving, tx
Thanks for the welcome
dude, is it the white one they had a couple weeks ago? i called on it and mine orange one, they said the white one was sold on saturday while i was tryig to get info about mine.
Old 4/23/11, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ShaneM
dude, is it the white one they had a couple weeks ago? i called on it and mine orange one, they said the white one was sold on saturday while i was tryig to get info about mine.
That's the one. They actually called me last Saturday morning(around 10:00) and informed me the sales manager was "ready to deal". Apparently the OP came in shortly thereafter and purchased the car. My current DD is an Ibis White Audi A4 w/ Titanium Package & Gunmetal VMR V710's...so the Black & White theme really appealed to me. Grats on your find man. Having #0001 is cool as hell.