2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Seen in person - All doubts dispelled

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/14, 05:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im glad to see Ford bring back competition orange and yellow. Those two colors look amazing and with a bunch of black accent pieces, even better
Old 9/11/14, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Do what you have to do man. I'm not concerned about it. I have done nothing wrong and others have done the attacking. The android app has been down for weeks so a few days is nothing but a thing. I'm apart of numerous other mustang forums so respectfully not concerned about it.

I have not broken any rules of the forum. If you want to separate my account for a few days because members have verbally attacked me for expressing my personal views about the 2015 model, go ahead. I strap body armor on and handle domestic disturbances, shootings, rapes, assaults, car stops, domestic standbys, and all police mattets so if you think I'm intimated by your TMS position, you good sir are mistaken.

I have done nothing wrong and certainly won't be cyber bullied by other members of this site. I will stand my ground on my beliefs and have a right to express my opinion as many times as I wish. People can say how much they love the 2015 over and over and so can members who are less than pleased. If people don't agree or care for my comments of the 2015 mustang then move along.
Don't worry, Man. If they shut you down, I'll pick up where you left off. I don't disagree with your assessment of the 2015...except the part about it breaking sales records if that wasn't sarcasm.

Last edited by Boss 0960; 9/11/14 at 11:27 PM.
Old 9/11/14, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960

Don't worry, Man. If they shut you down, I'll pick up where you left off. I don't disagree with your assessment of the 2015...except the part about it breaking sales records if that wasn't sarcasm.
At least someone has my back. Lol. I really do want to love the new 2015. I'm just not feeling the love or like for it but I really want to love it. As far as sales numbers, maybe a little sarcasm but for all the hype Ford put on this vehicle , it should sell more units than 2014's.
Old 9/11/14, 11:49 PM
Bullitt Member

At least someone has my back. Lol. I really do want to love the new 2015. I'm just not feeling the love or like for it but I really want to love it. As far as sales numbers, maybe a little sarcasm but for all the hype Ford put on this vehicle , it should sell more units than 2014's.
I don't even know why I visit this particular forum. I've been following the 2015 since the first renderings started appearing online. I waited for the unveiling with great anticipation. I kind of feel invested in the 2015 for the time and enthusiasm I put into it before it's reveal. It's just that the actual product leaves me underwhelmed. I've written many (sometimes lengthy) replies in this forum...and then didn't post them. I try not to be confrontational on the web but some things need to be said and you were saying them.

I want to post a photo I took of my time with the 2015 in person but my Photobucket seems to be down right now. I think it shows a unique aspect of the 2015 that I don't particularly care for. I'll upload it to Photobucket and share as soon as I can gain access.
Old 9/12/14, 12:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I don't even know why I visit this particular forum. I've been following the 2015 since the first renderings started appearing online. I waited for the unveiling with great anticipation. I kind of feel invested in the 2015 for the time and enthusiasm I put into it before it's reveal. It's just that the actual product leaves me underwhelmed. I've written many (sometimes lengthy) replies in this forum...and then didn't post them. I try not to be confrontational on the web but some things need to be said and you were saying them. I want to post a photo I took of my time with the 2015 in person but my Photobucket seems to be down right now. I think it shows a unique aspect of the 2015 that I don't particularly care for. I'll upload it to Photobucket and share as soon as I can gain access.
He's said those things a million times. Literally. Count. Same thing OVER and OVER. And then he doubles back and says he likes it and hopes it does well. And then he says it looks like a Fusion. And then he says he hates the rear end. Just shut the f*ck up already!
Old 9/12/14, 12:34 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Well, I'm not sure the 2015 mustang is a completely all new design. The front fasica is Fords corporate look which is not new. As you stated the rear end resembles the 1st generation mustang rear so that's not all new. Just more of the retro but less retro than S197 but semi retro but completely new design. The only thing left is its side profile.

Anyway, that's what I don't like about the rear. To me it looks like a really poorly done old fashion, not aggressive 1st generation stang that doesn't go with the rest of the car and looks soft. To leave the 13-14 tail light LED's and not build on it and go back to like taill lights of the 1st generation stangs, is silly. Really lack of creativity and vision of Ford and its design team. All the years planning for the car and that was the best all new and fresh modern design they could come up with?

Kona ! I previously owned 3 fox body mustangs prior to purchasing my first S-197 in which my last fox body was a 93 SVT Cobra..

Although I really enjoyed my fox bodies including the Cobra, when Ford introduced the S-197 Mustang in mid 2004, I knew that I had to have one and the reason why was because I was so blown away by it's classic/retro styling that reminded me of the 1st generation 65-70 Stangs I grew up admiring that I didn't hesitate for even a single moment when trading the Cobra in for my first S-197 which was an 05 torch red GT..

To this very day, every time I look at the car's lines along with the front end/grill section.. I see classic 67-69 Mustang DNA..

The roof line along with it's separate A+B pillars are reminiscent of the classic 65 Shelby GT-350..

The rear tail lights IMHO remind me of the 1970 models and the instrument cluster and dash, once again classic Mustang DNA era 67-68..

As I stated in a previous post, my only compliant with the current S-197 Mustang is that Ford didn't quite go retro enough when they didn't design the car to include a full sloping fastback..

My point is this.. Ford took classic DNA styling of the 1st generation 65-70 models when they designed the current S-197.. However they didn't attempt to re-create some cheap copy of the original design but was rather a modern interpretation altogether in it's own right instead ..

So my question is this.. Would you consider your 2011 Kona Blue Mustang as being some cheap copy of the 1st generation 65-70 models if it had been designed with a full sloping rear end section ?
Old 9/12/14, 01:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
He's said those things a million times. Literally. Count. Same thing OVER and OVER. And then he doubles back and says he likes it and hopes it does well. And then he says it looks like a Fusion. And then he says he hates the rear end. Just shut the f*ck up already!
Yes...and I hear all the same nut-hugging points over and over already. This car generates a strange reaction from everybody. Re: that grill. Some say it's a nod to the '67 Shelby. But the Fusion did have this grill shape first and nobody was pointing out the similarity to the Shelby when the Fusion came out. I think it's just blind luck that somebody in the styling dep't found a picture of the '67 to justify using the corporate grill opening. To me, that grill shape is the most incongruous part of the car. Is it retro '67 or is it corporate? I don't know but I don't think it belongs on a thoroughly modern, clean sheet design Mustang.

Unlike Kona, I like the Fastback profile. That's about the only styling element that I really like. Just like Kona, I think the rear end is awful. I still can't get my Photobucket open to upload my rear end photo. Having said all that, I hope it does well. I think a lot of people will buy it but I don't think I will be one of them. However, I said that about the S-197 and I bought a 2006 anyway. As it turns out, I hated the 2006. I should have trusted my original gut feeling and left well-enough alone. Now that I am armed with that experience, I am more likely to trust my original reaction to the S550 and leave it alone but never say never.

Even after I've said all that, I don't hate it. Maybe I don't get it or maybe I don't like the direction the Mustang is headed. Call me conflicted.
Old 9/12/14, 05:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Kona ! I previously owned 3 fox body mustangs prior to purchasing my first S-197 in which my last fox body was a 93 SVT Cobra.. Although I really enjoyed my fox bodies including the Cobra, when Ford introduced the S-197 Mustang in mid 2004, I knew that I had to have one and the reason why was because I was so blown away by it's classic/retro styling that reminded me of the 1st generation 65-70 Stangs I grew up admiring that I didn't hesitate for even a single moment when trading the Cobra in for my first S-197 which was an 05 torch red GT.. To this very day, every time I look at the car's lines along with the front end/grill section.. I see classic 67-69 Mustang DNA.. The roof line along with it's separate A+B pillars are reminiscent of the classic 65 Shelby GT-350.. The rear tail lights IMHO remind me of the 1970 models and the instrument cluster and dash, once again classic Mustang DNA era 67-68.. As I stated in a previous post, my only compliant with the current S-197 Mustang is that Ford didn't quite go retro enough when they didn't design the car to include a full sloping fastback.. My point is this.. Ford took classic DNA styling of the 1st generation 65-70 models when they designed the current S-197.. However they didn't attempt to re-create some cheap copy of the original design but was rather a modern interpretation altogether in it's own right instead .. So my question is this.. Would you consider your 2011 Kona Blue Mustang as being some cheap copy of the 1st generation 65-70 models if it had been designed with a full sloping rear end section ?
To answer your question, I have not a clue on my 2011 being a cheap copy of the 1st generation models if designed with a full sloping rear. If my 2011 had the same exact slopping rear that the 2015 has, then my mustang wouldn't be my mustang. I would of never bought it but considering the 2011 model was and is a modern RETRO version, a somewhat slopping rear would of made more sense. It makes more sense to me on a retro model to have a sloping rear but not on a all new, moving forward mustang generation. Even wanting to give the 2015 a sloping rear, I'm surprised a better design wasn't come up with along with modern looking taillights. I think the slopped rear in the first generation mustangs totally worked because it flowed as a whole complete design and worked back then. I'm sure I'll get warned again about ease up but I'm just answering your question. If I don't answer your question, I'll get called out about not answering but now answering I'm sure I'll get ripped to shreds.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/12/14 at 05:32 AM.
Old 9/12/14, 11:32 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone change the title of the thread to , "Konas likes and mainly dislikes of the 2015 mustang" and then shut the thread down!

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 9/12/14 at 11:33 AM.
Old 9/12/14, 11:43 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,634 Posts
My friend and sales manager at Ford had his Mustang session yesterday. He got to drive an SGM Ecoboost automatic. He liked it but would rather have a stick and V8. He said it really cornered well and was impressed with it. The younger sales crowd loved the rear end and the Europeanized look to it! The guy who drove it there said he's averaging 27-28 mpg. He said mid October till the new Mustang to arrives! :-)
Old 9/12/14, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Can someone change the title of the thread to , "Konas likes and mainly dislikes of the 2015 mustang" and then shut the thread down!
Now I like the sound of that thread change. That has a really nice ring to it, so hopefully the moderator will chop chop to that idea. But no need to shut down this good thread. After all were all getting along so well especially since everybody was suggested to ease up.

Besides what would be the point to shut down this thread. Someone will only open another 2015 thread talking about how they finally saw the 2015 model and how it looks better than they thought. And then someone is gonna say the opposite and blah blah blah all over. Like we really need another thread topic about the 2015 and how it looks because we don't already have enough of them which is why to leave this one open.
Old 9/12/14, 12:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now I like the sound of that thread change. That has a really nice ring to it, so hopefully the moderator will chop chop to that idea. But no need to shut down this good thread. After all were all getting along so well especially since everybody was suggested to ease up. Besides what would be the point to shut down this thread. Someone will only open another 2015 thread talking about how they finally saw the 2015 model and how it looks better than they thought. And then someone is gonna say the opposite and blah blah blah all over. Like we really need another thread topic about the 2015 and how it looks because we don't already have enough of them which is why to leave this one open.
You crack me up man!!
Old 9/12/14, 01:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST

You crack me up man!!
Well awe shucks. I'm glad I make you laugh.
Old 9/12/14, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is the photo I took of the tail lights. The slot between each tail light is deep, maybe 1-1/2" deep. The last inch or so of the tail light that you see is only a thin, clear red plastic edge. You can see that my finger goes between the tail lights right up to the second knuckle. To me, this is the essence of gimmicky design especially compared to the cool, clean look of the '13-14 tail lights. I also see a lot of chipped and cracked tail light lenses in our future.

Name:  3BA709B0-B26A-4387-B24D-F666D5A75624.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  51.5 KB
Old 9/12/14, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here is the photo I took of the tail lights. The slot between each tail light is deep, maybe 1-1/2" deep. The last inch or so of the tail light that you see is only a thin, clear red plastic edge. You can see that my finger goes between the tail lights right up to the second knuckle. To me, this is the essence of gimmicky design especially compared to the cool, clean look of the '13-14 tail lights. I also see a lot of chipped and cracked tail light lenses in our future.
Honestly the 13-14 lights look cool, but the black plastic is terrible. It is so soft and scratches so easy. I polished mine last weekend, as well as the center decklid, and they look better, but not perfect. My decklid has held up much better than the lights.
Old 9/12/14, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Honestly the 13-14 lights look cool, but the black plastic is terrible. It is so soft and scratches so easy. I polished mine last weekend, as well as the center decklid, and they look better, but not perfect. My decklid has held up much better than the lights.
I take great care of my tail lights and center panel. I keep them waxed with Ice Wax and I have no scratches on them whatsoever.
Old 9/12/14, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous! I want to be knuckle-deep in those sexy taillights.
Old 9/12/14, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
LOL. I should have given it the shocker.
Old 9/12/14, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I take great care of my tail lights and center panel. I keep them waxed with Ice Wax and I have no scratches on them whatsoever.
What do you use on them? I have "taken great care" of mine too. My decklid is perfect. My lights were scratched to hell after the first wash.
Old 9/12/14, 05:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
i'm surpirsed it took a whole HOUR for someone to say something like that LMAO

bunch of perves

Quick Reply: Seen in person - All doubts dispelled