2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Sync 3 (only) discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/15, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync 3 (only) discussion

Let's open a thread for only Sync 3 (available in 2016 model year Mustangs) discussion. Sync 3 is entirely new, so let's confine the discussion to this version. There's plenty of chatter regarding the previous version(s).

Hopefully the FordIVTeam will monitor this thread and can carry our suggestions on to the right people.

First, an overall feature request: There is too much wasted space now. I.E. when in the NAV screen, almost the entire top and bottom are useless. Please fill the upper and lower borders with useful info like in previous versions, like the song playing, bluetooth connected, dual climate settings, the compass and the like. It's silly to have to move back to the Home view (sometimes more than one button press) just to have that info accessible.

ALWAYS have a HOME button on screen. Hopefully in addition to the "back / previous" button. On the Mustang 2016, even the steering wheel home button is not there.
Old 10/22/15, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Bug discovered today:

I played a CD yesterday. Turned the audio system off when I got home. Ejected the CD (I don't recall exactly), but I'm pretty sure I shut the car off but not very sure I had opened a door, deactivating the courtesy time the system will still play.

Today, the audio system was OFF. I could NOT power it on, either via the dashboard button or on the touchscreen (upper right). It seems since it was still in "CD" input mode, but no CD was present any longer, it went dumb. I finally figured out I could use voice commands to play from USB, that got it powered on. Good thing, since I no longer had a CD with me.
Old 10/22/15, 12:35 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey JoesCat,

I'll definitely be lurking in the shadows waiting for the opportunity to jump in. LOL

Please compile a list of your thoughts/ideas and head over to Ford Social. It's the best way to have your voice heard by our engineers.

Check it out: https://social.ford.com/content/ford...home-page.html

Also, when you have a moment please try to duplicate the issue you experienced with the CD. I'd like to have this escalated if it proves to be an ongoing concern for you or other users.

Thanks for your feedback and continued support.

Whitney
Old 10/23/15, 03:31 AM
GT Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I want the ability to save your present location as a "Favorite" and bring back the old home page with the ability to put your own wallpaper up!

Old 10/23/15, 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Please find a way to fit radio presets on the home screen.
Old 10/23/15, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes the radio presets and maybe you can have selectable gauges too!

Old 11/30/15, 11:51 AM
GT Member

Back to requests for changes:

Still, it's very important to populate the screen with key information from the various categories . . . climate settings, audio system (source / artist / song), dual climate, etc. I REALLY miss that!

Added to above, it's additionally painful to have to back/back/Home button press to get to that info. Especially when having a waypoint set in Nav., and the home button is replaced with an upcoming turn . . . then there is no Home button, so no convenient or consistent way to return to any other view.

Traffic alerts?! I have Navigation and a full subscription to SiriusXM. Yet traffic alerts show up ONLY as an icon on the map. No alert is actually presented. So you have to drill down through the SiriusXM applet to look up traffic alerts, so set the map to include the area where an alert might show up, then try to press right on the icon. That's tedious in a moving vehicle, even more so with a manual transmission. Tell me I'm missing something! Traffic alerts should be pushed to you!

Navigation: Entering a multi-waypoint route is grueling using the screen. You cannot add more than one waypoint at a time, and adding one takes at least 7 screen pushes, for each waypoint. Example: Adding a waypoint to an existing route, even if you're in Nav mode . . . Controls, destination, Favorites, scroll or find the destination (only 1 press included in the minimum 7), add waypoint, choose it in the list, move up or down (only 1 press counted), press go. You cannot add more than one, "add waypoint" doesn't mean "add another", it's only one at a time.
That's minimum, any scrolling or anything will need even more actions.

Setting a destination via voice is much more straightforward compared to the previous Sync version, as you can state "destination street address", and cite the entire address - number, street and city. The resulting location on the map though is zoomed way in, so you really cannot tell where the matching location is in the broad sense. It may be more useful to initially show a map zoomed to include both your current location, and the destination.

Feature change / request: Have the steering wheel "M" button toggle between the 2 previous audio sources. Scenario: Listening to USB audio, you want to change to a broadcast channel to get a traffic update, sports score or the like. Do that once, then you could use the M button to toggle between that and the previous input.
As it is, the M button is pretty useless . . . there are too many choices to scroll through all of them. And the times I've accidentally pressed it, the next choice in order was not what I would want - and those times of course I couldn't even get to the sources screen since a turn was presented in Nav, so the Home button on screen wasn't available.

Overall, the display and processing speed is much improved over previous versions. However, the user interface needs a minor overhaul to be more useful. Far less input should to be needed to perform most any function., and far more information (and access) would easily fit on the screen. Maybe the designers were thinking "less clutter", but now needing so many interactions to do anything isn't making the system easier to use, and less demanding while on the road.
Old 1/31/16, 07:14 AM
Cobra Member

Hi all, I have a 2016 GT350 with the tech pack. Awesome car, I feel very fortunate to have been an early adopter, but..... Often if I'm on the phone in the car and the phone call ends, Sync won't let go. By this I mean that the call timer stops when the call is done, but Sync won't let me disconnect. I can't make another call. If I manually call from my phone, the BT won't pick it up. I can't switch to other audio entertainment, it's done. If I pull over, turn off the car, open a door, and restart the car... still it thinks I'm on that call. It's only if the car is turned off for over a minute or so that it resets and lets me have control of the car. FRUSTRATING AS HECK.

Additionally, this car FREQUENTLY DROPS satellite radio. Sometimes it's pretty much useless. Oddly my 2011 Gt with the electronics pack had NONE of these problems. Anyone else going through some of this???

Last edited by eric n; 2/1/16 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2/1/16, 08:58 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi eric n,

I responded to your post here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...99#post1047499 Check it out.

Shaay
Old 2/1/16, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, I saw it and will give it a shot..